Sign in to follow this  
qube

Bought a Merc E350

so after selling my old mans 99' 528i which served us well for the last 7 years we were initially looking for a newish stationwagon like a e91 or possibly a tidy e46 wagon.. that search proved futile and we went on a search for a decent sized sedan and ended up with this...

its a 2005 E350 sedan, 72000 kms, AMG sport bodykit and wheels.. its a really tidy car and my dad is very happy with it.. we were looking at e60s but dad didnt like them and i thought they were not as great as e39s and there wasnt much point changing to another e39 so yea..

its very spacious, comfortable, rides and drives really well, plenty of power from the 3.5L v6 engine, cant really complain except for the fact that its not a BMW!!

but yea.. hope i dont get killed for this post, i think its a nice looking car, we bought it with 3 years mechanical warranty so hopefully nothing goes wrong!

i think this model is the W211? if anyone here as any knowledge of these cars, im all ears, its our first time buying a mercedes..

anyways here are some pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

I quite like this shape of E class - glad it's your dads though, I thought it was going to be yours initially!

Some how in my mind any Mercedes unless it's an V8 AMG doesn't it doesn't suit a younger person.

^as much as i would like a v8 amg merc, the initial price and costs to maintain are too high for me at this stage, not to mention insurance and what not...

i dont trust myself in a 4 second car, hur hur hur..

i think its a great car for my dad and its definitely no slouch, goes hard compared to my 330!

My old man has had one of these since new. Watch out for seals around the boot clogging up with dirt and water flowing nicely into the spare wheel well and surrounding area. The air conditioning bearing(s) seem to be pretty shot now and it makes a horrible whine. The horn stopped working with nothing coming up when scanned, earlier this year (unsure if fixed yet). All of this and it lives in an orchard shed unused most of the time. Oh and #1 worst quality part is the heater coolant changeover unit/valve. Luckily a bit of internet searching (RHD fix is much harder than LHD but still do-able) I found the likely culprit of NO HOT AIR and got a discounted new unit for around $90 and fitted it by myself. It was to be a much more expensive job at the dealer.

It is however a fantastic drive (elegence spec, not avantgarde or AMG), uses very little fuel on long trips and has good torque.

^ thanks for that, will look into the things you mentioned.

P.s. ours is te avantgarde spec I believe, it has the badge on the side, no idea how to tell otherwise tho... I feel like those who believe a m badge on the back makes it a m sport or a ACS badge makes it ACS even if its a standard 318i or something. Well.. Lots to learn

Avantgarde models have more gloss black trim inside and out, and also cardon fibre trim. They have lower stiffer suspension, maybe sportier seats? Tend not to be faked, merc owners dont wank the same way as bmw ones.

I quite like this shape of E class - glad it's your dads though, I thought it was going to be yours initially!

Some how in my mind any Mercedes unless it's an V8 AMG doesn't it doesn't suit a younger person.

There's a fine line between this, I had a CLK-55 AMG when I was 26 and somehow it just didn't feel right!

There's a fine line between this, I had a CLK-55 AMG when I was 26 and somehow it just didn't feel right!

Because you weren't a hairdresser? Or because you weren't an old man? :lol: The AMG probably overcomes a lot of the "image" though B)

The adds for the A class with the dubstep in them must not have worked... :lol:

I would pipe up in defence of merc owners being tough, as ive had 3 of them... but then remembered, I'm gay

Because you weren't a hairdresser? Or because you weren't an old man? :lol: The AMG probably overcomes a lot of the "image" though B)

Hairdresser is a bit below the belt lol.

But yeah, old man +2

I felt old when I had my old '06 ML 320 CDI even though that was a reasonably good truck, but just not as good as the BM!

Hairdresser is a bit below the belt lol.

But yeah, old man +2

I felt old when I had my old '06 ML 320 CDI even though that was a reasonably good truck, but just not as good as the BM!

Yeah... I quite like some mercs too... thought the older ones are more my thing. I was joking about the hairdresser thing. I wouldn't have been, if it was a SLK ;)

I had a Suzuki Cappuccino, remember... Who am I to comment :lol:

Yeah... I quite like some mercs too... thought the older ones are more my thing. I was joking about the hairdresser thing. I wouldn't have been, if it was a SLK ;)

I had a Suzuki Cappuccino, remember... Who am I to comment :lol:

One of the most insane cars I've ever driven would have to be a SLK 55 AMG. An example of when Arnold Schwarzenegger and Rambo start working in the German Automotive sector.