E30stz

Quick Questions

my two local repco stores both have them. maybe they are just out of stock? Supercheap local?

According to the narva book at the repco in mt wellington they dont even stock them ?

Ill try segedins :D

If your car's not any lower than previously, those are bump stops, whoever your local auto dist. is should have replacements, although its a pain to put new ones in as as everything else needs to come out.

Cheers Lucan, i may just replace shocks and springs at the same time.

According to the narva book at the repco in mt wellington they dont even stock them ?

Ill try segedins :D

Hmm i got some for my clear indicators on my e34. If continued no luck and you still have the ones that are blown out, see if it says what brand it is and google that for the supplier

Really dumb question but is there an o-ring seal for an e30 FL dipstick tube into the block? I've pulled out a PFL one with no o-ring., just metal to metal, grease and dust holding it in. Was a prick to get out.

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=...hg=11&fg=10

or

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=...hg=11&fg=10

It shows an "O" ring on the diagram and also in ETK (No9) but the part is not fitted and does not apply to a F/L or P F/L block. Clean the surface and add a liitle sealant to seal it.

Edited by *Glenn*

my cigarette lighter thing had a random blow , now the actual lighter thing is not fitting in place any more also

should i just replace the unit if that's possible?

my cigarette lighter thing had a random blow , now the actual lighter thing is not fitting in place any more also

should i just replace the unit if that's possible?

I would think so, have had the same issue before!

Hey guys, do e36 318is shocks and springs fit my e36 318i?

Cheers

I would think so, have had the same issue before!

yea ended up changing fuse worked fine , used iPhone charger fine , used cigi lighter again blows fuse

i don't smoke so im leaving this one out for now, its just for music :blink:

recently a clicking noise started in the rear when turning left , after a week or so its clicking turning both sides.

click click click until i straighten up , no knocking sounds or anything

any thoughts on what to check?

its pissing me off

recently a clicking noise started in the rear when turning left , after a week or so its clicking turning both sides.

click click click until i straighten up , no knocking sounds or anything

any thoughts on what to check?

its pissing me off

If I didn't know any better it sounds like your CV's are stuffed......... :rolleyes:

Are the Z3 underbody cross braces the same as any other E36 ones?

Are the Z3 underbody cross braces the same as any other E36 ones?

ETK should tell you Greg

You probably could to, i'm not at work this week.

Just had a look...E36Z3 has same front components. X brace Part # 51718410212. I had a look at E36, it shows the same diagram but says its not applicable. It shows exactly the same diagram for M3 & M3 evo but doesn't list a part #

Another thread recently was about fitting these. Can't remember what category the thread was in. I'm pretty sure you can fit the Z3 brace to a E36 though

I've got one lying around here, it has a sump protector on it too which is the main reason. Might attempt to fit it when i have it on the hoist next.

Cheers Glenn.

I am currently putting a pfl m20b25 into a fl using I facelift loom I understand I have to put the facelift front pully and crank angle sensor on, but I see the pfl has a dowl but the face lift doesn't how can I swap these over making sure everything is correct?

on ignition on the 740 i just noticed last week that the oil light sometimes dont light especially on cold starts, and sometimes it does (ignition 2). oil level is good and no leaks. anyone know what it could be? oil pump going kaput? it has done 265ks

Edited by Docile

Can you take a pic of the bracket in the car without all the tape on it ? You might have p/fl bracket and f/l switch

Well have tried doing what was said about the brake light switch and doesnt seem to fit and yes both are for f/l. Bracket is square type. But i have cable tied it in place and is alright for now.

But now my problem is the tensioner bolts for the alternator seems to have been threaded causing the belt to be loose. Is this an easy replacement?

Anyone couriered a front bumper?

Looking to go between islands? Will ask couriers but if someones done it before would save a lot of time.

Anyone couriered a front bumper?

Looking to go between islands? Will ask couriers but if someones done it before would save a lot of time.

I have couriered a whole complete conversion (gbox and etc) from chch to aux. Theyll pick it up and etc but the receiving end has to pick it up from them. Stealth logistics is pretty good..

if someone can pickup and drop off at each end, you cant beat the train if its between islands. I have used Toll

I have couriered a whole complete conversion (gbox and etc) from chch to aux. Theyll pick it up and etc but the receiving end has to pick it up from them. Stealth logistics is pretty good..

what price? obviously this will weigh a lot less, just awkward shape.

if someone can pickup and drop off at each end, you cant beat the train if its between islands. I have used Toll

Thats a good idea, only im in qtown.. no trains unless i go to dunedin.. in saying that my mates brought drives a train.. Hmm.