Sign in to follow this  
OLLIE

Teen jailed after posting speeding video on internet

Posted Image

A British teenager who recorded himself doing 209kmph in his father's sports car so he could put the pictures on YouTube has been jailed for four months.

His stunt was first spotted by an off-duty policeman in Lancashire and later seen on the internet site.

He filmed himself on his cell phone doing almost twice the legal speed limit.

But the bravado is not confined to Britain YouTube is full of clips of illegal driving from all over the world, including New Zealanders flouting our own road rules.

Police say to mount a successful traffic prosecution they would have to have video evidence that put the offence in context, including a shot of the speedometer, the location, and the person behind the wheel.

YouTube clips seldom have all three.

Reminds me of the tool in that Silver WRX a while back. Hit a tree and stuffed it. His mate uploaded the footage onto google I think. The guy got done for fraud and dangerous driving as he was trying to claim it was stolen..

he could of done something a bit more badass than 209.. meh.

Good thing the Typhoon was filmed on a closed road with professional supervision then ay. :unsure:

Why do Ferarri and Holden drivers always wear their brands livery? Sure I have a BMW jacket, but I save that mostly for wearing at the track to show loyalty there.

That aside, if you are stupid enough to post a vid with enough details on to lead to prosecution you deserve to get caught.

yeah its stupid,,, Why put your speedo plus your voice and your plate as perfect evidence online? make it harder haha

post-271-1184132682_thumb.jpg

See i'm more of the opinion its ghey to post pictures with less than 275 showing on the speedo :D

See i'm more of the opinion its ghey to post pictures with less than 275 showing on the speedo :D

Come on then, where is it?

haha the 100kw tank!