Gus

Peter Brock Dead

after a crash in targa

amazing, two great ozzies in a week

Respect

For real??

Damn shame.

Edited by DirtySix

Tragic, and both of them lost in what should be relatively low risk situations.

Brocky was a true icon, sad day.

Him and Jim Richards, my 2 local legends, almost thought of him as a NZer sometimes. His memories will endure.

Respect.

f**k that's loose !!!!

Edited by MrHamWallet

A real legend and a bloody nice guy. In a way, a shame he was in a Ford and not a Holden.

I'll have to dig out my HRT shirt.

Jumped to the Ferrari conclusion over the Daytona Coupe. It was a Shelby.

Edited by cainchapman

This is such gay sh*t. Peter Brock, a legend right round the automotive circle, Not just Holden. Respect fro him, he was a great man. Big news around work :( Would've liked to observe one minutes silence or something.

Great loss of a True Ambassador of Motorsport!

I had a chat with Brocky on Targa 2002, One thing that stood out ,was he held Race-fans with higher regard than they did for him.

I remember him getting dragged away from fans to get into a race-car, but he wouldn't go until he Autographed a poster for a kid.

He was amazingly talented in a Race-car, awesome PR guy. he will be missed

The Wicked Game That We Play..........

Absolutely unbelievable, would have thought him as invincible, one of the best aussies & great ambassidor for motorsport, will be sorely missed.

Being the girl I am i actually shed a tear.Brock was a great man and i always looked up to him as very inspirational & talented ambassador for the car industry.One of the very few Aussies I ever liked.

RIP Brocky.

Its not often you can say this about an Aussie, but the man was a legend.

Ill never forget the first time I saw him race. It was a few years ago now at Bathurst and the rains came down. Everyone pitted for rain tyres and he came in and insisted on slicks.

The rest of the race was some of the most incredible driving I have ever seen.

I never knew that 05 was in support of the drink driving laws ovevr there. Just goes to show that he always had a greater message to spread than just racing.

I'm starting to wonder if my karma hasa caught up on the aussie nation, two legends in the space of a week, I hope Germaine is next as they come in threes. What a shock. More shocking sitting here watching the news go through his entire career from his bathurst and sandown wins to trading his wife for a mates one. Like Steve, Brockie has put so much back into the public, it truly has been a sad week for Australia.

I'm actually dreading getting the joke emails.

A real legend and a bloody nice guy. In a way, a shame he was in a Ford and not a Holden.

It was powered by a Holden engine (not like the original Shelby Daytona coupe).

True, Grant. I did think it strange that he would drive a Ford. However, it also seems a crime that you take a Great car and then use another motor in a real Classic. It would be like powering an M5 with a Chevy motor (or worse, as the M5 isn't even in the same class as a Shelby Coupe).