Sign in to follow this  
crazyarab

WTB: E30 M-Tech 2 Steering Wheel

So far all options have been pointing over seas... surely someone has one of these they want to pass on?

Sit tight, trawl Trademe and eBay in the States and Germany non-stop and be sure to have cash ready so you can pounce when one pops up! Good luck!

that makes two of us if anyone comes across one for sale could you let me know thanks!

Out of curiosity what would one expect to pay for one of these?? and would they fit onto an E34??

Reason I ask is I gave one to a friend (or rather had one taken out of one of my E34's while I was away on holiday). I hate his car everytime I see his nice steering wheel.

$200 ? I've seen the odd one on trademe..

$200 is a steal... they are worth $740+GST brand new from BMW!

And yes, would definitely be keen on a bulk buy if someone has a good source.

Edited by crazyarab

sold my tech 2 steering wheel for $250 not to long ago when i needed cash.

I dont think $200 is a steal, over the years Ive seen plenty go for less. Just a case of being in the right place at the right time.

I keep finding myself checking e30's parked on the street in case I see one, so I can leave a note offering to buy it !

yes e28 , e30 e34 , e32 all use the same wheel type .

i have a e36 one but different spline .

also have a swade one from a e34/e30 etc

Can you put up a pic of the suede one for e30 please??

^^^^ back of the queue old man....

Here's my understanding of it all.

There are two sizes of tech II wheel. The 385mm one from an e34 and e32 and the 370mm one from an e30.

As far as Im aware neither fit an e28 without some modification to the e28 steering column, but of course I could be wrong. The 370mm one can only fit an e30....again I could be wrong but thats what Ive always thought to be the case.

Now I want an 370mm one for an e30, because my tech I wheel is already 385mm and because Im such a lanky b4stard my hands hit my legs when driving so I want the smaller diameter wheel.

Whats the e30 suede one you have Brent ?

Edited by Penry

Can you put up a pic of the suede one for e30 please??

Shotgun 1st if it's for sale :P!

E28 changed the spline in 1985, all wheels after that date will fit the E30, before that they had a coarser spline and don't fit.

www.c3bmw.co.uk for all your E30 treats. That said I skipped freight with a suitcase

E28 changed the spline in 1985, all wheels after that date will fit the E30, before that they had a coarser spline and don't fit.

thats correct . later e28 /e24/e23 had the fine spline same as e30 . e34 ,e32 e31 etc

If I get enough interest I can probably get a pretty sharp deal one some brand new ones. Wont be anything near the $200 thats been discussed.. But then again,they will be brand new.

If I get enough interest I can probably get a pretty sharp deal one some brand new ones. Wont be anything near the $200 thats been discussed.. But then again,they will be brand new.

Keep us posted :)

Final Prices = $626 including gst.. a good saving on the quoted $740+GST ($832.50)

Let me know if there is any interest.

Final Prices = $626 including gst.. a good saving on the quoted $740+GST ($832.50)

Let me know if there is any interest.

Suede options available?

Just rung my guy and hes going to do some research and get back to me

$200 is a steal, if they sell for less than that, then the owner doesn't know what he's selling.

I just so happen to have found such an owner today, I offered him $100+ my Tech-1 and he was over the moon, he said yes but I felt bad taking it off him and his factory car and told him to hold onto it... Dam you conscience.

I just so happen to have found such an owner today, I offered him $100+ my Tech-1 and he was over the moon, he said yes but I felt bad taking it off him and his factory car and told him to hold onto it... Dam you conscience.

Whats his number :P