Sign in to follow this  
OLLIE

The 'boy racer' problem ...

changing the boy racer mentality  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

compulsary retard_looking_driver insurance

compulsory insurance is the worse thing you can do. if there is compolsery insurance premiums will skyrocket for everyone because the companys no you have no other alternative. ive seen it happen in england and im sure it will happen here 2.

i like the sound of shutting off a old industrial road or something say after 9 on 1 or 2 nights a week and have the police hosting drags. sure it may not be bulletproof and people will crash from time to time but atleast they wont be crashing into inocent drivers. and there will be medical servaces etc available. the reason noone has any respect for the police these days is because the current boyracer act is stupid and if the cop decides to take your car and your lisence even if you do nothing wrong because everything is up to the cops descresion so if you had to jump on your brakes all of a sudden and skidded slightly you could loose your lisence and your car if the cop was having a bad day. and im sure no one would be bad mouthing about a police oficer if he pulled you up for doing 112k in a 100k zone and just gave you a warning or even if he was just nice and polite. dont get me wrong it does happen but not always.

but the thing is boy racers have always been around and always will be. you cant get rid of them but you can work with some of them to try and make the roads abit safer.

boy racers always will have a kind of bullet proof mentality but that is just something that comes with there age you just have to live with it.

Insurance premiums will shoot up of course, its how they make there money , the problem with shutting off industrial areas is that they are mainly trucking roads, big trucks often operate during or throughout the night, closing these roads would only mean that "boy racers" would move to more public suburban streets, creating more danger for themselves and people around them, and also stop a large number of businesses operating during the night.

And maybe ive missed this, but what about meremere??? Im aware that its in quite a bad state, but their is a strip there, why dont they make this more public, everything is there, and as far as im aware most weekends their open to public so long as you have a helmet and a wof, I could be wrong??? But improving this area, and increasing capacity, (as second strip ) maybe, would be beneficial, although it wouldnt remedy the problem seeing as the drags and such generally have more cars that could ever fit into meremere,

compulsory insurance is great cos the insurance companies wont insure them, this meaning they wont want to take there shitty car to the drags because they have a higher chance of getting done then before.

WE DON'T HAVE A "BOY RACER" PROBLEM AT ALL [we have issues with people complying with the rules of society]

Word, my toe rags bro. Dont forget there are too many people in the 65+ demographic area that will jump up and down cause they have nothing better to do in tauranga. sh*t gets blowen out of proportion by them.

Aviation ave was my fav place to watch girls/cars at the mount.

Complusory insurance all the way. The only problem with this is that there are too many laws being introduced here in NZ. I agree that society and the courts should be more reponsible in handing out sentences that discourge and publicly shame people doing undesirable acts.

At $2.00 a sprint???

100 runs a night x 365 days a year x 20years = $1,460,000 which is about $40 grand shy of the resource management fees required to build a track these days

and the F**KEN GOVT bitch when racing takes place on the street

The resource management act nearly stopped a burn-out contest in TGA a few years ago

When you do your Maths, the Fines,and risk of confiscation ends up being a shitload cheaper than trying to cut thru all the red tape

WE DON'T HAVE A "BOY RACER" PROBLEM AT ALL [we have issues with people complying with the rules of society]

Thing is, they arnt gonna get 100 runs every night of the week, maybe 3 nights a week.

^^^^ everyone's a critic !

The reality is that 1.4 million is but a small drop in the ocean of the billions of dollars there is in the government coffers.

If they really wanted to deal with the issue they would, but by imposing compulsory insurance (which I think is a great idea in general, not wont necessarily tackle this issue) the only winners are going to be the insurance companies.

It will be interesting to see how easy it will be for little Johnny to insure his WRX when this comes in, or if he'll be able to get away with it by insuring it in someone elses name and him just being a driver.

compulsory insurance is great cos the insurance companies wont insure them, this meaning they wont want to take there shitty car to the drags because they have a higher chance of getting done then before.

You arent covered for insurance at the illegal drags anywho. Its part of the agreement you sign with the insurance co that you will not be covered whilst partaking/associating the car in illegal activies. There is also more chance of the cops knowing of a crash at the illegals. Thus making it VERY hard to come up with a legitimate excuse of why/where you crashed.

Its something that always has been done and always will be done. Ive been there done that......

Still dont mind going for the odd cruise through Auckland city though, there are some pretty nice vehicles around these days, always good to see what other people are doing to their cars... Then there is the rebel mentality that some dickheads just WANT to force the cops to do more. I mean Diesel drops a f**king foolish people!!!!!!!

THese are the ones that wreck it and need to have their peices of sh*t crushed on the side of the road by a mobile car crusher :D

I used to have a car on LPG. If the LPG WOF was out of date, they didn't fill you up.

Easy solution.....

When your car is warranted, rego'd and insured (ie compliant) you get a bar code sticker which you put right beside the filling point. A scanner on the filling bowser will only release fuel to the car when it scans and accepts the barcode/chip.

You can apply for an exemption to this to fill your lawnmower 5 litre jerry can etc, but otherwise, car not compliant = no gas.

I'm sure some will find a way around it, but if you get caught, car gets crushed.

Edited by StylesM5

I used to have a car on LPG. If the LPG WOF was out of date, they didn't fill you up.

Easy solution.....

When your car is warranted, rego'd and insured (ie compliant) you get a bar code sticker which you put right beside the filling point. A scanner on the filling bowser will only release fuel to the car when it scans and accepts the barcode/chip.

You can apply for an exemption to this to fill your lawnmower 5 litre jerry can etc, but otherwise, car not compliant = no gas.

I'm sure some will find a way around it, but if you get caught, car gets crushed.

I really like that idea!

Great idea Jock, but can you see the guy at the filling station telling someone they cant have petrol at 2am on a cold and wet Sunday morning because they have no insurance !

I have no doubt whatsoever that the cameras that are reading your licence plates will be used to track insurance. They will scan your licence plate several times a day in some places and alarm bells will ring as soon as they scan one that has no wof, or no reg or no insurance.

Big brother will be watching, but if its used to catch those breaking the law, who cares right ?

Big brother will be watching, but if its used to catch those breaking the law, who cares right ?

Ha, ha, I spose speed cameras were bought in to catch me exceeding the limit. I can lay claim to one ticket for 61km/h at 6.00am on a Saturday morning on Fanshaw St heading to work. Not saying that is the only time I've broken the limit though. :-)

I really like that idea!

I dont. How about I keep a jerry can in the boot of my car and fill it up and then fill my car from the jerry can? I know its far fetched but id do it just to be wanker, and im sure others would aswell.

I dont. How about I keep a jerry can in the boot of my car and fill it up and then fill my car from the jerry can? I know its far fetched but id do it just to be wanker, and im sure others would aswell.

As I said, you would need a permit to fill up a jerry can or boat etc. Hard to police I know, but I'm sure the powers could come up with something. You'd just about go nuts filling up 5 lires at a time too. At the end of the day, if you drove a car in there, you would need to be fully compliant to get gas. I spose you could park rounfd the corner and walk in. Pain in the arse though. Edited by StylesM5

Anyone caught on illegal street racing, burnouts ...etc. Seize their cars and crush it.

thats a bit rough azz i relly enjoy spining up the wheels now an then i have to admit i have alot of mates who are these so called boy racers an been out to the drags (not my car hahaha) when it is going off most of the people are algud then there are a few who spoil it trying to be heros as for how someone says there heaps of sh*t out there i can honestly say that a evo 12345678 or new skylines and late model subies arent heaps of sh*t most vr4s out there would leave bmws behind in a second im not trying to offend anyone im just coming from the otherside of the agument

also i have seen bimmersport stickered cars out there 2 ,

theres no way of stoping this is only going to get bigger cars are getting faster an everything the are car enthusists to just on a diffrent level

Posted Image

Edited by PBOY

I think most of us at some stage in our life have done the illegals etc etc ... But the big problem I feel isn't the actual illegal drags themselves ... its the stupid moronish street racing in built up public space thats really the issue here.

The think a lot of people miss is that when they race... its the "what if" they dont think about ... "what if that kid on the sidewalk decided to just decides to run out in the middle of the road" ..... etc etc ... and with the amount of street racing thats going on its only a matter of time before another tradgic accident will happen.

these are happening more and more.

Thing is you can take away from this with statements like "You'll never stop it" is if its you that kills someone .. reckon you can live with yourself ?

I couldn't ... so therefore I dont drive like a twat in built up areas .. fullstop .

most vr4s out there would leave bmws behind in a second

nah bro...know for a fact that VR4s arent up to a decent BMW. My brother had a modified AMG Galant VR4 (lightweight version of a VR4, manual gearbox) and he couldnt beat my auto E36 325

Edited by E36 325

I couldn't ... so therefore I dont drive like a twat in built up areas .. fullstop .

Exactly how I feel. I cant stand cities anymore, always worried some nob might prang me

I like Jock's idea. Not to fix the boy racer problem, but that would remove a lot of unsafe vehicles from the road.

Wouldn't be that hard to set up. RFID is cheap these days. Then the pump attendant wouldn't have the ability (where can you find a station that will fill your tank anyway?) or choice.

wrong - I know where you are coming from Jock, but I'm sick of having to get f**king permits every time I want to have fun.

Under Jocks scheme I would need the following:

Permit for my 20l can for filling the rideon.

Permit for about 6 or 7 5 - 20l Jerry cans for lawnmowers, dirtbike, etc.

Permit for my 50l diesel can for the tractor.

Permit for 5 jerry cans for the jeep.

Permit for fizzboat.

Permit for filling up my trailered 4x4.

Permit for our launch.

Plus for those of us with race cars, permits for those.

can you imagine the cost and red tape?? Load of rubbish.

If unwarranted cars are the problem then how about the cops police them more. Most cars killing people in street races have been WOF'd and REG'd. Maybe illigally modified, but they still had a WOF.

Edited by bravo

wrong - I know where you are coming from Jock, but I'm sick of having to get f**king permits every time I want to have fun.

Permit for fizzboat.

Permit for our launch.

If unwarranted cars are the problem then how about the cops police them more. Most cars killing people in street races have been WOF'd and REG'd. Maybe illigally modified, but they still had a WOF.

Yep, get where you're coming from Graham, it would never fly.

Your carbon footprint is far too big by the way!! :D

Permit for fizzboat.

Permit for our launch.

What about your Helicopter ?

I think most of us at some stage in our life have done the illegals etc etc ... But the big problem I feel isn't the actual illegal drags themselves ... its the stupid moronish street racing in built up public space thats really the issue here.

The think a lot of people miss is that when they race... its the "what if" they dont think about ... "what if that kid on the sidewalk decided to just decides to run out in the middle of the road" ..... etc etc ... and with the amount of street racing thats going on its only a matter of time before another tradgic accident will happen.

these are happening more and more.

Thing is you can take away from this with statements like "You'll never stop it" is if its you that kills someone .. reckon you can live with yourself ?

I totaly agree with what your saying most nites when they cruise out in done in industrial areas latenite id hate to hit someone but there just these dicks that go out there who wana get pissed tag an fight the last azac day tuesday night was the best cause it just died off there were fast cars out there including a 10sec road reg gsr/evo but people wernt being idiots i dont agree with it but some are doin things with s little bit of common sense , 1 LAST THING WHY IS IT SO KOOL TO DRIVE UP AN DOWN QUEEN STREET? when we see these people we laugh at them when were heading to the clubs hahahahahahha

Posted Image