Sign in to follow this  
jrgb

UPLOADING IMAGES

How the hell do you attach images to your posting? I've tried many times and it just doesn't work for me! I think I'm doing all the obvious things ... click on 'Insert Image' ... Browse and select 120 - 130kb jpeg ... click the UPLOAD button ... but nothing ever happens!

I thought I was reasonably smart when it came to uploading images to sites etc, but now I'm starting to question my own intelligence!! HELP.

Edited by John B

Final step; Above the attachment part, there is a drop down menu which you click the images you want to show.

i can never load pics on either. It always just says "loading" and it never stops. no mater how small the pic is.

i can never load pics on either. It always just says "loading" and it never stops. no mater how small the pic is.

That's exactly the problem I have ... the message simply says "LOADING" forever! And I too optimise my images for the site!! Or sometimes the "LOADING" message finishes, but there is nothing in the "Manage Current Attachments" drop down.

HELP! John.

Try uploading the image from your browser to the net to an image hosting site and uploading it to BS through URL.

www.xs.to is pretty good, simple to use and best of all its free. Hope that helps

ditto! i use firefox

I am using firefox also v2.0.0.2 no probs at all.

I find that if I start to upload and image and continue browsing other sites in another tab in firefox (not sure about other windows) it doesn't upload, but it usually goes pretty fast for me when I do try to upload pic's.

Try the "insert image"above text area rather than the attachment.

Works for me.

I am using Explorer and am on jetstream. No problems but only try to upload .jpeg files, some pretty big, approaching the 2mb limit.

I also use the attach image button if I want to paste images into specific points in the text. I use pcoodle for this..

Will

What OS/Browsers?

OS : Windows XP Professional, Version 5.1.2600, Service Pack 2.

BROWSER : Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11

CONNECTION : Jetstream

B)-->

QUOTE(John B @ Feb 27 2007, 04:18 AM) 112699[/snapback]
OS : Windows XP Professional, Version 5.1.2600, Service Pack 2.

BROWSER : Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11

CONNECTION : Jetstream

Thats all good -

Photos need to be JPEG in RGB/8 or 10 bit - size is unlimited - but keep them under 1 MB please.