Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Professional Guard Rolling

Had mine done by Darryl yesterday.....excellent job.... I gained about 15mm in the rear arches

For Professional Paintless Dent Removal & Guard Rolling

Darryl Begg

The Dent Magician

Ph. 0274 838935

He's mobile & comes to you (Auckland Only)

Rough idea on cost per guard ?

I got a special deal.... give Darryl a call

I got a special deal.... give Darryl a call

Beers or...? :P

Only when she's got a paper bag handy. :lol:

Pics please

And not of you giving head Ash

Theres nothing to see really .... he's rolled the inner lip right out of the way which gives me about an extra 12-15mm clearance now

Anyway.

Darryl does a bloody good job and can X2 on a good job. He is a perfectionist and a true magician.

BMW's have thick paint and tough steel so it takes him ages, he spent 4 hours on one dent on my E30 and still charged the flat rate, you’d never know it was ever there -_-

Edited by *Glenn*

Guest Simon*

Oh ok, so nothing really noticeable externally? Just a better fit for top of rims/tyres with travel?

Oh ok, so nothing really noticeable externally? Just a better fit for top of rims/tyres with travel?

No nothing noticable. I'll take some pics next week when I'm doing my subframe mod

No nothing noticable. I'll take some pics next week when I'm doing my subframe mod

Does anyone know such a guy in Christchurch? :D

Will write up a DYI brendon and I did up at HellBM on the e30.

Its actually pretty easy to do and not crack the paint.

All you need is a guard roller, hammer and cloth or rubber mallet and a good heat gun and a friend to help you out.

Takes about 45mins per guard. Its all about cleaning / prepping and taking your time with it and doing the tuck and pull in stages.

I pulled nearly 2 inches in the top section without it looking stupid.

Does anyone know such a guy in Christchurch? :D

there is a guy that dose a very profesional mobile guard lip rolling service in christchurch. www.guardroll.com just e-mail him you car details and he will give you an instant quote. good prices to. it was $160 to get all 4 guards done on my mates car and he didn't even crack the paint. he also dose flaring upto 3 inches on most cars ;)

post-6130-1282598423.jpg

and he didn't even crack the paint.

You would hope not, for a professional!

$160 for a guard roll sounds reasonable, do you know if he guarantees or warranties his work!?

do you know if he guarantees or warranties his work!?

Its impossible to give a gaurantee on weather or not paint will crack. All you can do is be careful and take every steap for it not too happen, at the end of the days its up to the paint.

Sorry to be ignorant but what is the difference between rolling and flaring?

Rolling is mearly using a roller or what ever to flatten the inner lip and depnding on how much you want pulling the innder guard lip outwards to give the car more room for bigger width or lower offset wheels.

Flaring is a bit more drastic, you can create your own flares and cut away the original or extend the metal you do have by extruding the guards outward to create a pumped out guard.

The next level from this is going full wide body which is taking flaring to the extreme and usual entails full panel replacement.