Sign in to follow this  
e30kingpin

Boy racers in there hondas

It seems to be every time I go for a drive i see atleast 1 young guy in a honda doing something stupid!

"TECHing it" through a round-about right behind someone then jaming on the breaks at the last second.

Dodging man holes flush with the road because there car is so low (sooo funny to see)

Racing people at the lights

Im from Hastings. was just wondering if it was just a Hastings thing or if they do it everywere :lol:

Edited by e30kingpin

You are not alone. Cept up in Auckland they drive every kind of car..... but make them all look like hondas :D god damn ricer boys

Point of thread?

I see more tossers in BMWs doing it than Hondas.

^^^^^^^ couldn't be more true.

Esp. those in late model 5, 6 series and the v8 X5s

^^^ true story, middle aged business men are worse.

Do I fall into that demographic? I hope so/not. :D

It's the same as someone rocking up behind under boost, or heavy accel.. It's just because they make a funny noise we judge them - it's because they are different.

There will be retards in every brand of car anywhere and everywhere doing stupid sh*t.

The only 'marque' related driving offences I've seen that are actually consistant are elderly in Suzuki's or Daihatsu's driving too slow.

There will be retards in every brand of car anywhere and everywhere doing stupid sh*t.

Yeah exactly.

Personally though I find the retarded hoody wearing rotor in a DX corolla being obnoxiously loud, even at idle, alot more annoying.

The thing i find it funny is most of the riced up Honda accords and integras and civic with big mags and all the crap on them have totally farked engines! They have "vteced out of the carpark" so many times there rings are totally shot and they smoke like a train. Most of the done up Hondas around here in Tauranga smoke to the days!

Yeah exactly.

Personally though I find the retarded hoody wearing rotor in a DX corolla being obnoxiously loud, even at idle, alot more annoying.

rotors=classic

very noisey but i love it ,very fun cars i will soon own one(rx7) had a mate with a rx323 fully done up only problem they suck way too much gas and over heat

hahaha hoody ? yeh i agree sayin mazdab8tor or madazz hahahahaha

each to there own

each to there own

you geeks need to realise that your stock non m BMW will get eaten by your mate in the ricey Vtec...

you geeks need to realise that your stock non m BMW will get eaten by your mate in the ricey Vtec...

now thats an assumption

rotors=classic

very noisey but i love it ,very fun cars i will soon own one(rx7) had a mate with a rx323 fully done up only problem they suck way too much gas and over heat

hahaha hoody ? yeh i agree sayin mazdab8tor or madazz hahahahaha

each to there own

each to there own

Go the Rotary.

WTF kinda cooling he using?My mates 323 goes nuts and never overheats,just battery falls out and battery acid eats away at polished housings.LAME.

I also like the people that try to think their cars are really low by driving over judderbars slowly,on an angle,not scraping anything by miles, and then bouncing in their seat to try show its really low.

Yeah im not a fan of boy racer honda's

no my bmw is not an M and it is slow for a 2000cc car.

No matter what else i drive nothing gives the satisfaction like the bmw does unless its well sorted Datsun/Nissan ZX which sounds grunty and drives like its on rails.

I will take a classic car over HP anyday of the week for me ! But if you expand on the Hoody Dx corolla thing you forgot to mention the desprung cars which the doors wont open because the whole car is all out of shape.

But a nice rotor car sounds so good on song

It seems to be every time I go for a drive i see atleast 1 young guy in a honda doing something stupid!

"TECHing it" through a round-about right behind someone then jaming on the breaks at the last second.

Dodging man holes flush with the road because there car is so low (sooo funny to see)

Racing people at the lights

Im from Hastings. was just wondering if it was just a Hastings thing or if they do it everywere :lol:

I agree. The honder fags round here (Hastings) are complete f**wits!

stupid and dangerous. to prove my point that idiot who smashed into that bridge @ 180ks a couple of weeks ago was driving a honder, and the Integra that ended up in a tree, just to name a couple.

maybe if they could see past their hoods and over their steering wheels they might b a bit better off, but then again their AGS (angle grinder suspension) will still let them down

maybe this should be in the h8 thread

My 2cs

The trouble with many of the boy racer types is they go for appearance 1st - so they put the big chromies on the car - forgetting they are increasing unsprung weight. They then put the cheapest rubber they can on, as they spent all their money on the wheels. A big exhaust of course - who caresif the back pressure is buggered up and the car actually perfroms worse - it's now LOUD - must be fast aye. Lowering is the other must do - and cutting the srpings is a cheap way to go. Putting some backout crap on the lights is another winner, as is a bigger intercooler and turbo blow off valve. For the VTEC Honda guys it's a VTEC controller, fake type R badges etc. The POS sounds with a single note sub woofer, and wind the windows down - everyone needs to hear their poor taste in music. Damn, I almost forgot - the need for lots of guages - and blue neon lights - cool! The big must do when driving as described POS is to lay the seat back so only the top of the hoody shows, and they have to peer out though the rims of their sterring wheel. Now give the fingers to anyone as they;

-make unsignalled lane changes,

-tailgate

-text while driving

-fail to indicate when turning right at intersections

-pass on blind corners

-speed past schools

-leave their car running at 3am on a Sunday morning outside someone elses house (yes I do know where you live - 4 houses up with mum and dad - can't leave the car running outside thier house as you pash our girlfriend can we!)

-block people from passing

-weave across lanes

-drink while driving

-dump empty Maccas from the window as driving

-drive without the propper licence (and rear end people putting them in hospital when they can't stop coz "I never tired to stop in rain like that before man, - sorry aye")

-do burnouts (on residential streets)

-pour diesel on streets, ruining the surface (to do burnouts)

Watch them on the news as they throw bottles and hurl abuse those who are trying to save the lives of their 'pissed as' mates who have just crashed their POS.

BTW; A genuine Accord Euro Type R or Integra Type R - standard - are damn fine handling and perfroming cars. Don't blame the cars for the dickwads who buy and screw them up!

Edited by jimbo

hehe .. I have a non M and I dont have trouble with them ? :D

The trouble with many of the boy racer types is they go for appearance 1st - so they put the big chromies on the car - forgetting they are increasing unsprung weight. They then put the cheapest rubber they can on, as they spent all their money on the wheels. A big exhaust of course - who caresif the back pressure is buggered up and the car actually perfroms worse - it's now LOUD - must be fast aye. Lowering is the other must do - and cutting the srpings is a cheap way to go. Putting some backout crap on the lights is another winner, as is a bigger intercooler and turbo blow off valve. For the VTEC Honda guys it's a VTEC controller, fake type R badges etc. The POS sounds with a single note sub woofer, and wind the windows down - everyone needs to hear their poor taste in music. Damn, I almost forgot - the need for lots of guages - and blue neon lights - cool! The big must do when driving as described POS is to lay the seat back so only the top of the hoody shows, and they have to peer out though the rims of their sterring wheel. Now give the fingers to anyone as they;

-make unsignalled lane changes,

-tailgate

-text while driving

-fail to indicate when turning right at intersections

-pass on blind corners

-speed past schools

-leave their car running at 3am on a Sunday morning outside someone elses house (yes I do know where you live - 4 houses up with mum and dad - can't leave the car running outside thier house as you pash our girlfriend can we!)

-block people from passing

-weave across lanes

-drink while driving

-dump empty Maccas from the window as driving

-drive without the propper licence (and rear end people putting them in hospital when they can't stop coz "I never tired to stop in rain like that before man, - sorry aye")

-do burnouts (on residential streets)

-pour diesel on streets, ruining the surface (to do burnouts)

Watch them on the news as they throw bottles and hurl abuse those who are trying to save the lives of their 'pissed as' mates who have just crashed their POS.

BTW; A genuine Accord Euro Type R or Integra Type R - standard - are damn fine handling and perfroming cars. Don't blame the cars for the dickwads who buy and screw them up!

Well said mate, well said. Totally in agrement.

On a side note, Did any of you see motorway patrol last night?

1 bloke had 32k in fines and all he could say was "fcuk the police" that 32k could be a dam good deposit on a house, but he would rather waste it driving his POS around getting tickets every couple of hours!!!

Anyway thats my rant!

Im sure it happens everywhere, But the 'Honda thing' round hastings is definately annoying.

I live just off Southhampton St and hear them "TEC" all the way out up2 3rd gear at all hours of the night, must b doin at least 80+KPH. Must admit its not just the hondas, but theres defineately far too many of 'em round here for my liking. :angry:

Ok, heres a different view...

Sure, hondas have their share of their idiot drivers, with distatesful mods... Same goes for any other car. The rant about honda drivers up there could easily be swapped for any brand

For instance, what about all the tossers in an E30 318i, running around on 18 inch chromes weighing a huge amount, spoiling the handling and slowing accelleration and in my opinion looking pretty awful. Then theres the chopped springs, bouncing all over the rd bad sounds etc etc. Exactly your scenario but swap the car and brand.

Likewise, the dickwads running around in 1987 FX GTs, who can "destroy" anything 0-60kmh off a traffic light, big wheels, chopped springs, fart can exhaust etc etc again...

Or an old 323 wagon, piled with mates same scenario, same mods....

What I'm trying to say is why point the finger at a brand, when its obviously the same type of people being antisocial, not one brand or type of car.

I notice no one has given an example of Hondas that don't fit that stereotype... Well here you go.

I used to have a 1997 Type R Integra, I did a few basic mods (purely for a performance increase) including Koni shocks, Advan Neova AD05/06 tyres, lightweight (5.3kg per wheel) wheels, cat back exhaust with a Mugen twinloop muffler (QUIETEST muffler you can get) and brake pad upgrade. Good enough for 1.26 around Manfeild with me (novice driver) at the wheel. Dynoed with just an intake it pulled 134 kW @ 8200 rpm. Doesn't really fit into the "cut spring" and "mod for looks catergory" ?

Not all honda drivers are dropkicks.... But they have their fair share of idiots. I just think its immature to pick on one brand.

Edited by West