Sign in to follow this  
ED1RTY

Suzuki Swift

Saw a bright yellow one this morning at manakau, looked f**king tough! had gunmetal deep dish wheels on it, lowered etc. Looked the business. How much did you pick yours up for new Andrew? If you dont mind me asking?

Guest Andrew

The bright yellow ones are all swift sports - "Champion Yellow"

I paid retail - $24990 - pretty cheap for what you get!

Yuh, that is pretty cheap.... What is the difference between 'Sport' version and standard?

Guest Andrew

In short - a lot - even the unibody is stronger

Powered by a longer stroke version of the twin overhead camshaft engine used in the 1.5-litre Swift hatchback, the 1.6 litre Sport comes with an upgraded suspension and larger diameter aluminium alloy wheels, plus unique bodywork and equipment changes inside and out.

Building on the strong qualities of the latest Swift, the Sport version is 23 per cent more powerful and its engine produces 11 per cent more torque than the 1.5 litre version which continues as the mainstream model.

The 16-valve, 1,586cm3 M16A engine was developed exclusively for the Swift Sport and runs on a compression ratio of 11.0 to 1.

With variable valve timing and electronic throttle control to maximise responsiveness, the lightweight engine with high-lift camshafts, develops 92 kW at 6,800 rpm and 148 Nm of torque at 4,800 rpm. The Sport’s rev counter red line of 6,800 rpm compares with 6,500 for the standard Swift.

The intake manifold is widened and the internal surfaces polished to enhance airflow while the oil jet cooled pistons are warm-forged or shot-peened for added strength.

A high capacity exhaust has been fitted to the Sport, with twin pipes that make a strong statement.

Despite the 200 km/h top speed and brisk 0 to 100 km/h time of 8.9 seconds, the Sport is surprisingly fuel-efficient.

any modifications you plan to make? Perhaps full race cage, buckets harnesses, fullt weight reduction and turbo could be a small start.

i have suggested doing targa in it. would actually be perfect.

Guest Andrew

FWD - There are a few turbo kits for it that bring it up to around 190 rwhp - it would be a weapon.

Not doing anything untill it's out of warantee though.

FWD - There are a few turbo kits for it that bring it up to around 190 rwhp - it would be a weapon.

sh*t thats a worry, you have to drive it backwards everywhere after you put a turbo on it!?!?!

Kewl little car btw!!

Where are the cheesy picks of you with it???

Just to be picky, I think you mean fwhp. Unless the turbo actually give you rear drive configuration instead of front.

Just a small detail.

I do like these little bastards, have been thinking about one for the Girlfriend. Going to get one as a test car for a few days to see it it suits.

Turbo'd one would be insane. Crazy little Jappers.

190whp of torque steer love

Just had my hair cut. My Hairdresser, bless her, just mentioned that she had bought none other than a new Swift GTi (red of course!). Reckons it is brilliant, much better than her old Ford Escape V6. There you are Andrew, you have the same car as my hairdresser. I bet that has made your day, mate!

I heard you were a joiner on the weekend, you change jobs like your pants it seems...

Hahahaha Classic.

He was the unjoiner on the weekend.

get a honda, thats what real hairdressers roll in