Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Upgraded to V9 for the N54 and I am liking it. I was on V7 which was a noticeable improvement over V6 but the most noticeable things so far are the smoothness and for whatever reason it seems more responsive. I was already running the linear throttle mapping which I am now completely sold on, but I also chose boost by gear. I have 10psi on 1st and 14psi on 2nd gear. I also went from a 95 to 98 map as my Mobil now has 98. Boost by gear certainly helps to get off the line and 2nd gear is noticeably more torquey but 3rd gear hits really hard and flashes the DTC light for a second or two.  I may look to bring up the boost in 1st to say 12psi and see how it goes but otherwise very happy. I really need to find a dyno in Wellington as I am curious as to what it actually makes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still need to get around to doing MHD on my e91 335i.

What stage are you on?

Have you got a recommended cable? I don't want to cheap out and get one that doesn't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, brenthay said:

I still need to get around to doing MHD on my e91 335i.

What stage are you on?

Have you got a recommended cable? I don't want to cheap out and get one that doesn't work.

Brent I went with Stage 1 + for this I just did the mandatory intercooler upgrade. I did replacemy leaking charge pipe as well, again probably something you will want to do or have to do at some stage. I just bought a cheap ebay Dcan cable,  but would look at the MHD wirelless option as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vast improvement on earlier maps Herb?

Having my intake and valves cleaned today, mechanic called today and said "up with the worst carbon build up he has seen"

Excites me, as tomorrow I will have 25-30% more air flow than I had yesterday!!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smiddy said:

Vast improvement on earlier maps Herb?

Having my intake and valves cleaned today, mechanic called today and said "up with the worst carbon build up he has seen"

Excites me, as tomorrow I will have 25-30% more air flow than I had yesterday!!

 

I had mine done afew years back but not convinced it was done properly. Make sure you get before and after shots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Herbmiester said:

Brent I went with Stage 1 + for this I just did the mandatory intercooler upgrade. I did replacemy leaking charge pipe as well, again probably something you will want to do or have to do at some stage. I just bought a cheap ebay Dcan cable,  but would look at the MHD wirelless option as well.

Ah sweet i'll look into a cable.

I think i'll just go with the stage 1 and pair it with the Xhp trans flash. Good enough for a daily driver haha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, brenthay said:

Ah sweet i'll look into a cable.

I think i'll just go with the stage 1 and pair it with the Xhp trans flash. Good enough for a daily driver haha!

Yes stage 1 will give you a nice increase, just be prepared for your charge pipe to pop, I have seen 4 instances out of 4 where a boost increase caused the charge pipe to crack or in one case disintegrate. N55s seem to be worse than N54s but that's not saying much as they are a known weakness. Really would recommend a new intercooler the stock one is tiny and on a hot day the intake temp can get pretty high. Both intercooler and CP are easy upgrades. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2020 at 10:08 AM, Herbmiester said:

Yes stage 1 will give you a nice increase, just be prepared for your charge pipe to pop, I have seen 4 instances out of 4 where a boost increase caused the charge pipe to crack or in one case disintegrate. N55s seem to be worse than N54s but that's not saying much as they are a known weakness. Really would recommend a new intercooler the stock one is tiny and on a hot day the intake temp can get pretty high. Both intercooler and CP are easy upgrades. 

Yup I already have an aftermarket charge pipe, did that early on just to be safe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting. I keep upgrading the map versions but I can't tell a difference between them. Just running Stage 2 untill I get round to chucking a better intercooler on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, blake12 said:

Interesting. I keep upgrading the map versions but I can't tell a difference between them. Just running Stage 2 untill I get round to chucking a better intercooler on. 

 I run stage 1+ and there is a noticeable difference not so much in top end but certainly in drive ability and throttle response. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, big differance between 1 and 1+

Was out early the in morning a couple of days ago, was about 11c, reminds you of the differance of cool dense air,  traction lights flickering even in third!😎

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smiddy said:

Yes, big differance between 1 and 1+

Was out early the in morning a couple of days ago, was about 11c, reminds you of the differance of cool dense air,  traction lights flickering even in third!😎

Yeah they are torque monsters, always makes me giggle when they break traction at 100kph plus :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...