Sign in to follow this  
cliffdunedin

Petrol Economy!

Can confirm my last tank of gas i got 59.6L and 607km so better than 10L/100km in a manual 328i with auto diff and not trying for a fuel mileage record by any stretch of the imagination.

9.5l/100km on the M50B25'd E30, mostly highway driving with a 3.64 diff. Think I could crack 9 easily with a less heavy foot.

my old original e28 m535i engine with tall 3.07 diff 9L per 100km open road and 12L per 100km around town etc

my 328i coupe 5spd 3.15 diff about that same

my 328i touring about the same if not a little bit better due being a nz new with ZF auto and 3.07 diff

e28 with 3.65L M5 engine 3.73diff 12-14.5 per 100km or more

e34 530i with 4.4L v8 with 5spd manual 3.15 diff 13.5L open road and about 16L town , its really sucking it up , but hopefully will be better after a remap as i am running the M62B44 engine on a 4L M60 ecu set up so not ideal

( a bit lean at cruise speed so you have to put the foot in more to keep at a constant speed)

yea I could probably get way better figures if I nana'd the car and didn't drive in traffic or through towns / cities

heading up to Auckland for Big Day Out, so will be interesting to track the open road economy

e39 540 = $140 per week @ about 350-400ks from an 80ltr tank for BP Ultimate/Mobil 8000 per week and a nice round economy of 15.9 per 100k

nuts? not really .. I sit in town traffic all week. And I drive like a nanna.

Its all about where and how you drive

My little m40 e36 gets 128km from $20 gas being 91, has afew mods done the best helps have been dumping the auto and ive fitted an apexi AFC and upped the fuel presure to get a better spray pattern.

Now my e34...........cant say i care what it gets its too much fun to worry about economy :lol:

We took 2 cars away to Twizel over Xmas/NY's and the 318 (fully loaded) got 680km's out of a full tank before the light came on but the CLK 430 ate the gas, 2 and 1/4 tanks (approx 60 litres a tank)...not to mention V-power cost $2.15 a litre in Twizel :huh:

Edited by cliffdunedin

I'm fastidious about logging fuel usage, over the past 4 months with my STi I'm doing 11.15l/100km.....no matter how I drive. Lol. Quite good for a Turbo 4wd I thought. About the same as our old 328i around town!

Sure do miss the touring! Was doing 7.9l/100km when I had it and I drove it reasonably hard everywhere!

Out of interest what are 3.0L m3 owners getting for fuel consumption?

I don't have a M3 but still a 3 litre. My consumption is in my signature.

Approx 11.1 litre/100km, very similar to a e46 318Ti I had couple of years ago. Better than my e36 323i by around 1 litre. They all had similar usage pattern and driving style.

filled up last night ..completely round town figures short runs,2.3.4 people etc etc 688k for 47 l ,6.88 l/100 k,14.5 km/l,41 mpg

Edited by kiwi535

My E36 318i seems to get 8l/100km open road or 10-12l/100kms city....

I was quite disappointed with that actually as my previous 1.8L mazda pulled 8.4l/100 city easily

My E36 318i seems to get 8l/100km open road or 10-12l/100kms city....

I was quite disappointed with that actually as my previous 1.8L mazda pulled 8.4l/100 city easily

an e36 will weigh quite a bit more than a Mazda 1.8

Drove the old man's X5 3.0d to Hamilton and back on Thursday.

Got 7.3l/100km. I was trying pretty hard.

Edited by kingkarl

$73 V-power..Filled from half a tank... got 300kms 96 4.4 540i..good mix of open road and town

14 to 15L/100km in the M3 around the city. Haven't paid much attention to open road driving, but I think that's around 7-9L/100km.

I'm getting between 10 & 12 ltrs/100kms.

This is a big improvement since I got the manual (and I still run a 3.64 diff.

The reason it is an improvement on the Jatco is that box was buggered and the poor engine was working it's ring out just to get going.

Thank god for manual conversions.

Muahaha.. My holiday over Christmas/New years.. Auckland - Shipwreck Bay area(via Dargaville/Opononi) - round trip of 750km.. I filled the Dirty Dozen 4 times. (60-70litres of the highest octane available at each fill).

And then there were the toys to fill aswell.. close to $1500 in Petrol in 8 days..

Was it worth it?? HELL YES can't wait for Anniversary weekend to do it all over again..

I love threads about people saving gas - keep doing it.

The more people save gas, the more I can use. Life is good.

I love threads about people saving gas - keep doing it.

The more people save gas, the more I can use. Life is good.

Then I'm you're new best friend.....I walk everywhere. I believe I've driven 1.5km in the last 2 weeks.

My fuel spend is about $10 a month.

Also a bog standard BMW should be getting ROUGHLY 500km to the tank, depending on how heavy your

foot is and how much you ride the brake.

my OBC reckons an averate of 14L/100km.

haha, I just checked mine.....15.9 for around auckland driving.....get about 30 on the track...

9.8 Combined average, I have been doing alot of towing and around town work though :( Not as good as the wifes 4.8 per 100km!

I was driving on the freeway last night back home from a town north of Sac. I was playing with the cruise control to see at what speed I would get exactly 30MPG (I was in the Passat). I was pretty happy that at 69 MPH, I was getting exactly 30 MPG. At 75 MPH I was getting 28.5 MPG.