Sign in to follow this  
cliffdunedin

Petrol Economy!

Ford Mondeo Diesel Stationwagon.

Awesome Car

Did you actually read what you wrote, Clarkson would be in fits of laughter :P:lol:

Did you actually read what you wrote, Clarkson would be in fits of laughter :P:lol:

Yes. Not all of us just speil pointless crap all over this forum without reading it.

For the purpose of the car, It rates in my books as an awesome car and I personally don't worry what Clarkson thinks.

And Clarkson likes Jaguars :ph34r: ....enough said

I get around 450km on a tank of gas (60L) = 7.5km per Litre in the "little girls" car..... about 350km if driven aggressively

The E34 normally does about 13L/100Km around town with a lot of stopping and going. Open road the missus can get it down to about 9.5, whereas my best is only 10.5! Different driving styles huh :rolleyes:.

Would love to get 13L around town. Im currently sitting on 15L around town but alot of short trips and stop start driving. Drove up to Hanmer the other weekend and got 7.9L on they way up and 8.5L on they way back.

E30 325 manual = 13.9 per 100

E92 335i auto = 10 per 100

E90 M3 manual = 13.8 per 100

25L/100Km WAY too easily around town

12L/100Km conservative driving pure motorway

14L/100Km normal motorway driving

35L/100Km Gunning it around town setting off alarms

M70 850i

As far as I know, those figures are actually normal

My old 2001 Skyline 300GT (V6 262hp RWD) gets around 1100Km from 70L on open roads with many passes and

several spirited stints. With very conservative driving, I've gotten the car from Auckland to Wellington AND back with 1 very full tank.

Edited by zara

Yes. Not all of us just speil pointless crap all over this forum without reading it.

For the purpose of the car, It rates in my books as an awesome car and I personally don't worry what Clarkson thinks.

And Clarkson likes Jaguars :ph34r: ....enough said

God guys, can you not take a joke!!! :lol:

i wonder how that sarcasm emoticon is coming along ;)

My old 2001 Skyline 300GT (V6 262hp RWD) gets around 1100Km from 60L on open roads with many passes and

several spirited stints. With very conservative driving, I've gotten the car from Auckland to Wellington AND back with 1 very full tank.

Those are crazy stats B)

The whole stories unbeliveable really.... or are we missing something ?

Full tank in the 328 gets me about 350ks around town, but in saying that I don't grandad it.

After the tune up i'm getting 15L/100km (400km per tank) and that's constant foot to the floor city driving.

I used to only make 370km per tank driving like a nana.

95% of BMW and most euro cars in general, with a few exceptions should return 500-550km on a tank full of gas... a Euro standard with the exception of diesels & special vehicles. This is based on driving the vehicle scencibly... if your outside this range, it maybe you have a problem. Modified vehicles will obviously be outside this standard.

95% of BMW and most euro cars in general, with a few exceptions should return 500-550km on a tank full of gas... a Euro standard with the exception of diesels & special vehicles. This is based on driving the vehicle scencibly... if your outside this range, it maybe you have a problem. Modified vehicles will obviously be outside this standard.

How far back does this go? I have a 1977 Ford Cortina (british car ;) ) and it struggles to manage 400km from a tank (55L!!). I don't know enough about older cars to be able to figure out if it's just the lack of an overdrive gear (4-speed box) thats causing such terrible economy, or if its normal in older cars, or if there is something wrong!

Makes my BMW look like a saint :lol:

I've also heard a rumour... but I haven't tried it myself.... If you drive on the motorway at 200kph, you get a couple of red & blue flashing lights (I think they're LED's) in your rear view mirror... then all of a sudden your fuel consumption goes down to "0" in fact it normaly stays at "0" for at leat 28 days... sometimes alot longer. Must be a special BMW design factor for Autobahn driving to save long distant travellers money. :P

Edited by *Glenn*

I don't think LEDs were invented in 85' haha!

I don't think LEDs were invented in 85' haha!

I did say "special"... could be experimental :P

I did say "special"... could be experimental :P

well my fuel light came on when i got to 140kmh but i don't think that's anything special :)

will go for a regular tune-up this monday. i hope it will help my thirsty E36 316i consume/save fuel.. hope it will improve my 16L/100Km.. :mellow:

that is very average for a 316 lol. must be something wrong.

that is very average for a 316 lol. must be something wrong.

its a 1.6liter engine, so i must get around 10-11L/100...

Don't forget about the power to weight ratio... 1.6L engine with a heavyish chassis i think.. thats why my 320i gets bout the same or even less than 323i 325i 328i's.... im doing aprox... 14L/100km in stop start driving roughly 5km at a time... but im sure u should be closer to 10-12 per 100km depending on how ur driving

Edited by Brenton

Don't forget about the power to weight ratio... 1.6L engine with a heavyish chassis i think.. thats why my 320i gets bout the same or even less than 323i 325i 328i's.... im doing aprox... 14L/100km in stop start driving roughly 5km at a time... but im sure u should be closer to 10-12 per 100km depending on how ur driving

ummm mine is a 3.16i E36 Compact with stock rims and tires are on average..