Sign in to follow this  
m325i

What would you get?

What would you get?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

BMW of course, but think of age, reliability and running costs....

M3 or Evo 7, but the evo would cost more to run i imagine, and not be as fun. would be happy with both

Rx7 for older jap?

none of the others appeal a great deal

of course all pale next to the e30 m3 you could get for similar money..

The S2000 is actually way better than people think it is, but just doesnt have the street cred of a 350z aye.

i vote 350z- they may not be super classy, but they are apparently an amazing, and up to date car

I picked the S2000 as I always wanted one.

Red leather on Black paint.

But the list are of a big price range though.

Was a toss up between 350Z and M3 for me. But i went M3, i feel that it would hold its value better for future re-sale.

The top 3 cars are performance cars. The others are posey cars. Nice, but no real performance.

If in future I am buying a personal car, if I couldnt pick a bimmer because they were never invented I would buy a RX7 Series 6, so I voted the RX8 as its closest.

S2000 hands down.

have always wanted one! i think that a 3L V-tech in a nimble little convertible that looks hot and is rare in comparison to all the others would be superb fun to own!

Posted Image

Im not a huge fan of the e36 shape but I would be hard pressed to buy one of the others ahead of the BMW.

The Evo would tempt me though.

Ive had two friends with S2000's and both of them have said that as much fun as they are when your on the limit, they are bloody awful at any other time. One waited 6 months for his to arrive (brand new) from Japan but then sold it after 3 months, he hated it that much.

Im not a huge fan of the e36 shape but I would be hard pressed to buy one of the others ahead of the BMW.

The Evo would tempt me though.

Ive had two friends with S2000's and both of them have said that as much fun as they are when your on the limit, they are bloody awful at any other time. One waited 6 months for his to arrive (brand new) from Japan but then sold it after 3 months, he hated it that much.

would still have to try it for myself. and the S2000 is worth more than the e36 M3 ...

Hondas suk

yeah but ninja's drive hondas.

ollie its a 2L s2000 engine if im not right? no torque, kinda gay

350Z is 280hp ish but looks ugly

RX8 is so so, but not in same league as the M3 or Evo

plus all the other cars are substantially newer than the m3..not really fair!

ollie its a 2L s2000 engine if im not right? no torque, kinda gay

350Z is 280hp ish but looks ugly

RX8 is so so, but not in same league as the M3 or Evo

plus all the other cars are substantially newer than the m3..not really fair!

yeah it's not really fair prices and ages vary too much between the cars.

come to think of it gus your're probably right, it's either 2 or 2.5L, all i know is that it revved out to about 9 or 10 thou and was a plenty powerful unit to have some fun.

Na, i reckon they are all similar price bracket...

s2000 = $25k

Evo 7 = $25-$30k

m3 = $20-$30k (a mint evo is $330)

350z = $30k

RX8 = under $30

s15 = $20k (for a good one)

Given, i haven't looked at all of them in depth but thats my initial impresions of value?

My mate has a dc2 type. Hondas are so bullet proof and the drive is reminiscent of an e30 - raw as.

I could see how it may annoy you as a daily as they aren’t ‘refined’ but they LOVE being bounced off the limiter, and you g33ks know how good being able to bounce of the limiter in a FR is…. yes you do.

Problem is the one in that pic above is like a $40k ‘newer’ version.

Na, i reckon they are all similar price bracket...

s2000 = $25k

Evo 7 = $25-$30k

m3 = $20-$30k (a mint evo is $330)

350z = $30k

RX8 = under $30

s15 = $20k (for a good one)

Given, i haven't looked at all of them in depth but thats my initial impresions of value?

Average prices for these cars currently on trade me:

S2000: Around 31k +

Evo 7: Around 28k +

M3: Around 30k + for a mint one up to 38K for a '99 Evo

350z: Average 35k +

RX8: Average 31k - you won't beleive how many are on trade me at the moment

S15: Right on the mark 20k for a mint one

Not huge amount of price difference, only year differences

(Sorry, too much spare time)

Edited by Nick021

First pick for me would be the M3, followed closely by the s2000. Something appealing about rwd V-tec. I drove one earlier on in the year down in Tarnaki. Felt so crazy revving a engine upto 9k. But also see why people dont like them due to not being 'refined' unlike a M3

S2000. A friend of the family bought one new when they were first launched, in grey metallic with a hardtop and black leather, it still looks fantastically mean. Love the 1980s style digital dash! Great to drive, too- No traction control, so you don't feel like you're being driven by a welfare state. A NZ new, manual S15 200SX would be a nice car but they're just not as special as an S2000. E36 M3s are great cars and exceptionally capable, but they've never excited me.

The 350Z looks too much like it was designed by a wog for my liking, and the RX8 is plain ugly. Last place goes to a car which I hold great contempt for, and whilst I'm sure they're great to drive(except when you have a headache, and in any case you'll get one soon after setting off) -an EVO Mitsubishi just destroys any credibility that you have an upstanding member of the middle classes.

88.5kW/litre or 120hp/litre from a Naturally aspirated motor is not to be sneezed at.

The Supertourer has 150hp/litre and it isn't a daily driver.

I'd buy the M3 as it's a little more practical. But I'd buy the Honda for a week-end car.

Even this is only 88hp/litre.

Edited by Cain

S15 for me. Best bang for buck. FR layout. Massive tuning potential. Thousands of aftermarket parts. Out performs the 350 and RX8. Hard to find a M3 with under 100,000kms and they are getting old. S2000 with big white guy driving it? Poof but nice car. Evo 7, save some money and get better performance and aggresive looks from a Evo 6 or 6.5.