Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

Anyone have iPhone?

I have an 8GB -

was updated with 1.1.1 firmware when purchased (FTL)

Have hacked about 3 1.0.2+ phones and it's piss easy.

No way to unlock 1.1.1 for now.

Visit My Website

Are you buying them off ebay or something?

I'm serioulsy considering one.

I mean, it almost pays for its self if you sell you phone and ipod.

Any NZ specific problems? Are you happy overall?

The interface is very slick, and the screen is sick. The size is a little large, but thiness is good. Since the screen takes up almost the whole thing, if the next version comes out and is smaller you will loose screen size, so i wouldnt feel so bad about it.

Edited by Nick G

Im buying one soon, after seeing one at work today a guy has, look a lot better than in pics too. hows the battery life? turbo sim?

Guest Rick James

I have an 8GB -

was updated with 1.1.1 firmware when purchased (FTL)

Have hacked about 3 1.0.2+ phones and it's piss easy.

No way to unlock 1.1.1 for now.

Parallel imported will do it for a nominal fee, or for free if you bought it from them (rip off)

They say they no longer sells the iPhone because of the 1.1.1 firmware. It was on front page of Retailers News.

Back to the phone, personally I think it's over-rated. Surely it's good looking, camera is great, screen is excellent. But the phone part of it sucks. No PXT, no WAP (HTTP is ok), ringtone is too soft if you are gonna keep that in your pocket. And Apple is making it hard for 3rd party app to be developed for iPhone. Oh, the on screen QWERTY keyboard is not exactly "thumb-friendly" for one-hand-use. Number pad for the phone is not bad though.

I borrowed one last week, but after having it for a night, it wasn't right for me. I would rather have a iPod Touch (which is essentially iPhone - Phone - Bluetooth) + a mobile phone.

Edited by my_e36

Anyone know where i can buy one? I did see the 1200$ one at paralle imported, but bit too much than what i want to pay for it..............

I have an iPOD Touch. It's awesome. I'll wait until the iPhone is released here before considering buying it. But so far. It's looking very likely.

Just had the iMac delivered today.

Windows sucks!

i have an iphone

here and one when i live in america with my dad

they are not worth buying in new zealand unit they come out (if they do)

but most the great programes do not work in new zealand just as yet.

but in america they are heck of a mean phone so the best

matt

Why - I can do everything with our hacked iphones you can do in America (except visual voicemail).

I'm now delving into a way to down grade the baseband and modem back to 1.0.2 version. I think it will be better than hacking 1.1.1 firmware.

ibrick, lol

I'm not ibricked -

Have done the dev-teams latest beta 1.1.1 jailbreak - worked a treat. Activated, jailbreaked but still no unlock for 1.1.1

I'm not ibricked -

Have done the dev-teams latest beta 1.1.1 jailbreak - worked a treat. Activated, jailbreaked but still no unlock for 1.1.1

Did you ditch your "new' Nokia?

UNLOCKED WITH FIRMWARE 1.1.1 GO IPHONESIMFREE TEAM!

Hello

Looking to buy an iphone.

Andrew, where did you get yours from?

Assume the unlock is pretty simple to do?

Do you charge through the usb cradle or did you find a charger for it?

Thanks!

I thought it would be kinda cool. But every Apple product I have had has died. All under warranty which is lucky. But still a massive inconvenience. I just dont trust the Apple brand. And I rely to much on the use of my phone.

Whats the battery life on these things like anyway?

Hello

Looking to buy an iphone.

Andrew, where did you get yours from?

Assume the unlock is pretty simple to do?

Do you charge through the usb cradle or did you find a charger for it?

Thanks!

Any iCharger with a standard USB outlet will charge it.

iTunes latest breaks the way I used to hack it. 1.1.2 bricks the phone again.

Hack is simple when you know how.

I thought it would be kinda cool. But every Apple product I have had has died. All under warranty which is lucky. But still a massive inconvenience. I just dont trust the Apple brand. And I rely to much on the use of my phone.

Whats the battery life on these things like anyway?

Never broken an Apple product - right from low end stuff like ipods to their high end server gear.

Batt life is ages - we watched 4 episodes of top gear on the TV (from the phone) before it died.

Lasts days when not using it like that.

well i just bought 2 from the US, not sure what version, fingers crossed we can get them working

new nokia 6300= awesome simple mans phone

Nokia 6300 FTW

Hi Andrew

Looking at getting an iphone. The V1.12 phone i can find is 100$ more expensive than the V1.00 one.

So thinking whether to get the V1.00 and update the firmware and attempt to unlock it myself. Cant be bothered to be honest, but it is a 100$ difference and any updates in the future i would have to unlock anyway.

Where did you get the instructions to unlock it from? A web link would be awesome! And you need wireless internet at home to unlock it?

Thanks.

Hi Andrew

Looking at getting an iphone. The V1.12 phone i can find is 100$ more expensive than the V1.00 one.

So thinking whether to get the V1.00 and update the firmware and attempt to unlock it myself. Cant be bothered to be honest, but it is a 100$ difference and any updates in the future i would have to unlock anyway.

Where did you get the instructions to unlock it from? A web link would be awesome! And you need wireless internet at home to unlock it?

Thanks.

iPhones cost 399 USD - there should be no price differences in any firmware versions.

It is very easy to unlock.