Sign in to follow this  
Shucks

Kimmie's 1984 528i

Heya,

I'm brand spanking new to this forum :unsure: . I thought I'd post a couple of pictures of my BMW, I brought this after selling my EVO 5 and I love it, it's a totally different feel driving it! As far as I am aware it was stripped back to a bare shell and rebuilt by SD European using parts from an M5, I bought it in it's current glory though, I have a few plans for it in the pipeline like a new E46 3l straight 6 engine out of a 330i with bolt on supercharger and 6 speed gear box, I miss having decent power but I don't want the jerky powerband of a turbo vehicle again so i heard this is the way to go, getting the kit tidied up, new paint and new wheels, the wheels will be on soon but the rest is depends on when I save the money hehe.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Kimmie

Welcome to the best bmw forum in Australasia! Mate that is pretty dam cool, normally im not a fan of new school mags on these cars but i think yours pulls it off :rolleyes:

LOVE the interior, and a really nice car as well! is this the one that was always parked by the Vector arena?

Damn i love white cars!!!! very nice welcome :D

I definitely second that! Looks very clean esp the interior. Not sure of the mags, but still all good!!

Will

Thanks for the wicked welcome.

Uhm I work in Manukau just off wiri station road so I'm not sure if this is the same car you see?

thats such a cool 5 dude! saw it on trade me a while back, should be a sweet car once its got the 3L in it!

hmmm you are right, on second thoughts the one by vector MAY be silver- but it is a tinted m kitted 528i with similar rims

I definitely second that! Looks very clean esp the interior. Not sure of the mags, but still all good!!

Will

Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of the wheels myself that's why they're going to be the first thing I change, they're curbed, a pain in the bum to clean, those aren't centre caps they're just stickers I stuck on to cover up the manky hole and the wheels have really bad casting marks all through them :wacko:

In saying this no-one will proberbly like the wheels i'm going to put on it as they're very modern and big, my current wheels are 19" and the new ones are 20", my work has just got in some new KMC wheels which I want to put on it to show off the wheels as a bit of advertising for the company:

Posted Image

Hey Kim

V. nice 5er and welcome! Sunds liek you've got some pretty badass plans there.. hehe.

We should form a "Girls" group now that we have what 5 girls on here...

Well done,

Emma.

hmmm you are right, on second thoughts the one by vector MAY be silver- but it is a tinted m kitted 528i with similar rims

They guy that owned it briefly before me was a builder so he may have been working at the stadium and he used it for a week while between company vehicles so this may have been him?

Hey Kim

V. nice 5er and welcome! Sunds liek you've got some pretty badass plans there.. hehe.

We should form a "Girls" group now that we have what 5 girls on here...

Well done,

Emma.

I was wondering if there were any females on here hehe, it's always good to meet females who're into cars, are down to earth and actually talk to you!!

Bring on the girls group I say.

Kimmie

my work has just got in some new KMC wheels which I want to put on it to show off the wheels as a bit of advertising for the company:

Posted Image

they can do some advertising on mine aswell if they want 2! heheheh

luv the dish! yip luv it luv it luv it - envious!

Guest Spargo

Yea same car that parked down by vector.

Very nice ride.

Bimmersport old skoolers, wtf at lack of leghumping!?!?! :lol:

Hey just noticed, that if your a really fussy person, the badges on the back ( M and the 528i ) are on the wrong way round.

Should look good on those new wheels :)

Edited by nz320i

Hey just noticed, that if your a really fussy person, the badges on the back ( M and the 528i ) are on the wrong way round.

Should look good on those new wheels :)

Yeah That's one badass e28.....

I like your new wheels too.

It's gonna be so stauch when you've finished your conversion...... What supercharger system will you be going with may I ask??

ooooh thanks for the tip on the badges, I'd never have picked that up, I'll get them swapped over when it gets painted - whenever that is hehe

I'm not sure about the supercharger yet, I've only just sort of started looking into it. I'm not sure weather to run a bolt on kit or a custom set up, do you have any recommendations? I see you can get some pretty impressive bolt on kits from the UK?

Yea, very nice car. Love the wheels on it, looks mean. the Leather M seats look great aswel. And pretty low, great job. Welcome to Bimmersport :D

Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of the wheels myself that's why they're going to be the first thing I change, they're curbed, a pain in the bum to clean, those aren't centre caps they're just stickers I stuck on to cover up the manky hole and the wheels have really bad casting marks all through them :wacko:

In saying this no-one will proberbly like the wheels i'm going to put on it as they're very modern and big, my current wheels are 19" and the new ones are 20", my work has just got in some new KMC wheels which I want to put on it to show off the wheels as a bit of advertising for the company:

Posted Image

I think those new wheels look really good! Hurry up and put them on.. :)

Will

ooooh thanks for the tip on the badges, I'd never have picked that up, I'll get them swapped over when it gets painted - whenever that is hehe

I'm not sure about the supercharger yet, I've only just sort of started looking into it. I'm not sure weather to run a bolt on kit or a custom set up, do you have any recommendations? I see you can get some pretty impressive bolt on kits from the UK?

Hmm yeah you could probably get away with a off the shelf bolt on setup as the e28 has a bigger engine bay. You may run into some clearance issues but probably won't be fark all to sort.

Hmm yeah you could probably get away with a off the shelf bolt on setup as the e28 has a bigger engine bay. You may run into some clearance issues but probably won't be fark all to sort.

Dinan or Active Autowerk in the states are probably who I'd use, Easily take the E46 330 to power levels exceeding an M3.

It'll be a 5 figure job though =]

Looking good - new wheels will be tough also.

For sam : A/S/L?! rofl