Sign in to follow this  
bravo

FS: 1990 e30 South African 325i x2

I have two 1990 South African 325i e30's. One was always going to be for sale and I just got a new WOF on it today, so it's under the hammer, but after talking to will and having a think, my main e30 is going to cost me a lot to turn it into what I have in mind, so I'm selling it to look for a better base.

Its in pretty good nick.

Car One - "Rampant"

Specs:

1990 South African 325i 4-door 200,000kms

2500cc 6cyl

Manual 5-spd Getrag 260 w/ z3 short shift and new clutch - (see maintenance below)

17 Momo's with brand new tyres on rear.

All usual SA extras including sump guard and long-range fuel tank.

Leather interior in excellent condition (nicest e30 leather I've seen)

Sunroof (working, no rust, no leaks)

OBC (working)

Aircon (working)

Cruise Control (working)

K&N panel filter in stock air box.

Smoked tails, side and front repeaters. Ellipsoid Headlights, working fogs with no cracks.

5-star Dynatron Alarm with keyless entry and "presence sensor" immobilisers. It knows when the alarm fob is near the ignition and disables the immobiliser so you don't have to press the button just before you start it like the 4-star alarm

JVC CD headunit to X-device/Caliber 4ch amp (this is a nice higher-end amp - makes your Sony sh*t look and sound like crap)

2ch bridged into Pioneer W-306C 12" sub (only 2 yrs old) in a custom boot install correctly designed to make the most out of this sub.

2ch powering front Infinity Reference 6000 6.5" components fronts. Woofers mounted in kicks, tweets in A-pillars. JVC 6.5" 2-way speakers running off heady in rear parcel tray.

Sounds mint and loud enough without sacrificing sound quality. Recently I have noticed a slight alternator whine in the system probably caused by a ground loop at the amp. Any decent sound installer could fix for an hours labour or if you know car audio fix it yourself.

Recent Maintenance (within the last 9 months):

BRAND NEW WOF

New gearbox and clutch fluid and brand new Luk Clutch and z3 short shifter, new slave cylinder, new rubber clutch lines. (I recently converted it to manual, hence all new parts)

New Engine and gearbox mounts.

Lowered as low as legal without requiring a cert. Done properly with Bilstein Sport shocks (off an M325i).

New cambelt 3000kms ago - included new camshaft seal, coolant flush, new water pump and coolant.

Serviced steering rack and new front lower ball joints.

New brake pads and machined front rotors.

All sort of other little bits and pieces - this was going to be my long-term ride, but I now have bigger plans and so I've decided I have to bite the bullet and write-off all the maintenance I spent as it is not a suitable donor for what I plan to do.

Issues:

Numerous small paint chips. Small patch of different shade of black on bonnet at the leading edge passengers side (I suspect someone tried to touch-up the paint and made a poor colour match as there is no evidence of crash repairs. Motor smokes a little on start-up. Most likely worn valve guides. Up to you if you want to spend the money fixing it up. Uses bugger-all oil and does not affect running or performance.

I am being extremely honest with this sale as I hope another bimersporter will buy this car knowing it is an honest car and will carry on what I have started. It is a very nice car that has been meticulously maintained withonly very minor issues and is priced accordingly. Please no dreamers or tyre kickers - what you see is what you get.

NO LONGER FOR SALE

Edited by bravo

Pics:

Interior pic is from when it was auto - now manual.

post-339-1171248320_thumb.jpg

post-339-1171248339_thumb.jpg

post-339-1171248360_thumb.jpg

post-339-1171248366_thumb.jpg

post-339-1171308765_thumb.jpg

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

I can vouch for this car - mintest interior i've ever seen.

Second Car - Same as above, but stock as a rock

SOLD

Edited by bravo

hi there would you consider delivering to chch if i paid for your expenses? also do you have any newer pics of it as a manual?

Hey man that looks like a mint car. Where abouts are you based? Im in Auckland and would be keen to have a look

Graham lives just out of Kerikeri.

hi there would you consider delivering to chch if i paid for your expenses? also do you have any newer pics of it as a manual?

No problem re delivery - If you covered the actual transport costs I'd happily deliver it to a transport co. and ship it to you, or if you covered gas and transport back up north I'd happily drive it down for you. Exterior pics are new enough - car looks exactly like that. Interior pic of manual - will do tonight.

Hey man that looks like a mint car. Where abouts are you based? Im in Auckland and would be keen to have a look

As will says, just north of kerikeri. Come up for the northland meet and have a look. Other wise would meet a serious buyer in Whangarei.

Note: Forgot to mention in first post. Both cars come as standard with both front and rear anti-sway bars. Car one "rampant" also has 5-star Dynatron Alarm with keyless entry and "presence sensor" immobilisers. It knows when the alarm fob is near the ignition and disables the immobiliser so you don't have to press the button just before you start it like the 4-star alarm.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

Aagh If I could just sell this darn Mk2 Golf GTI 16V....

dam! if i hadnt just brought my 325 i would buy either one of those like straight away. Good luck with the sales.

Consider it done. Just having minor computer issues at home where the pics are. Managed to fix late last night so should have pics tomorrow.

Second Car pics are up. Extra pics available. Have emailed you eddy. Interior pic of black one to come. Sorry about the delay, but no internet at home so takes a bit of organisation to suss things.

Second Car pics are up. Extra pics available. Have emailed you eddy. Interior pic of black one to come. Sorry about the delay, but no internet at home so takes a bit of organisation to suss things.

pick fo the gti !

always wanted one !

is it fuel injected or carbed ?

single or twincam ?

Keeping Rampant now I think.

Other car - SOLD

Edited by bravo

Keep Rampant man.. Old trusty bro no where it's being and where it's gonna go