Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

Poll: What’s hotter? BMW M3 or Mercedes C63 AMG

Poll: What’s hotter? BMW M3 or Mercedes C63 AMG  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Finally, the 2008 BMW M3’s rival has broken cover. Shown earlier last week, the Mercedes C63 AMG was unveiled ahead of its Frankfurt debut, mostly to distract the attention of the auto enthusiast world that is focused on the launch of the new 2008 BMW M3 in Europe.

Mercedes has always offered more power than the M3. The previous-generation C-Class AMG produced a total of 376 horsepower. The previous-generation BMW M3, on the other hand, developed 333 horsepower. Still the Mercedes C-Class AMG never received much attention due to its boring and dead design. Well now things are about to heat up.

Mercedes is back with its all new and beautifully designed 2008 Mercedes C63 AMG powered by a 6.3 liter V8 engine that produces 451 horsepower with a torque of 443 lb-ft. The car has the ability to do 0-62mph in 4.5 seconds with a top speed of 155mph. The design is just brilliant.

BMW, yet again, offers less power with its 2008 BMW M3’s 4.0 liter V8 engine producing 420 horsepower. The car has a 0-60mph time of 4.8 seconds and a top speed of 155 mph. However, we doubt Mercedes will be able to offer the same agile handling as the BMW M3. It is, after all, the ultimate driving machine.

We’re just wondering what you think is hotter? The 2008 BMW M3 or the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG.

2008 BMW M3 Coupe Gallery (click thumbnails to enlarge):

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

2008 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Gallery:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Beemer is hotter - look at the front of the merc - grill is wrong. That last pic makes it look like a SUV. I really wanted to pic the merc as I think the m3 looks a bit bland, but the merc is just not my taste.

Bonnet and front splitter smacks of Chrysler influence.

Edited by bravo

merc body = oldman car with "tuner" parts glued onto it.

m3 = actually flows

every time I see the M3 i think why did they choose that colour to launch it?!

I'm with bravo on this one, wanted to pick the merc because the M3 is so bland, but the merc didn't do too much for me either

im with josh .. oops voted for the merc though thought it was one of those c class dtm older things..i think they are awesome. but the merc doesnt have that racer look to it

Those wheels on the M3 look terrible- tyres are far too high-profile. And the rear end treatment of the bumper is quite poor. Mercedes is unresolved, especially with a body kit and in silver, looks much better as a base model in a dark colour.

Audi RS4 still wins the looks competition in terms of fast sedans. However, my money's on the Ferrari V8 engined AWD Alfa Romeo 159. It probably won't be the best to drive, but I'll bet it will be the cheapest, rarest, and best looking small super-saloon.

Agree - looks like its clenching its arse cheeks.

rs 4 looks tits. If it weren't for the earlier audis looking so fat-arsed they'd have an almost unblemished style record.

Edited by bravo

Beemer is hotter - look at the front of the merc - grill is wrong. That last pic makes it look like a SUV. I really wanted to pic the merc as I think the m3 looks a bit bland, but the merc is just not my taste.

Bonnet and front splitter smacks of Chrysler influence.

Thought myself it looked very chrysler-like, m3 still wins..

Mercs only look good in black. And thats coming from my Dad who has a black E55 AMG.

After reading tons of reviews about the M3 and a few about the Merc I would pic the Merc. Its something different. But I am not too keen on the front bumper, those little grills annoy me. And I would prefer it if they had the 5.5 Supercharged V8 in the Merc as the 6.3NA is not as quick when comparing other models like the E class AMG. E.g. the 05 model vs the 07 one. 05 is faster.

BMW hands down (I like the "bland" but would term it understated)... Merc looks like an after thought, kit looks too rice.

cheers matt

Tricky. My initial reaction was for the BMW but the more I look at that Merc the more I like it, crap vents aside. It's just a little more defined. That said, I'm now finding it a tad too ostentatious and liking the quiet understatement of the M3. Beemer it is then.

However...

Ferrari V8 engined AWD Alfa Romeo 159. It probably won't be the best to drive, but I'll bet it will be the cheapest, rarest, and best looking small super-saloon.

I was not previously aware of this. I now need to refresh my underwear. And start saving.