Sign in to follow this  
EVLBMA

PINK MY RIDE

Hey everyone. Never posted a pic of the car but here it is complete with the latest mod (pink sticker). A big thanks to Pitstop Newmarket and Frank Allen Tyres Quay St. for notifying the police :banghead:

post-495-1158559419_thumb.jpg

post-495-1158559534_thumb.jpg

post-495-1158559610_thumb.jpg

post-495-1158560349_thumb.jpg

lol took me a while to realise why it was pinkied...thought it was on bags ahah

So is the car legal or not ?

If not then I dont see what you have to complain about being shopped by Pitstop and the tyre place.

If its not safe get it off the road....end of story.

martyyn Posted Today, 09:25 PM

So is the car legal or not ?

If not then I dont see what you have to complain about being shopped by Pitstop and the tyre place.

If its not safe get it off the road....end of story.

Mate, are you serious? I don't considder the legality of customers cars any of their concern and calling the cops is as unprofessional as it gets.

We all know there are holes in the LTSA legislation and I'm sure there are more than a few ppl on this site who own cars that wouldn't be 100% legal. I'd be stoked if I'd saved any of you the piss around that comes with pink/green stickers.

For the record, it's lowered on professionaly compressed and re-tempered eibach springs which are captive and under load and it's had new shocks to match these.

There's some mint cars on this site and it's always better to see them on the road...

Guest Spargo

I don't considder the legality of customers cars any of their concern and calling the cops is as unprofessional as it gets.

For the record, it's lowered on professionaly compressed and re-tempered eibach springs which are captive and under load and it's had new shocks to match these.

I can undertand where you're coming from, but how do they know that your car is properly modified using proper springs and suitably modified shocks?

They give a wof or whatever to you, knowing that your car is unsafe (be it unsafe or not - in this case) they could be liable for criminal charges to be brought against them should something untoward happen. I'd say that was actually them just covering their asses - even if it was a little hasty on their part.

Good on ya for doing the lowering the right way, but you can understand that if you didn't know that it was on good springs, and matched shocks, it looks cut. Now, if you're below 100mm without a cert, you shouldn't be on the road in the first place.

And for the record, your car is a little low for my tastes, but it looks mint B)

If its certed, you have no problem, if its not, tough luck.

brrring brrring, i think thats for you....

If you have proof then I (and it looks like everyone else on here) will have no problem with what you have done, but you didnt mention any of this on your original post did you ?

If you dont have proof then my original comment stands.

I applaud ANYONE who shops someone for driving with an illegal car and as Spargo points out, if they let you back out on the road knowing its illegal then its their necks on the line aswell as yours, so good on them.

yeah, and whats the point of having a low as car for a daily driver on NZ roads.. honestly... you would probably tear off the front bumper from some bumps and scrape your underside.. and it would be ahassle everyday BEING REALLY CAUTIOUS as you dont hit anything with your snow plow front bumper..

my car s on stock srpings and i still maged to scrape the underside twice already since ive owned it

low as cars have no place on public roads only for the race course m8

Edited by Docile

BWAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA... oh man thats sweet, the shop toasted you.. man i havent heard of that for a while.

i used to love working in the mechanics shop doing warrents and raz0ring peoples mirror tints haha, massive slashes through them and the guys are like WTF ARE YOU DOING??!! "sorry mate, cant have em aye" *SLICE n DICE* haha man i still remember those good times : ) priceless.

did you winge to them? if so now they would be doing impressions in the shop haha

They must be playa haters from the East Si-ide....

Pull a drive-by on 'em and show those Niggas West is best!! Pop some caps in their asses!!

:lol:

yeah, and whats the point of having a low as car for a daily driver on NZ roads.. honestly... you would probably tear off the front bumper from some bumps and scrape your underside.. and it would be ahassle everyday BEING REALLY CAUTIOUS as you dont hit anything with your snow plow front bumper..

my car s on stock srpings and i still maged to scrape the underside twice already since ive owned it

low as cars have no place on public roads only for the race course m8

Thanks for your opinion. My advice would be don't drive like a retard. I've had no problems with front bumpers etc. Some of us apreciate good handling characteristics even if it does mean sacrificing a degree of daily drivability. All good if you like standard cars. Each to their own.

Jammaster James, I like the way you think :lol: Funniest thing I've seen on this site yet :thumb:

hey, do you have a cert? if you do then the cops shouldnt have been able to slap a pinky on it! i have had experiance with having these nasty little stickers, they are a right pain in the a**!!! i hope that you have gud luck getting it off! our car wasnt even dangerous we just took the back interior out coz we were putting in lightweight stuff and just happened to get pinged with none in, but vtnz were not going to let us get another warrent so we just ended up selling for parts, i hope you dont have the bad luck we did!!!

Can y'all educated crackers school me on da rules....

The front tip of my side skirt is bordering very near to 100mm from the ground

(maybe da reason is my tyres are a bit deflated?).... if the tip is too low is that grounds fo trouble wit the 5-0??

Also, the plastic sheilding under the car is hanging down ...from scrapage that occured prior to da lowering. If that hangs down below 100mm am I gonna be in deep?

I'm into pink as much as da next man (nahmean, 2 in da pink 1 in da stink... bowling ball styles) but this ***** doesn't want no pink sticker on his ride just cause haters being jealouz...

A bit hard to see, but check it down below:

Posted Image

i need a cert for my car to, although i have got a warrant with it at the height it is im pretty sure the lowest point of the car is under 100mm everythings safe just that its not certed yet cos im lazy. How much does it cost and wheres the best place in auckland to get a cert? i know i'll have to get one, one day...

The only thing they can ping you for, for being to low is if the CHASSIS is less than 100mm off the ground, your kit could be 1cm off the ground and they cnt do sh*t unless your chassis is less than 100 mm, they can only go by STRUCTURAL points, exhaust, motor, diff, kit etc cannot be taken into account when measuring the legality of a car.

I have had endless cops try to pink/green sticker me but you just gotta not be a pussy and show them whats up. If you know your car is legal then tell them, tell them to pull the ruler out their ass and get on their f**king knees and measure that sh*t. Get all the people outta your car before they do this though...

IN my opinion cops will do anything to get lowered cars off the road, show them whats up and stick up for yourself, argue with the pricks till they let you off, thats what i do.... and ive never had a sticker. FTP B)

Then again in saying that, i would do the same and rip any piece of crap car off the road IF it had choppies or was illegally modded. If you do it properly there is no problem. If its done illegally be prepared to pay. But in your case you should not have had any trouble (if 100mm chassis clearance is met)

Edited by sakdbma

Dam that sucks, I think i saw that car down in puaanui a while ago. It turned twice as many heads as the porsche parked next to it Very nice

Chris - not entirely correct. It is 100mm to any chassis OR any steering, braking or suspension component. Cops could argue that diff is suspension component. Also, the lowest point on the front of an e30 is the control arm bush, so if your car is very low, this is the point that will be below 100mm, and thus you have a suspension component below the threshold.

Springs must be direct replacements and not heated or cut. They ust be captive and maintain contact with the OEm spring seats at all times. There must be "sufficent" suspension travel for safe operation, and maintain "sufficient" clearance from unmodified bumstops when the vehicle is fully laden.

Whilst I am in the LVV manual: rims must not use spacers, must be made by a reputable wheel manufacturer, must be considered suitable for your vehicle by the WHEEL MANFACTURER, must not allow the tyre tread to extend outside body panels, and a maximum of 5% increase in rolling circumference and maximum of 25mm track width. This means the maximum tyre width for e30 is 220mm (or 215's as that is the standard size below the threshold).

Also, just to add to the mix. When you get a flatty while driving, the rim has to be the first thing to hit the ground.

So a car less than 100mm off the ground might not pass with standard rims on.

Springs must be direct replacements and not heated or cut

I am under the understanding that heated and compressed springs (done by a pro) are all ok?