Sign in to follow this  
bravo

South African e30 325i

Blacker than gus, is it possible?

pft

race you on a windy road next to the sea in the air

Hah - I have better rubber now gus - understeer no longer a factor.

The paint looks blacker in the photos than in reality - it is charcoal under some lighting conditions and black in others. Good ol' Diamanshwartz! Blacker than when I bought it thanks to Scratch-X plus Meguiars 3-step. Full of stone chips though - dammit.

Shelley - the tyres are Dunlop SP 9000 DSST (runflats) They were on the wheels when I bought them - they're about $500+ each new which is why I really shouldn't abuse them the way I do, but meh. I love the grip, but I absolutely hate the ride - If I got them again I wouldn't get the DSST runflat versions as the ride is uber-harsh with a stiff suspension setup - interior squeeks and rattles, I feel every minor pit in the road, CD player that never used to skip skips etc. Turn-in is great (stiff sidewall on a 45 profile = the win), but tramlining is evident although not that bad.

Shadowlining was done very carefully with a roll of satin black electrical tape, some patience, a good eye and a sharp (very sharp) craft knife. I don't expect it to last very long and intend on geting that vinyl off shelley, but in the meantime it works and unless you look very closely you can't tell.

Thanks for the positive comments - there's more mods to come as time and $ permits. Watch this space.

Very nice mate - you are doing well. Look forward to seeing some nice chrome tips on that muffler. Dont get a big bore, just a couple of chrome tips either straight back or angled to the side looks best.

What did you colour your instrument needles with?

Edited by ducatiss

well now that sparkle has recommended the chrome, the decision is made

go black

Stay chrome, Gus changed his old car back to chrome!

Very nice mate - you are doing well. Look forward to seeing some nice chrome tips on that muffler. Dont get a big bore, just a couple of chrome tips either straight back or angled to the side looks best.

What did you colour your instrument needles with?

Needles were hand painted red with fire-engine red modelling paint and a very steady hand. Those of you who have tried to do this and failed will understand it is not all that easy, but if you are careful you get a very nice result.

The exhaust will be entirely redone as the previous owner stuck a single pipe from the headers through an expansion chamber and on to a el-cheapo muffler. Sounds arse. Will be doing a proper twin system probably with reciprocal coby's and DTM style tips. Manual first!

looking good, cant wait to see it!

have you had the tyres off? one may be f**ked from it being driven to school and back dead flat!

trim looks good!

Hey Nathan - back?

I've had two of the tyres go a little soft on me after hard driving, but a quick pump-up puts them right for weeks. A tendency for enthusiastic round-a-bout negotiation, major negative camber, and poor driving skills leading to understeer (i'm still learning) mean the tyres will be worn out long before I need to worry about them going flat now and again.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

On a different note I have the same seats in my own car. But they are not Recaro seats, rather BMW's own sports seats. Recaro seats were slightly different again. I am not 100 percent on this and someone may well correct me. That said, they are a bloody good and comfortable seat.

Guest Spargo

On a different note I have the same seats in my own car. But they are not Recaro seats, rather BMW's own sports seats. Recaro seats were slightly different again. I am not 100 percent on this and someone may well correct me. That said, they are a bloody good and comfortable seat.

I've never seen a pair of Recaro E30 seats in NZ. All the sports seats you see are BMW's take on the recaro design, as recaro were too slow to supply their sport seats. The recaros have much wider headrests, larger side bolsters, and a deeper ass bucket.

Edited by Spargo

seen them once in a M323i that darren had. Headrests were a funny design, I think they had a big cutout in them.

Edited by E30stz

Blacker than Gus, hotter than hot.

Damn that is one fine ride G! I call a Bimmersport roadtrip end of next year!

Maybe my new purchase are genuine ones, have a weird headrest.

Nope from what I can see in your pics they are the BMW sports seats not recaro. There is nothing wrong with the BMW sports seats in Leather - they are a fine comfortable and supportive seat and seem to last well if cared for with leather conditioners. Edited by ducatiss

Great looking car - but would look ten times better without the McDonalds sticker on the screen!

NICE!A little too low for me,glad to see you have kept the kidneys chrome!

The wheels are momo's not sure which, so Chris's suggestion of them being gt2's sounds about right.

The McD's sticker is long gone. :D

Manual conversion done. Getrag 260 5spd, Luk Clutch, z3 1.9 shortshift.

Have Getrag 240 5spd conversion if anyone is interested. PM me.

windscreen banner FTMFW! So hot right now...

Posted Image

Edited by bravo

hahaha Bimmersport Bum Banging Bmw Boys represent

Bimmersport Bum Banging Bmw Boys

ftw