Sign in to follow this  
OLLIE

The 'boy racer' problem ...

changing the boy racer mentality  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What about your Helicopter ?

Ha ha, nice call Huttey, I actually have a Wiki site at www.strapper.pbwiki.com where I made the comment that I had "overused our allocated carbon footprint for the day" or words that effect. Go to the "Latest things happening in Jock's life" page for more details of the ride.

Would love to state a claim to ownership of the chopper, but alas, my sugar daddy gay boyfriend has not come to sweep me off my very heterosexual feet yet!! :rolleyes:

Cheers, Jock

Put them all on a wet, dangerous, closed road with no emergency services. Call it population control.

great to see darwinisim is still alive and well :P i must say i agree... i also agree with reaper47's police involvement, you cant beat them and it can often make it worse... joining them with a few wrx's like units in NZ's alpine areas used to have only kitted out would give them a means of involvement... the problem is convincing them to keep it confined to events and not just every other night regardless. Compulsory insurance would be a big step in the right direction however stolen cars do exist... like ipwnyou's "birthday present" (man that sucks). Crushing is a little extreme (and such a waste) but im certainly for harsher penalties... impound them, not the car... because that certainly isnt working, they view it as nothing major...

I totally agree with what your saying most nites when they cruise out in done in industrial areas latenite id hate to hit someone but there just these dicks that go out there who wana get pissed tag an fight the last azac day tuesday night was the best cause it just died off there were fast cars out there including a 10sec road reg gsr/evo but people wernt being idiots i dont agree with it but some are doin things with s little bit of common sense , 1 LAST THING WHY IS IT SO KOOL TO DRIVE UP AN DOWN QUEEN STREET? when we see these people we laugh at them when were heading to the clubs hahahahahahha

Posted Image

Absolutely right. Every friday / saturday night whenever i go off to the clubs they're lining queen street, it is totally ridiculous. Police could actually make a killing walking up and down the centre line of queen street while theyre all idling along stuck in traffic with a wad of green and pink stickers, issuing fines, checking certs and everything... who cares if the cops stop a car in traffic on queens street at midnight on a friday, get them to turn it off write them a ticket even have it towed.... the ONLY people they would be holding up is the boy racers, period. ;)

...it would be a great deterrant! imagine the embarassment of having your car stopped dead and pinked infront of all the clubbers at that time of night!

Edited by Tomo

Queen street is a mix of people just wanting to show off their car and g bangers. The crews that roll the illegals dont really run Q'st ...

There is a difference.

The problematic people are the ones that drive just way too fast to actually stop or avoid an accident.

Most people in NZ I hate to say it modifiy their cars in the wrong order. Power and engine mods then brakes and suspension / tires are the last thing to be looked at.

Not saying that a Big brake kit is going stop someone from being bolded however.

on another note... I just came from a scene of an accident where some padestrian was crossing the road down town auckland and was just killed. body on the footpath and all :/

Do you think youll see it on the media tonight ? no .. because it was a normal car.

Would you see it if the person had mag wheels and an exaust ... hell yes.

We are a trail by media society. Maybe the media needs to be permited to report news correctly.

ban modified cars?

but then people have nothing to bitch about! and if "boy racers" actually caused THAT many accidents you dont think they would just ban modded cars completely?

I just met NZ's oldest boy racer today.

As I was driving through Te Puke to Rangiuru, I spotted a hand waving from the grass at the roadside.

I slammed on my brakes and pulled over. Rushed across the road and another motorist stopped too.

We found a dude in a mobility scooter (on it's side). He said he was OK and could we help him up. So we lifted him and the scooter (4 wheel one) onto it's wheels. He said he'd been going a bit fast (on the footpath) and clipped the kerb and rolled. He was fine, but it was bloody funny. A couple of workers from the Retirement home (where he was going) helped him back home.

It was like like listening to one of my mates years back who lost it up the top of West Coast Road into the trees. No harm done there either.

hahah what a legend old man!

Hahaha. My motto is "live long enough to be a pain in the arse to your kids". I might add "and to other motorists" now after reading that one.

My grandfather is similar - has countless speed related scooter sccidents and constantly complains his scooter isn't fast as the newest ones out. He's been banned from several local shops for going too fast inside. I don't know if its boy racer or just old-man impatience though.

on another note... I just came from a scene of an accident where some padestrian was crossing the road down town auckland and was just killed. body on the footpath and all :/

Do you think youll see it on the media tonight ? no .. because it was a normal car.

You're right Josh, not a squeak

nah bro...know for a fact that VR4s arent up to a decent BMW. My brother had a modified AMG Galant VR4 (lightweight version of a VR4, manual gearbox) and he couldnt beat my auto E36 325

i think he means a modified vr4 turbos [more commonly known as whales], not my production class amg vr4 n/a...with its mere 130kw+ and rather foooked close ratio box.........

and dont mention that you could outrun it, that was rather embarrasing...

i think the barcode thingy is nice. but then i wouldnt be able to fill up my celica, or my bike.....

I used to have a car on LPG. If the LPG WOF was out of date, they didn't fill you up.

Easy solution.....

When your car is warranted, rego'd and insured (ie compliant) you get a bar code sticker which you put right beside the filling point. A scanner on the filling bowser will only release fuel to the car when it scans and accepts the barcode/chip.

You can apply for an exemption to this to fill your lawnmower 5 litre jerry can etc, but otherwise, car not compliant = no gas.

I'm sure some will find a way around it, but if you get caught, car gets crushed.

was that a joke?

if its not u obviously havent thought about it much

crushing someones car for not having a wof?

thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard not to mention impossible to actually put into action

was that a joke?

if its not u obviously havent thought about it much

crushing someones car for not having a wof?

thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard not to mention impossible to actually put into action

Nup, bloody serious.

Thought about it heaps, get the piles of non-compliant sh*t off the road.

Easy to crush, have a mobile crusher parked up at a checkpoint. Pull you over, any car with a warrant more than a month expired gets crushed. No brainer IMO. <_<

If your warrant is expired by more than a month, you trailer your car to the WOF station.

Edited by StylesM5

I don't think these guys can be taught respect - thats the core of the problem they have no respect for anyone - and access to fast cars, and the ability to really screw them up.

Boy racers is a term that makes them sound more grand than they are. "Dangerous w**kers in fast but f**ked up cars" is more accurate. It also lets off the hook some equally stupid females who seem to like the culture. it also doesn't address some of the older guys who are no longer boys but have something to prove.

If they have killed someone - crush their cars with them inside! Too harsh? OK how about not letting people under 20 own highly modified cars. Lets make insurance compulsory - can't afford it - then you can't afford to drive the car!

I saw some sh*t head recendly advertising his 3 serries BMW with cut springs, but has original springs for getting a WOF. A beating with a tyre iron on his skull could not go astray for that particular human POS. Any car found in that sort of condition shouldn't be pink stuickered - they should be crushed!

I don't think these guys can be taught respect - thats the core of the problem they have no respect for anyone - and access to fast cars, and the ability to really screw them up.

Boy racers is a term that makes them sound more grand than they are. "Dangerous w**kers in fast but f**ked up cars" is more accurate. It also lets off the hook some equally stupid females who seem to like the culture. it also doesn't address some of the older guys who are no longer boys but have something to prove.

If they have killed someone - crush their cars with them inside! Too harsh? OK how about not letting people under 20 own highly modified cars. Lets make insurance compulsory - can't afford it - then you can't afford to drive the car!

I saw some sh*t head recendly advertising his 3 serries BMW with cut springs, but has original springs for getting a WOF. A beating with a tyre iron on his skull could not go astray for that particular human POS. Any car found in that sort of condition shouldn't be pink stuickered - they should be crushed!

Totally agree Jimbo

there is a really simple and efective way to make boy racers either die without harming anyone else, or learn to respect vehicles on the road.

make them ride a (real) motorbike for 6 months.

they will either have invincibility complex and die or learn that, fear, real fear, the kind that puckers up your anus, and makes you feel drained and giddy afterward from adrenaline, is not achieved bungee jumping, it is not achieved racing a powerful car.

it is a mum in an suv or an old person driving with a hat on.

once they have felt the fear, they will respect the road and road users

edit: or just dont let them get gas if they dont have wof rego and insurance

Edited by crshbndct