Sign in to follow this  
MattyJ

New member in Auckland

Hi all,

I've been a long time BMW fan and only last year pick up my first one recommended by a friend (2005 740i). My son wanted an E30 for his first car so we found a one owner car with full BMW service history (89 325i sedan) and its become his fix up project until he is old enough to drive. While driving it home and around the place I grew to enjoy it a little too much and ended up buying myself and E30 too (86 325i Convertible) We are now a 3 BMW family and I'm loving driving the E30s.

The sedan and the convertible need some work here and there so what better place to come than here to mix with the best best minds and most passionate people in the BMW world :). I hope to get some help and help others with anything BMW over time.

I've been hitting Ebay pretty hard picking up parts etc but would like to also tap into any options locally too.

My son and I are really looking forward to getting out with other owners and doing some weekend drives etc too.

Might see you around on the forum pages.....

Cheers

Mat

• Like 2

First word of advice is dont go too hard on the ebay parts unless its little cosmetic things etc.

For maintenance parts get genuine or OEM from places like pelican parts, ecs tuning, fcp euro or similar.

Next thing to do is go kick your friend for recommending you an E65 740i. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, qube said:

First word of advice is dont go too hard on the ebay parts unless its little cosmetic things etc.

For maintenance parts get genuine or OEM from places like pelican parts, ecs tuning, fcp euro or similar.

Thanks for the advice, I've been pretty picky with Ebay only getting OEM stuff and mainly cosmetic so not off track there thankfully. I've been using realOEM for finding part numbers then searching for that to make sure I get the right stuff. I've also been down to Brent (BM World) and picked up a fair stack of stuff from him too.

I'll check out those other places too now. Didn't like Pelican as it was too hard to navigate??

Hahaha, well yeah, I can certainly see your point on the E65. This car is actually the BMW Germany show car they used to showcase the limo features for the long wheel base cars so its loaded with options in the SWB car and loaded with INDIVIDUAL features and badges all over. Only done 26,000 kms too. It does the job for a work hack anyway ;P

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MattyJ said:

Thanks for the advice, I've been pretty picky with Ebay only getting OEM stuff and mainly cosmetic so not off track there thankfully. I've been using realOEM for finding part numbers then searching for that to make sure I get the right stuff. I've also been down to Brent (BM World) and picked up a fair stack of stuff from him too.

I'll check out those other places too now. Didn't like Pelican as it was too hard to navigate??

Hahaha, well yeah, I can certainly see your point on the E65. This car is actually the BMW Germany show car they used to showcase the limo features for the long wheel base cars so its loaded with options in the SWB car and loaded with INDIVIDUAL features and badges all over. Only done 26,000 kms too. It does the job for a work hack anyway ;P

best you show us some images of your fleet then!  Welcome along to the forum.

If you're finding Pelican Parts "back to the 90's" navigation sub-par, you should find FCP Euro a breeze.  

6 hours ago, qube said:

:D

• Like 1

my favorite is fcp euro for sure but dont think they have a huge range of things for E30's

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Olaf said:

best you show us some images of your fleet then!  Welcome along to the forum.

As soon as I get time to work all that out I'll get something up. I've searched for the "how to upload photos" info but not getting much other than people with problems trying. I'll work it out as I always do, it will just take some time so don't hold your breath!! ;P.

Just scroll down and use that 'insert other media' button.  You can link to images elsewhere, or upload from your machine.  Easy.

• Like 1

This is my son's 89 E30 325i - 1 owner car with full and I mean full BMW service history. The old owner even photocopied the service pages when the handbook pages ran out. Engine purrs like a kitten but it needs some body work. It has tan leather interior too. The wheels didn't come with it, they are off my other son's new Mini )same stud pattern). The car runs standard bottle caps wheels. We just popped these on for the photos.

IMG_4759.JPG

IMG_4762.JPG

IMG_4764.JPG

IMG_4778.JPG

• Like 2

This is my 86 E30 convertible. Body is totally rust free, I mean I can't find anything anywhere. Engine is sweet but has a few bits that are not original which I'll fix up over time. Interior is in excellent condition too but the dash is cracked unlike the sedan which is mint. It looks like its on lowered springs too. Only had it 2 days so still coming to understand it all. Still has the original handbook with it too which is always a nice touch.

FullSizeRender 9.jpg

IMG_5350.JPG

BMW 325i 6.jpeg

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Olaf said:

Just scroll down and use that 'insert other media' button.  You can link to images elsewhere, or upload from your machine.  Easy.

Thanks that was too easy. So easy in fact I thought it can't be that easy!!! I've always had to use photobucket in the past and never remember my password haha CHEERS!!!!

• Like 1

Those mini wheels do nothing for your sons e30 which would look 1000x better on bottlecaps but otherwise very nice.

Same with your vert. Go pull out the rear taillights and tell us no rust there too!

Im waiting to see your e65 haha

• Like 1

Welcome Mat and congrats on the 3 Bimmers!!! 

Agree with @qubere the wheels - put the originals back on :D

I have mixed feelings on E65s - there are some nice ones around - like this: http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=1292647636

Anyway - dish up some pics and interested to see the Individual elements!!

3 hours ago, qube said:

Those mini wheels do nothing for your sons e30 which would look 1000x better on bottlecaps but otherwise very nice.

Same with your vert. Go pull out the rear taillights and tell us no rust there too!

Im waiting to see your e65 haha

Totally agree on the mini wheels, I only allowed him to put them on for the photos then the bottle caps went back on :)

Ooohhh.... ok I'll check that on my car soon, Keen to know if its ok or not...

Hmmmm is this a trap (re the E65) ;P I don't want to be kicked out of the cool kids club on my first day!!

Here is the sedan on its original wheels as it is now plus a shot of the nice tidy dash and sweet crack free dash.

E30_dash.jpg

E30 original.png

• Like 3

OK, here is the daily driver.... E65 done only 27ks sitting on 20" Individual wheels. Looks black buts its actually green

Screen_Shot_2017-04-04_at_10_31.54_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-04-04_at_10_30.39_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-04-04_at_10_32.19_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-04-04_at_10_32.39_PM.png

• Like 5

14 hours ago, TermiPeteNZ said:

Anyway - dish up some pics and interested to see the Individual elements!!

Thanks! Here is the options list on the E65, seems to have a truckload of goodies but not 100% on what parts are individual. It has Individual badges on the steering wheel, door sills and wheels.

Options:

XAB Individual R.s.infotainment

2VA Adaptive Drive

220 Self-leveling Suspension

255 Sports Leather Steering Wheel

302 Alarm System

316 Automatic Tailgate Operation

322 Comfort Access System

323 Soft Close Automatic System For Doors

357 Protective Glazing

358 Climate Comfort Windscreen

403 Glas Roof, Electric

415 Sunblind For Rear Window

416 Sunblinds

423 Floor Mats, Velour

428 Warning Triangle

430 Int/ext Rr Vw Mirror W Aut Anti-dazzle

431 Interior Rr Vw Mirror W Aut Anti-d

441 Smokers Package

442 Cupholder

456 Comfort Seats, Electric. Adjustable

460 Comfort Seats Rr Electric. Adjustable

488 Lumbar Support Driver/front Passenger

494 Seat Heating F Driver/front Passenger

496 Seat Heating For Rear Seats

508 Park Distance Control (pdc)

524 Adaptive Headlights

534 Automatic Air Conditioning

541 Active Cruise Control

548 Speedometer With Kilometer Reading

601 Tv Function

603 Monitors In Rear

609 Navigation System Professional

651 Md Player

672 Cd Changer Bmw For 6 Cds

677 Hifi System Professional

696 Dvd Changer For 6 Disks

760 Individual High-gloss Satin Chrome

791 Individual Cooling Box fridge

823 Hot Climate Version

825 Radio Control Oceania

845 Acoustic Belt Warning

853 Language Version English

864 Overseas/dealer Directory

880 English / On-board Documentation

903 Special Check Trade Fair/photo Vehicle

940 Special Request Equipment Individual (think this could be the fold out table tray and bar equip and BMW glasses in rear centre console??)

944 Retrofitting By Zs

991 Pre-series Management

992 Control of Number Plate Attachment

You will see number 903 related to the showcar/photo-car. I'm wondering if this is the car used for the manual photos as it looks the same?? It was first registered in 2007 next to the BMW factory in Germany with only248Kms on the clock. It was then purchased by BMW NZ to be used for a feature car and bought by a Dr who barely drove it hence its super low KMs. So it was a 1 owner car and has all manuals and spare keys etc :) 

• Like 1

hi , nice E30's, got a couple myself .. a good source of bits and bobs are various NZ based Facebook pages have a look here .. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/e30ownersnz/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/935587709854090/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1293538293995670/

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MattyJ said:

OK, here is the daily driver.... E65 done only 27ks sitting on 20" Individual wheels. Looks black buts its actually green

Screen_Shot_2017-04-04_at_10_31.54_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-04-04_at_10_30.39_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-04-04_at_10_32.19_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017-04-04_at_10_32.39_PM.png

that's a pretty special e65.  like!

You are the man - TVs in the back and a fridge.

Agree with @Olaf you do have a special vehicle there.

• Like 1

On 5/04/2017 at 5:02 PM, bga said:

hi , nice E30's, got a couple myself .. a good source of bits and bobs are various NZ based Facebook pages have a look here ..

Thanks!! :)

I have requested to join them all!! I would have liked to have found a coupe for my son but they are always that much more in price. Besides he can't have the best car on the planet for his first car!! ;P

• Like 1