Sign in to follow this  
savvi

CAI box photos[finally finished] 4 325i

post-1273-1158292985_thumb.jpgpost-1273-1158293087_thumb.jpgpost-1273-1158293186_thumb.jpgtook the car for a drive this morning and can feel the differance in pickup at 80kph + id say at least 5hp at least, doesnt look half bad eitherpost-1273-1158185265_thumb.jpgpost-1273-1158185422_thumb.jpg Edited by savini

Looks good - who built that?

dytec racing filled in the gaps and made the adapter an polished it 4 me, but i did all the measuring, cutting, fabrication my self Edited by savini

very nice job well done. you should make more and sell em

looks bloody nice

congrats man ... you really should build and sell them at that qaulity

Yeh man design looks sweet as

I'd be keen for one if you made em

ill see what i can do regarding getting some cai boxs made up, pretty busy at the mo.

for people who are interested, give me a price you guys would be willing to pay cause that would help me 2 help you guys wanting one

Whats it made of? 80 - 100 bucks? i dont know what to offer as i have no idea how much the materials etc cost...

Whats it made of? 80 - 100 bucks? i dont know what to offer as i have no idea how much the materials etc cost...

ill get back to you on that got to get a price from my guy who does the the polishing and final little touch ups 4 me,

thanks

abs is better tane..doesnt radiate as much heat

you have inspired me...i need to make mine now....question is..is carbon fibre cooler than steel? (temperature wise of course)

abs is better tane..doesnt radiate as much heat

you have inspired me...i need to make mine now....question is..is carbon fibre cooler than steel? (temperature wise of course)

definately is thats why formula one uses carbon fibre, whats abs stand for

ill get back to you on that got to get a price from my guy who does the the polishing and final little touch ups 4 me,

thanks

Choice, that would be great.

Could you not line it with something to make less heat emit through the metal? also is it completely open underneath ie where does it let air in from? Could you take a pic of it out of the car?

Id probably make one myself, if i knew how to weld and if i had the time/resources.....

Cheers

Chris

its a type of plastic, not sure what it stands for. the thinking behind it is that metal absorbs heat and re radiates it into the cold air box, making it warmer. having said that yours looks super balla, and should be taking enough cold air anyway.

Looks really good. My only comment is that the more level you keep the AFM, the better. I may look into building a carbon one - have a mate who is handy with carbon.

Looks really good. My only comment is that the more level you keep the AFM, the better. I may look into building a carbon one - have a mate who is handy with carbon.

its not causing any probs at the mo and i can definately feel a differance in he top end range, thanks 4 your comment anyway

Could you not line it with something to make less heat emit through the metal? also is it completely open underneath ie where does it let air in from? Could you take a pic of it out of the car?

Id probably make one myself, if i knew how to weld and if i had the time/resources.....

Cheers

Chris

ill take some pics some time today and post them later on about how i got more air flow through the front,

cheers

its not causing any probs at the mo and i can definately feel a differance in he top end range, thanks 4 your comment anyway

ill take some pics some time today and post them later on about how i got more air flow through the front,

cheers

To get more air into my cold air box. i simply just neatly cut out the lines that run in the grill between and beside the headlights,

I know my air box works very well because even after very long and hard drives the actual filter element is still very very cool

to touch, and when i

clean my filter its full of bugs , dirt and bird feathers lol, and never gets wet. This is good a CAI tip :)

To get more air into my cold air box. i simply just neatly cut out the lines that run in the grill between and beside the headlights,

I know my air box works very well because even after very long and hard drives the actual filter element is still very very cool

to touch, and when i

clean my filter its full of bugs , dirt and bird feathers lol, and never gets wet. This is good a CAI tip :)

i done the same thing mate definately more airflow coming thru , ill take some pics anyway for others to look at

i done the same thing mate definately more airflow coming thru , ill take some pics anyway for others to look at

Sweet dude cheers. i would but ma cars in bits lol

Cheers

Chris

i drove around town cruising for 5 to 10 minutes pulled over lifted the hood cai box was cold then spent the same time on the open road did the same thing cai box was ice cold, only generates heat when sitting in traffic but i dont have that prob being in timaru and all