Sign in to follow this  
OLLIE

Car Registration Cost Inconsistency

The renewal of Motor Vehicle Licence Notice (MR1) that i was sent in the post says that i must pay $183.20 however when i went to pay it I had to pay $183.22. Has anyone else come across this inconsistency problem? i know my mum has but niether of us were explained why ....

Here is an email i sent LTNZ

Why on earth did i have to pay $183.22 for my registration online when the statement i was sent in the mail clearly says $183.20 ???

i am conpletely confused and almost disgusted at this lack of consistency and believe that I should only have to pay the amount printed on the statement that i recieved in the mail.

can somebody please explain to me what is going on because i've also heard of others facing the same problem when paying by cheque and it's just acceptable.

if this incongruity cannot be explained then i expect a full refund of my $0.02 and an appropriate apology.

I anticipate your response.

Yours Sincerely

Oliver McDermott

The stamp will cost over 20x the value of the refund! [assuming my snail mail]

Fight the bastards Ollie. I agree it's the principle of it, not the value.

Edited by cainchapman

My parking letter was better, if I do say so myself. But good luck. Do you have copies of the receipt and the original bill for $183.20? And if so, does the latter specify a cash price rather than an eftpos/credit card/cheque price?

No doubt you did your homework- but check everything, it would suck to get owned by a public servant!

hey mate, I had the exact same problem

LTSA says they can't resolve it for another 6 weeks or so. I got charged 4 cents extra.

Edited by DCEIVN

dude its 2c

who gives a f**k

Bro Exactly... Why don't you write a letter to the newspaper editor aswell if ya ain't got anything better to do :wacko:

hey if there is 1 million cars on the road and they all pay the extra 2c the govt are fleecing an xtra 10k out of the country...

id have an extra free 10k

Bahaha award for the biggest scrooge on BS lol nah sweetas agree with cain the principle, not the value

I had the same on my rego 2 days ago.

The LTNZ form simply didn't add up to the right total

If you add up the individual amounts, it comes to the correct figure.

I had the same: showed a total of $66.20, I paid $66.22, the individual amounts added to $66.22

But as someone said - it's only 2c !!

But as someone said - it's only 2c !!

3.8 million registered vehicles on NZ roads x 0.02 = $76000

thats a lot of opps sorries ... :D

Should be happy that someone's even interested in your two cents.......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry my Wigga, that joke was Wickety-Whickety Whack....Fo sho....

Should be happy that someone's even interested in your two cents.......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry my Wigga, that joke was Wickety-Whickety Whack....Fo sho....

nice

anyway the email in reply read...

Good morning Oliver

Thank you for your email dated 8 November 2006.

Due to the removal of the 5 cent coin we made changes to the our system to accommodate for Swedish rounding. Unfortunately, a recent print run of the Renewal of Motor Vehicle Licence (form MR1) were unable to be changed in time and were printed and posted with a total that was incorrect. We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.

The component breakdown on the MR1 is correct and has not changed and if you were to add the fee components, they would come to the correct total we are asking you to pay. $183.22 is the legislated 12 month license fee for the BMW 320I/4, plate number NOOB1 and we cannot issue a refund of 2 cents.

We do acknowledge that having an incorrect total printed on the MR1 has been a cause of great frustration and we sincerely apologise for this.

Kind regards

Email Response Team

Transport Registry Centre

Land Transport New Zealand

Ashley Street

PALMERSTON NORTH

FYI - was mostly doing this for the sh*t's and gigg's factor, i am not a scrooge, but merely wanted to highlight the MATTER OF PRINCIPLE - (low husky voice)

Just imagine the poor bastard writing that letter;

"I cant believe I have have to write sh*t letters like this to cheap assholes whinging about 2c.Stupid fcuking job.What a waste of my talent.And look at the wankers number plate.Mumble mumble....."

Shot Ollie That sh*t rules.