Sign in to follow this  
boydusM325i

Finished And Rolling!!

Its been a 8 month mission but finally I can sit back and enjoy the benifits of owning one of the smoothest torque delivering motorcars ive ever driven. Nothing quite explains that feeling of joy and pride as that lovely thing called adrenaline rushes through your body when you turn the key of a fresh fully worked 2.7ltr BMW Six!! ooh thats good :)

Introducing my 1988 BMW M325i..

From its stock M20 2.5ltr baby six and standard Motorsport options this is what ive achieved thus far:

Engine:

Stroked to 2.7ltr,high compression pistons,all new bottom end, 1mm shaved off the block, 1mm shaved head, ported/polished, Schrick 288degree camshaft, Schrick double valve springs,all new head components valves,rockers etc.., flowed head, custom 1.2mm head gasket,10.0:1 compression ratio, full covered cold airbox/ high flow foam race filter,sard rising rate fuel regulator,walbro 550hp fuel pump,Vac 260-300hp high performance fuel injectors,lightened flywheel, custom made tuned extractors(heat wrapped) & full custom 60mm exhaust system, Link Engine Managment System,wrinkle coated black intake manifold & cam cover.

Transmission: Standard 5speed replaced with 5spd close ratio dogleg box

Standard LSD, Bilstiens, lowered on Jamex springs,solid adjustable top camber plates,adjustable rear strut brace(front will be ready next week), 17inch six spoke black alloys with machined lip 215/40/17 bridgestone potenza G-grid II, Front eyebrows,tinted tail lights,clear side indicators, clear front bumper indicators, AVS S5 alarm with digital tilt sensor,tinted windows..I look forward to seeing you guys out on the road..

Edited by boydusM325i

sounds good..would be interested to hear how lumpy the cam is at idle...would be nice to have something to compare to

i don't suppose you used a vernier cam pulley having link to advance the timing?

where did you get the pistons? stock bore? and what rods are you using?

chuck some pics up, would be interested to see the headers

and welcome to the site!

Guest Spargo

Damn that is clean! Welcome to the 2.7 club.

That last pic seals it for me. I'm getting smoked indicators.

Looks nice indeed.

Really needs some spacers on the back, those wheels are sitting way too far in.

saw this car round @ my house last nite... damn its nice.

Haha riding on the skirt tails.

Liking it.

Dude thats pretty dam hot, i love silver edirtys! not that yours is dirty. Could you give us any idear on the approx

build cost of the motor? all good if you dont want to. I bet that m20 sounds great. I cant wait till mines done

Guest Spargo

Neat, are those tec1 skirts without the wheel arch bits? i like it, bit different.

Good eye Mike, they are 86 only -tec 1 skirts. 87 had the arch bits.

tidy as, smoked lenses look good.

Very very nice. Congrates on a job well done. I'm with Cain dude bring it to Puke this wekend.

That is very nice work, and a great looking E30.

Well done, I love it.

Cheers

Grant

Thanks..im getting there! B)

Very very nice. Congrates on a job well done. I'm with Cain dude bring it to Puke this wekend.

See you there hopefully on sunday afternoon

Damn that is clean! Welcome to the 2.7 club.

That last pic seals it for me. I'm getting smoked indicators.

Cheers, yea the lights came out pretty good hey..

Looks nice indeed.

Really needs some spacers on the back, those wheels are sitting way too far in.

Thanks man..The rear spacers are in production at the moment along with E30 front strut braces if anyone would like one??

Very cool - welcome.

Thanks alot, look forward to meeting everyone.. :)

Good eye Mike, they are 86 only -tec 1 skirts. 87 had the arch bits.

Correct..I think it creates a cleaner look down the side of the car. Something a bit different aye B)

awesome car!

could you possibly "pm" me some more info on your sard rising rate fuel regulator and walbro 550hp fuel pump?

how well do they work and how do you set up the RRFR.

any chance of some engine bay photos?