Sign in to follow this  
bravo

South African e30 325i

now to pimp it with mtech .. and your set ..

Funny you should say that....

...because that is EXACTLY what I've done.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

H&R's which will raise the rear a few mm are on the way (not to mention vastly improve handling and tyre wear).

Exhaust and possibly slight tints to go and that is the cosmetic side finished.

Then its penny saving time and performance to match the "show".

Edited by bravo

E30 four door Diamanschwartz MTechII is SO hot right now.

i like alot

thats looking really good mate! now the performance

It looks really good (I still think the wheels are too big....but enough about that), very nice work though - great looking car.

Cheers

Grant

looks bloody awesome mate! nice work .. DTM tips / mild tint and its done! ...

Its seriously one of the best looking conversions I've seen man. really really nice work (can you tell im excited) :D

looking good man. tec2 4 doors are sweet.

Sam, your right about the 17's, look too big on any other e30 apart from M3's

what happened to Tane's car? that was another badass 4dr Mtec2 with the 17" ACS reps

Edited by Mike

Looking good -

Miss my scummy silver mtech 4 door.. ahh the drift weapon.

Guest Phil Ken Sebben

Sam, your right about the 17's, look too big on any other e30 apart from M3's

M-tec + 17" = win.

Basically 17's on a standard non mtech e30 looks a bit rolla skate. but the mtech 2 kit creates the illusion that the car is taller than it is (lower hung bumpers / bubbler look) so it needs 17's to balance it out.

We have gone 18's and on the car it looks a lil rediculous at the moment with standard mtech 1 but once its lowered down and the m3 panel / bumper conversion is complete it will look well balanced. Also depends on what wheels you use too.

A car in person looks a lot different too .. Bravos car is black and his wheels are silver .. hence the camera picks up the wheels lighting a lot more and gives more to the illusion that they are bigger ... but in person .. they will look tits :)

DTM tips / mild tint and its done! ..

Stop pre-empting my planned mods! :lol:

Ok, so the exhaust is more or less sorted now:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

But, problem is it is much too loud. Advice on best way to quiet it down? The shop I went to thinks another res should do the trick. Want another opinion though if poss.

Chur.

Edited by bravo

SO HOT graeme CHOOOOICE!

cram some steel wool down theah cuzzy.

you could run a 2nd small silencer at the rear before the tips or my personal preference would be to replace the coby with something different, perhaps a little less free flow.

Thnanks for the pos comments.

Thanks Ollie - prob a good idea. Waste of a good coby though.... But it definately must be quietened down a bit.

But, problem is it is much too loud. Advice on best way to quiet it down? The shop I went to thinks another res should do the trick. Want another opinion though if poss.

Graeme, not surprised its loud - is in effect a straight thru system. Not much room for another resonator, you could remove that coby & fit a fluted type (same style) in place of - this would make a difference but not markedly.

Because the rear is basically just a resonator too you will ideally require a free flow muffler in place of the coby orrr maybe a turbo charger<_<

Please elaborate?

I initially talked with Al's mufflers (recommended on this forum) and they recommended essentially the same system, but with 2 resonators. Assured me it wouldn't be obnoxiously loud. I was unable to get the car to them as I live 3 hours drive away, so I went local armed with the info from Al's.

I am happy to go back and drop the $ to make the required mods as I am still a couple of hundy under budget, but want to make sure I only have to "fix" it once.

its that rear muffler...its really not a muffler, its more similar to the coby as a resonator from the looks of things

is it 2.5"? i probably would of gone for a 2.25, but im sure you will be fine.

Al's can put a muffler that will make it quieter and some appropriate tips on for you....am not sure how you are going to quiet it down keeping that muffler

Interesting Gus. Al's suggested a similar (same?) stainless rear box as an alternative to a mild steel one with a tip.

At this stage the most attractive option is to maybe replace the coby with a mild steel muffler of some sort???? Which is waht I think hotwire was getting at.

Yeah its 2.5". Again, after consultation with Al's they said 2.25" would be best, but 2.5" would be OK, and would allow me to keep it later on down the track when (if?) I go S/C.

Still appreciate anyone elses helpful comments.

P.S. everyone I talk to up here thinks it is awesome. Which only helps reinforce my thoughts that it isn't lol.

PPS - before anyone gets the wrong idea, I'm not bagging Al's. They didn't do the work. Top guys for helping me with all the info.

Edited by bravo

Early xmas prezzies for myself:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Details:

Had my rear Bilstein Sports reconditioned, internal bumpstops shortened, and revalved to suit my lowered setup (Chris at Suspension Tech).

Purchased brand new Bilstein Sports for the front and had them revalved and the internal bumpstops shortened.

New Powerflex CA bushes (purple urethane)

New Powerflex sway bar bushes (purple urethae front and rear)

New OEM strut top bearing mounts (the old ones had sagged by almost 10mm which means the car will now be a touch higher, but handle/ride better.

Have installed the bushes, and will install the rest tonight - was waiting on new gland nut seals for the front struts which I got today.

Should improve ride and handling no end. Hopefully the added stiffness and longer travel (shortened bumpstops) will improve harshness of ride, and new rubber and urethane improve handling.

Will let you know how it goes.

See for sale thread for my old Bilstein Sport inserts. Will take any reasonable offer as they are no use to me now.

What's next? Some minor cosmetic improvements, and now the handling is under control, some (hopefully significant) performance gains.

Thanks to Keith Hartley H&R (SUSPENSION) for putting me in touch with Chris @ Suspension tech.

Thanks to Chris for the expert opinion, and honest/candid advice.

Edited by bravo

Good stuff, how much were the front bilsteins?