Sign in to follow this  
bmpower

Update on my ride - new bits added!

So i got my new angel eyes last week, and fitted them - with varying levels of difficulty! Its easier on the second one, put it that way...

They are from CPA in Petone - and exactly what i wanted! The halos are wired into the park lights (first spin on the light dial) and while not too effective on a bright day they look wikid when it starts to get dark!

I also got a few bits off trademe ie: a lip spoiler, ac style roof spoiler and upper and lower brows. The lip spoiler is on and looks pretty good. The roof spoiler is on its last coat of clear and will be fitted soon (its painted the same colour as the car - hellrot red). I'm also in the process of painting the upper brows the same colour, which will be on soon too!

So the next thing on the list was to bring the bumper up to scratch by ripping (well removing) the original style red insert and putting some nice new black mesh in its place.

The car went down to jeff gray bmw this morning to get the fanbelts/drivebelts changed - there was a really annoying squeaking sound, which i thought was the belts - only to be told after they put new ones on, that the noise was coming from the idle pulley!! So $350 later i'm now not goin insane with the sound! haha!

There are quite a few other mods in the pipeline, but will be done when $$$ allows!!

post-1740-1179370491_thumb.jpg

post-1740-1179370607_thumb.jpg

post-1740-1179370760_thumb.jpg

post-1740-1179371026_thumb.jpg

post-1740-1179371257_thumb.jpg

post-1740-1179371544_thumb.jpg

post-1740-1179371862_thumb.jpg

post-1740-1179371929_thumb.jpg

Looks good.

any plans for clear indicators ,plus side markers. Looking good

You stole my car

haha, you stole mine! i got mine in jan!! have you done anything to yours yet??

any plans for clear indicators ,plus side markers. Looking good

they are clear housing!! just the bulb is orange - you can get 'chrome look' ones that flash orange which i'll get eventually that don't show up orange.

as for side repeaters and tail lights, they are in the pipeline, prob gonna get smoked clears for the sides, but still deciding on rears. stuck between the oem look ones with clear top line, the half and half crystal look ones and the half and half led ones! too many choices aye!

haha, you stole mine! i got mine in jan!! have you done anything to yours yet??

Yep - broke the radiator.

Towbar + Europlate - mine is my tow car and it's a workhorse.

Yep - broke the radiator.

Towbar + Europlate - mine is my tow car and it's a workhorse.

oh true, gutted - how much was that for a new one?

shame aout the towbar, hate to think how that looks!!

i'm still 50/50 on europlates aye, i see why you guys do them, but i hate number plates full stop, so i don;t want to make it any bigger than it has to be haha!

Euro plates DO complement european cars, in essence they were kind of meant to go together? Think of the Yahoo + Xtra advert hah.

Do it!

Euro plates DO complement european cars, in essence they were kind of meant to go together? Think of the Yahoo + Xtra advert hah.

Do it!

A lot of non euro cars also have the euro sized plate holders.

Makes a massive difference when plates fit the hole. Fit the hole!

Okay Okay i know it fts the hole, i'm just still deciding, and its not a priority for me! I have other things i want doin first ie. strut brace, simota carbon pod.

Speaking of which has anyone on here used the carbon simota pod? I saw a couple of pics and it looks real good, and apparantly its not too noisy either?? And their only $140, which incidentely was the same price i was quoted for a standard k&n replacement filter?!

It makes me lol when I see a Toyota or Nissan or some Japanese car with euro plates cause they don't fit and they kinda bend at the ends and it looks really funny. lol

I installed a carbon simota pod on my 320i. After a coupla minutes driving with it, I went back to my standard intake. All I found it did was give a deep moaning sound with not much go to suit, n also it prompted me to give it sh*t n waste my fuel so i could hear it roar hah. This was on a 320i though so might be better on a 323i+...

Hey your cars looking great mate :D

I have a 96 323i myself and I think I might have the same problem as you had described. At low revs, i.e idling, I can hear chirping noises, it comes and goes but its kinda getting to me now.

I might have the same problem as you, but havent been round to see a mechanic. Hoping I can find an easy fix at the moment. Would any of you good folkes know whats wrong?? thanks :)

I installed a carbon simota pod on my 320i. After a coupla minutes driving with it, I went back to my standard intake. All I found it did was give a deep moaning sound with not much go to suit, n also it prompted me to give it sh*t n waste my fuel so i could hear it roar hah. This was on a 320i though so might be better on a 323i+...

oh true, yeah it may be better on a 2.5. thanks anyway aye. i'll give it a go in the next month or so, and let you know how it pans out!

Very nice TASTEFUL mods

cheers man, i'm tryin to be relativly subtle about my mods aye - nothing to over the top. just a little improving on what ze germans came out with!

Hey your cars looking great mate :D

I have a 96 323i myself and I think I might have the same problem as you had described. At low revs, i.e idling, I can hear chirping noises, it comes and goes but its kinda getting to me now.

I might have the same problem as you, but havent been round to see a mechanic. Hoping I can find an easy fix at the moment. Would any of you good folkes know whats wrong?? thanks :)

dude that sounds exactly like what i had. it turned out to be the bearings in the idle pulley! which was about $114 for a new pulley, not sure what labour was, i payed about $90, but that was with putting 2 new belts in as well.

hope this helps!