Sign in to follow this  
B.AMAZD

Angel Eyes e36!!

Hi imported one pair staright from germany... costed me NZ$250 delivered/ installed myself... very easy to do it.. takes about an hour... and is mean bright even during the day. i ahve connected to my ignition so that its always on.. and even in the sun you can see it clear... pics to come soon.. joined this site couple of days ago only

Hi imported one pair staright from germany... costed me NZ$250 delivered/ installed myself... very easy to do it.. takes about an hour... and is mean bright even during the day. i ahve connected to my ignition so that its always on.. and even in the sun you can see it clear... pics to come soon.. joined this site couple of days ago only

Mint. What site did you buy it from? [EBay?]

hey guys... here is the pic finally... these angels i installed myself at home... imported straight from germany...costed $250 all up.... i have a uncle there so he bought from somewhere and sent here in NZ

post-2204-1187486002_thumb.jpg

Edited by EQUIPD

hey guys... here is the pic finally... these angels i installed myself at home... imported straight from germany...costed $250 all up.... i have a uncle there so he bought from somewhere and sent here in NZ

Look mint. Could you ask your uncle if the place has a website?

Hi all. Hey is there anyone on here whos from around the south Auckland area that can install a set of the CCEL Angel eyes for an E36, 328i? I would attempt to try do it myself, but would be better if someone who knows what they are doing could help..

Edited by EVLBMW

Hey guys...

Heard there are two types of Angel eyes DIY kits you can get...

one for $150 from trade me i think and the other one is $350...

Heard the $350 is much better quality and i'd rather get that

do you know where i can get the $350 light set and where and who can install it for me - how much would the installation cost be??? any idea...

thanks guyz

I bought the $150 set from a trademe user called tommy0214 , they dont look bad at all,havnt had a problem with them and really bright too. Install cost me about $100, but in all honestly, after watching the guy do it, its easy enough to do yourself.

I bought the $150 set from a trademe user called tommy0214 , they dont look bad at all,havnt had a problem with them and really bright too. Install cost me about $100, but in all honestly, after watching the guy do it, its easy enough to do yourself.

Do you have any pics of the 150 buck angel eyes on the car? Keen to see what they look like.

Do you have any pics of the 150 buck angel eyes on the car? Keen to see what they look like.

I snapped a few shots this morning, will try get some at night and post them.

This is the lights installed on the car, but turned off

Close up, Turned off

This is them turned on during the day, bit hard to see from photo, but they are noticable during the day time!

Hope this helps.

Great! Thanks for taking the pics.

Would you recommend them? Do they look fairly close to the real thing? Do they stand out at night?

Cheers

Brett

yeah personaly i would recommend them. As far as i understand they are noticeable compaired to the origionals, they have more of an aftermarket look.

The origional type ones of have seen have a yellow colour to them and are built into the light itself.

These definatly stand out at night!

hey,

im looking for new head lights, and just wondering if you can get full black ones? if not do the one pices, look any good or abit crap and nasty.

Would i be best buying the head lights then buying some black front cators?

Regards

the one piece on trademe that are made in taiwan look cheap and nasty, you should get some dde halos and stick them on your orginal headlights and get sum night spray and slighty tint the glass would look sik ill post up a pic of what i mean soon

the one piece on trademe that are made in taiwan look cheap and nasty.

They don't fit either, leave gaps either side.

the one piece on trademe that are made in taiwan look cheap and nasty, you should get some dde halos and stick them on your orginal headlights and get sum night spray and slighty tint the glass would look sik ill post up a pic of what i mean soon

okay sweet as, where do you get them dde halo sticks, any one be able to help me with that??

i got mine off entscheidend, hes a member of the form im not sure if hes still selling them but he might me able to help you out

yeah personaly i would recommend them. As far as i understand they are noticeable compaired to the origionals, they have more of an aftermarket look.

The origional type ones of have seen have a yellow colour to them and are built into the light itself.

These definatly stand out at night!

The ones that are installed on my car have a photo-diode type system, light from a bulb shines through a photo diode and sends it to the angel eyes, easy to change the colour of the eyes by intercepting the the diode with some cellophane etc.

I also bought a pair of these from the same guy a while back, I definitely recommend them and have had no issues at all (been about 6 months or so). Installation was fairly simple, there are numerous tutorials on the web so I did the fitting myself and got the wiring done professionally (although thats probably not that hard either).

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2366...mp;id=565870758

We even managed to get them cheaper because I ordered 3 sets off him.

I am actually keen to order a second pair (planning to upgrade soon) so if we can get a few of us that are interested I will flick him an e-mail and see if he has any left.

The ones that are installed on my car have a photo-diode type system, light from a bulb shines through a photo diode and sends it to the angel eyes, easy to change the colour of the eyes by intercepting the the diode with some cellophane etc.

Greg, yours sounds like it uses fibre optics, same as the E39.

Not sure? Theres a little box on either side of the engine bay where the diodes are housed.