Sign in to follow this  
e30kingpin

Boy racers in there hondas

Yay - it's the annual Honda bashing thread.....

I was wondering when it was going to show up again in its newest guise.

It starts to sound a lot like a broken record the 4th time around.

Cheers

Grant

Dodging man holes flush with the road because there car is so low (sooo funny to see)

I do that. Esp when some ppl on this site have been pwnd!!!111!!! by some of these. Stories like this encorage me to participate in this activity. Plus it makes me more aware my surroundings while driving which is always a good thing.

Yay - it's the annual Honda bashing thread.....

I was wondering when it was going to show up again in its newest guise.

It starts to sound a lot like a broken record the 4th time around.

Nothing wrong with bashing sterotype's Grant. I never get sick of bashing this group of drivers. Hastings is always fun to drive round. Apart from the lack of landmarks around which make it a tad more difficult to navigate.

For instance, what about all the tossers in an E30 318i, running around on 18 inch chromes ....

....I used to have a 1997 Type R Integra,

Totally agree - 8 degrees of negative camber at the back isn't cool whether its an E30 or a Civic. Bashing Hondas as a stereotype sucks.

My dirty little secret is that I drive a Civic every day. I love it. Gotta be the best car I've ever owned, and certainly for the price. It's a '95 EG Civic, bilstein coilovers, 220hp (140wkw) Prelude engine (and brakes), sub 5kg wheels - fast, handles well and reliable. It wasn't expensive and parts are cheap and readily available. No ricey bits (OK, carbon bonnet, not my choice it came on the car) - they aren't compulsory.

It is only a Civic, it lacks class, but TBH I don't care.

hehe .. I have a non M and I dont have trouble with them ? :D

hehe

I agree that there are a lot of idiots around the Hawkes Bay driving stupidly, illegally modified Hondas, but as has been highlighted above, the same goes for almost every brand of vehicle - I saw a non turbo Subaru Legacy station wagon recently that was obviously on bump stops, shoddy tint job that had bubbled up really badly and when he accelerated it became apparent that he didn’t have anything in the way of a muffler - it sounded terrible and had smoke coming out from under the rear bumper. Maybe after a long trip a coroner would be able to rule it an involuntary suicide due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

I was at my mates shed the other day and this guy pulled up in a 1990 Mitsi Lancer - it was painted matt black with a spray can, had a WRX front bumper and a space saver on the front. It had a fart can exhaust and smoked more than my diesel 4x4 pulling a loaded car trailer up a hill. The driver had the same seating postion as has been described above and when he left informed us that he was going to do us a "sick skid bro" which actually seemed to be more clutch than anything, so he took off up the road, turned around and made a point of ripping the hand brake up as he went back past.

The actions of this knob jockey have made him on of my personal heros. I am going to sell my E36, sell my truck and buy one of them Lancers so I can be the man too!

I like Honda - don't blame Honda for the dickwads that buy and abuse them.

My list of Hondas in the reverse order of when I sold them. They have all (with the exception of the Accord 2.0Si) been reliable and most have been above average in temrs of dynamic ability, power, and economy for their time.

1996 Honda Odyssey 4WD - K&N filter, Big Bore, 17" Koya Inox 4 wheels (for sale - bought to replace Subaru GT

wagon which was a find handling powerful unreliable POS)

2001 Honda CBR1100XX - Sold to buy BMW 740i

1991 Honda Legend 3.2 litre V6 (sold to buy 1996 BMW 323 Coupe)

1991 Honda Prelude VTiR (sold to buy Subaru GT Wagon)

1993 Honda Accord 2.2 EXi (Sold to buy Prelude)

1986 Honda Accord 2.0Si (DOHC Jap Import - traded on NZ new Accord as Honda unable to fix gearbox problems -in & out of car 4 times!)

1989 Honda Accord 2.0 EXI (New - Sold to buy Honda CBR1000F and a Subaru 4WD)

1989 Honda Civic LX (New - sold after 6 months as it was carp compared to an Accord)

1987 Honda Accord 2.0 LX (New)

1996 Honda Accord 2.0 LX (New - wrtten off day of 8000km service)

1994 Honda Accord 1.8 LX (New - went 1/2 with brother after he sold his Rover V8 and crashed my trusty Datsun 120Y)

Edited by jimbo

you geeks need to realise that your stock non m BMW will get eaten by your mate in the ricey Vtec...

The only reason u would fall behind is to get out of the smoke thats pouring out of their exhaust!!!

The biggest dick I've seen drivng in the last couple of weeks was a guy who spun his car turning right onto SHW2 from Harbour View. Looked very embarrassed.

There was lots of smoke -from his tyres.

It was a black E30 BMW - anyone here? :rolleyes:

you geeks need to realise that your stock non m BMW will get eaten by your mate in the ricey Vtec...

hehe

;)

Its funny how many people think BMW's are slow. The 318 importation has really given the marque a bad rep in the perfomance car communities.

best thing i've seen a few months back was and still is;

guys cutting the centre out of the front bumper and buying the biggest intercool off trademe and sticking it in there.

COOL. engine is still N/A. probably got the PHEEEEFT noises dubbed onto tape to play back when 'dragging' off their mates.

now that i have a snail under the bonnet i do feel like i'm 18 again.i love the whistle of the fins winding up.and the bov doing its thing.its gonna take awhile before i growup :lol: .that or a large object getting in my way

330's arent slow, but WRX's aren't fast either...

STI on the other hand...

330's arent slow, but WRX's aren't fast either...

STI on the other hand...

STI's are mutually exlusive with keeping a licence. Test drove a 2 door coupe STI some years back, I still grin when I remember that ride. However I still cringe when I remember what the speedo was reading when i slowed down to pass a cyclist - it felt like I was doing about 90kph. For a japanese car the STI is a fine example.

I still hate the ones where some dork has modified the hell out of them; basically added thousands in useless crap and as a result lowered the value, lowered the performance, and lowered the reliability of the car.

haha, funny thread. very amusing everyones stereotypical outlook on various drivers. plenty of half truths. its usually the young drivers that are attracted to the vtec coz turbo's are too expensive to insure so they get the next best thing. not to mention they're cheap as chips to buy now too.

i drive an integra at the moment, 1.8 vtec manual, stock standard (apart from pod filter) im married with kids so aint about to put chromes on it (actually i think they look better factory standard) still, i drive it like I stole it. I dont think i've ever driven without red-lining it - only because I can :lol: they are insanely quick for what they are and handle exceptionally well. on the other hand its getting old and has done high km's, I've treated it pretty rough and would be lucky to get $1500 for it :lol: anyways i think i get to have my say here moreso because im now looking at a bmw :D

so why the change? well quite simply i've always wanted a bmw. they're alot more sophisticated than your regular rice rocket, bang for buck not as good IMO but then its outweighed by quality german engineering, a strong, solid vehicle with doors that thud when you close them rather than twang :lol: much smoother driving and they (thankfully) no longer have the wanker image that was associated with them 5-10 years ago.

just my 10 cents worth

oh, and if you wanna see fast, then check out the speedo on the Suzuki Hayabusa motorbike...

Insane!

Edited by chimera

oh, and if you wanna see fast, then check out the speedo on the Suzuki Hayabusa motorbike...

pfffft motorbikes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfvUMs_NshQ

;)

nah welcome mate .. If you can afford it, grab a e36 with the m3 kit already on it saves you spending quite a bit later on as youll want to go that direction.

still, i drive it like I stole it. I dont think i've ever driven without red-lining it - only because I can :lol:

I agree - pretty much all Honda's love to be thrashed, and red lined. Just remember to feed them regular good oil. One of the most fun cars I've driven in recent years was the Type S Inegra (the Type R replacement here in NZ). The other was the new SHAWD Legend - about the same KW as a 4.4 litre V8, pity most people will never drive it like it was inteneded - but if you do - wow! I may pick one up in a couple of years when it's depreciated to my budget <_< And yes I love Honda's.

Eh, only 330km/hr? looked like a nifty fifty racing beside him :lol: the hayabusa would have got to 390km/hr turned around and got back before the guy got his car outta park ;)

nah welcome mate .. If you can afford it, grab a e36 with the m3 kit already on it saves you spending quite a bit later on as youll want to go that direction.

cheers. yeah looking around still. some real dick@#$ car dealers around. sure i've made a few lowish offers but if they counter offered rather than got arrogant about it i would have moved up and they would have got themselves a deal :D ah well there loss, its certainly a buyers market

Eh, only 330km/hr? looked like a nifty fifty racing beside him :lol: the hayabusa would have got to 390km/hr turned around and got back before the guy got his car outta park ;)

cheers. yeah looking around still. some real dick@#$ car dealers around. sure i've made a few lowish offers but if they counter offered rather than got arrogant about it i would have moved up and they would have got themselves a deal :D ah well there loss, its certainly a buyers market

yeah but he to chuck a turbo on it to do it :P m6 ala natural.

just poking fun :D

Yeah it certainly is a buyers market, My advise if I may be so forward is to look around, learn the shapes and face lift vs non face lift. White/clear indicators, side markers, wheels etc etc

Jump on other site around the world too.

you may be paying a few more grand for that car with the m3 kit and leather seats but it means you wont have to do it all later on and will save you big $$$. Its not easy to get the parts by themselves second hand.

Also consider the auto vs manual thing. Lots of guys switch to manual down the track.

yeah mate all good :D

as much as manuals are fun my left thigh is twice as big as the right from sitting in auckland traffic over the years so im pretty much over manuals. i also get enough steak in my diet so arent too fussed with the leather either.

been looking at go-fast bits at various sites around the world and the massive hoard of shiney chromey wanky bits on trademe :D was looking at two pics of silver 323's couldnt work out why one looked sharp the other looked like my nana should be driving it til (my wife :D ) noticed the clear indicators and side lights and the flash as front. big difference on the looks

i guess im just hoping i dont get the bmw bug - although it looks like its too late for that. at the moment im googling things like "bmw 1 series v8 conversion", "series 1 genocide" and "shrimp my ride" :lol: oh that was low, not to diss any series 1 owners but,... dear god what were bmw thinking.

i think the wife was wondering why i was browsing images of bmw's naked. the hard part will be letting her know im selling the house and moving her and the kids into a backpackers hostel just so i can buy a limited edition 2007 m6 convertible :D

sweet :)

yeah steer away from the "ebay" catalog on trademe.

One thing youll learn about BMW's is there is nothing better than OEM parts. because BMW employeed the M program so many years ago, parts have been developed to a high standard and styling you'll find OEM is best.

Wheels wise, its too easy to fall into the trap of malaysian junk wheels.

Your mods will go something like this.

Wheels (BBS etc etc) / springs (maybe coilovers if ya can jutify)

Exhaust (euro style not the RPS ketzel sterling special(s) *shudders* ) / intake

Bodykit

BMW OEM Euro white/clears

"angel eyes" / xenon headlights

Sway bars upgrade

Interior (with leather you never go back)

Other suspension components (camber tops / bushes etc etc)

LSD / ratio upgrade

m3 brake /aftermarket upgrade

Cams (if non vanos)

Headers

Intake upgrade

Manual conversion

Lightned flywheel / knife edge crank / bored and stroked to 3.1 ltr / higher compression.

Or go the m50 turbo option (really need a manual for this)

Welcome to your next 4 years :D