Sign in to follow this  
Nobimmer

BIG police bust,Mcdonalds Quay street

Fined for fogs? I cruzed right through the checkpoint about 8 times that night with fogs nice and bright and sub pumpin heavy in the back haha.

My mate was not so lucky in his sacked Honda. fined $1600 for having uncerted adjusties and some other bull sh*t. pink sticker the usual.

That was the bigest crack down Ive ever seen. looked like frozen spew.. i mean chosen few spent quite a few hours next to the docks in plumer st i think it is.

Mesage to all KEEP YOUR CAR LEGAL!! its so satisfying wen they cant find anything to do you on. If youre not doing anything wrong you can get cheeky with the cops haha. told him not to tuch the paint job because i just polished it. hehe should have seen the look on his face

What do you need a cert for??

car is below 100mm, all springs are captive and everything.. tried to pretend i didn't realise it needed a cert but they wouldn't buy it lol.. the guy checking the car was cool.. but the young guy writin the tickets was an ass wasn't so annoyed about being fined for not having a cert.. cos i've been waiting for that to happen for 12months.. just the fog lights hacked me off....

Car WAS legal.It was on compressed springs/shortened shocks in front and reset leave springs in the back.Front was all captive and rear was done legally apart from sitting on the bumpstops.Getting new bumpstops from a Toyota Hilux arse end to put in it,which are shorter bla bla.Not comfortable in any way at all but not my car so I dont care.Note car was a KE30 Corrolla.

My car is in every way legit :):)

Good on everyone who's keeping their cars legal and safe. Kudos where due!

Personally, I applaud the police for this action and long may it continue. Anyone who adheres to the law has nothing at all to worry about and those who don't deserve all they get.

I think people are more than a little sick and tired of:

1. illegal cars which are a hazard to other road users (permanently remove their cars)

2. cars (normally young males - we've all been there) speeding in residential areas

3. noisy boom boxes while parked in residential areas (how f**king annoying can you be?)

4. ridiculous accumulated fines, while law-abiding folk pay their fines instantly (permanently remove their cars)

5. burnouts in residential areas (permanently remove their cars)

6. ricers (laugh at them)

7. cars which would obviously fail a warrant, or are unregistered, unlicenced, uninsured etc (permanently remove their cars)

I think we'd all like to see:

1. Well modded cars which are a credit to the owners

2. modded cars on public display in the city once a month (great for sharing ideas too)

3. courtesy for other road-users

4. courtesy in general

4. keeping music levels to a non-stupid level - more courtesy.

Why is it that those with the worst taste in music seem to want to share it with the most people????

Rog

Car WAS legal.It was on compressed springs/shortened shocks in front and reset leave springs in the back.Front was all captive and rear was done legally apart from sitting on the bumpstops.Getting new bumpstops from a Toyota Hilux arse end to put in it,which are shorter bla bla.Not comfortable in any way at all but not my car so I dont care.Note car was a KE30 Corrolla.

My car is in every way legit :):)

Can someone please clear it up for me.....is riding on bumpstops legal or not ?

Can someone please clear it up for me.....is riding on bumpstops legal or not ?

You have to have a minimum of 50mm suspension travel. Riding on Bumpstops is illegal.

I also believe that you must have a minimum height of 50mm for the bumpstop.

Good on everyone who's keeping their cars legal and safe. Kudos where due!

Personally, I applaud the police for this action and long may it continue. Anyone who adheres to the law has nothing at all to worry about and those who don't deserve all they get.

I think people are more than a little sick and tired of:

1. illegal cars which are a hazard to other road users (permanently remove their cars)

2. cars (normally young males - we've all been there) speeding in residential areas

3. noisy boom boxes while parked in residential areas (how f**king annoying can you be?)

4. ridiculous accumulated fines, while law-abiding folk pay their fines instantly (permanently remove their cars)

5. burnouts in residential areas (permanently remove their cars)

6. ricers (laugh at them)

7. cars which would obviously fail a warrant, or are unregistered, unlicenced, uninsured etc (permanently remove their cars)

I think we'd all like to see:

1. Well modded cars which are a credit to the owners

2. modded cars on public display in the city once a month (great for sharing ideas too)

3. courtesy for other road-users

4. courtesy in general

4. keeping music levels to a non-stupid level - more courtesy.

Why is it that those with the worst taste in music seem to want to share it with the most people????

Rog

I'm all for crackdowns. What's the point of having a law and no enforcement. Ping them for all its worth and make the roads safer. I think if the fine cannot be paid in 6 months, then the car is repo'ed and sold off.

I also think places that pass WOF's on cars which have shitty exhausts must be fined or have their license revoked.

Big ups to the cops for the smackdown :)

Nothing has changed over the years with cars, Except the quality has got better.

When I was younger......ish, I had witnessed some of the worst engineering nightmares ever!

332ci FE big-block ford V8 into a 100E anglia [with 9" drum brakes],

Rambler V8 with the sump sitting on the crossmember of a MK3 Cortina [ front driveshaft yoke at a 35degree angle] etc

Permitting allows you to modify the car within a higher engineering standard [like a WOF,if it's permitted it's allowed]

Why spend $3k to $30k on mods, and try and save $300 on a permit?

Face it "BLACKBMA" if your car was permitted and on the bumpstops, Then the permit was dodgy or you altered it after the permit.

Another thing I've observed over the years is: For every nice/proper modified car out there, there will be dozens of "hangers-on" or "wannabe's" with unfinished or illegal pieces of sh*t trying to impress the "Real Car People"

Just get your car legal, then you won't get harassed as much [harassment is a minor price for freedom and individualism]

Harassment is also a by-product of stereotyping, Why [because most of the times these cars are illegal]

Yea i was driving through town on both friday and saturday night. Went through checkpoints both nights and got pulled up on Sat night, but had no problems. Which was suprising seen as my car was on bumpstops because i had 5 people in the car. But the cop was all good and just told me to have a good night. lol

This is why it's hard to take the cops seriously. They are by no means consistant in their policing of the laws. One cop says no the other says yes???? WTF?

Edited by TronSpec

I have no problem with getting a ticket for a not legal car,MY car is legal and that's all that matters to me.Wasn't my car so couldn't give a rats.Riding on bumpstops is illegal,took the car to GR Engineering and they are making new ones for him for just the cost of the materials.Also Kerry,he got a WOF from a VTNZ station as it is.They passed it with no horn and no windscreen wiper squirter things.Haven't changed it since he got the Wof 2 months ago.

Agree with Gary though,Cops are incredibly inconsistent,which seems good in a way but gotta suck if you're the one who gets a pinky while the riced Honda parked next to you that has mirror tints doesn't..

If your car had a Legal Cert & WOF you can use this for your defence [as long as the vehicle wasn't tampered with]

The Bumpstops are an easy issue to fix, but getting incriminated by the negligence of other authorities [VTNZ] is a different matter. You'll have to 'point the finger' at them to get out of this one.

You can defend yourself in writing, but:

1: use facts [not emotion]

2: get your statement notorised [witnessed] by a JP or at the courthouse

Remember you will still have to make your car legal, regardless of who is to blame

Years ago I had a similar situation, I had a cop order my car home because of excessive noise. Which I ignored, and pissed off the Cop. The Car was a stock standard Charger R/T E38 Bathhurst Car [the exhausts had factory part numbers on it] There was no decibel reading back then, so noise levels were up to the discretion of the RedNeck Cop!

Nowadays with permits etc,you actually have 'rights' under the law

Yeh we said that,and he checked the number of the VTNZ station on the records and he said that they've never had any problems with it.Can't be bothered with letters,tried a few times and never worked!

Yeh we said that,and he checked the number of the VTNZ station on the records and he said that they've never had any problems with it.Can't be bothered with letters,tried a few times and never worked!

Write a letter straight to LTSA complaining [they'll suspend the issuers licence, and you can seek compensation]

Or take it back and get another WOF [you then let the opinions of 2 diferent authorities go head to head]

Woo,wicked start to the weekend,Friday night just as the mcdonalds in town starts to get packed,a f**Kload of cops come and block off all entrances to do some intense checking of cars.Went round EVERY single car there,jacked it up check for spring captiveness etc etc.We waited about 2 and a half hours to be checked,trying to avoid it if possible,but in the end went home with a green sticker for having car sitting on bumpstops and having no suspension travel...was all captive etc just too low <_< ,200 dollar fine and had to drive home at no more than 50kmh,which was really fun bahaha.

sh*t load of old school cars got pinkied for no certs,6-7 cars got towed,looked to be a few angry people.Meh should have a legal car!

On the way back,see that the road next to the gas station by the water front has all been closed and all the Chosen few dudes were being checked.

Anyone else in town last night?Only bimmers I saw were a few pimp ones,L0WVIP etc etc.

badass,

I was cruising round auckland both friday and saturday night, often in convoy with a bit of j-tin.

badass weekend, got videoed, pxtd, pics taken, many compliments, and a couple of shitheads bowing down to me 'waynes world' stlye. crack up as

didn't get any grief form the cops, even though I was blaring the godfather horms at every one I saw.

only grief we got, which was actually hilarious, was some jumped up maori chick who thought we were undercover cops coz she heard the scanner which we had going for entertainment...

my car is pretty low now too, it's legitly done by myself, and I never got grief at all... went through the checkpoint they had set up on the raod along by that mobil etc and only got stopped once to breath test me.

if you're legit you wont get grief. I've been in my own cars the last two years and not got any hint of trouble.

we were parked in the carpark which the following pics hows, and there was a 96ish merc with no springs (we knew coz the knob jockey yelled out at us "f**kin' no springs boe!!!"

he drove off down the road, exhaust/chassis throwing sparks....2 minutes later he was ona tow truk.... how guys like that think that's even worth bothering to do is beyond me....

anyway, here's my sh*t. dunno if anyone saw me out or not

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/3420/p1...07mediumtf7.jpg

Edited by CaM

Yea man i saw you in town haha, i remeber being really wasted and buzzing out at your moonhubs. So badass :D

Doubt it. You don't have any so it doesn't matter. Now get back to work and stop using taxpayers money for bimmersport time!

Or I'll have to punish you when I get home :ph34r:

Will they do you for your rear spotlights on while driving?

Who knows whether they will or not. But the definitely can ticket you for this infringement.

Doubt it. You don't have any so it doesn't matter. Now get back to work and stop using taxpayers money for bimmersport time!

First Class Spanking We Assume! Hahahaha!

haha but you do.

what kind of punishment???

heh, cars all certed now :) it flew through now just to wait for the cert plate to come from wellington.. and next time i get pulled over by the popo they can have fun finding things to do me for....

what di your cert cost all up in the end?