Sign in to follow this  
jjs

Am I missing something here?

Nah thats a proper one, they were a pretty limited run i think.... with proper mods

Holy sh*t that engine would go! id say 8990 would be to cheap?? what an awful colour though..

Holy sh*t that engine would go! id say 8990 would be to cheap?? what an awful colour though..

Awful spoiler too

I was being slightly sarcastic.

It just amazes me how much people think these old buckets are worth. You could get a real classic like a E39 M5, E30 M3 etc with change to spare!

I guess at the end of the day, cars are like a stamp collection - worth only what the next buyer is willing to pay for them.

Those holdens are almost up there with GTHO falcons for collectability..... (seriously)

was the only colour they came in i think

Just sent him this email

"I think there is a typo in your ad. You have one too many zero's on the price."

The 3 spoke alloys make it worth only $9k on their own.

they are really rare cars, i remember when they came out, i thought it was pretty cool haha not now

Yea i've seen that on trademe for ages and the price has never been dropped.

Deffinately not the nicest looking car either.

Aza

Found this on wikipedia

"In 1996, a limited edition flagship GTS-R was created which came standard with the 5.7 litre V8, Tremec T56 six-speed transmission and Hydratrak LSD package. Available only in a polarising bright yellow colour (known as "XU-3 Yellah") with carbon fibre inserts and large rear wing, the GTS-R engine could be blueprinted for more power. 85 GTS-Rs were produced. "

I would think the SC would detract from its originality though and therefore reduce its value.

The seller emailed me back all defensive.

"You have no idea what kind of car it is and we have had offers over $70000 for it. Please keep your un-knowledgeable comments to yourself."

Fair enough I spose. What it says is that he needs more info in his ads if he wants to stop time wasters like me.

"You have no idea what kind of car it is and we have had offers over $70000 for it. Please keep your un-knowledgeable comments to yourself."

Yeah it never ceases to amaze me.

I met a dipshit last year who bought a new HSV GTO Monaro in 2006 and has locked it up in a shed, as one day it is going to be a "very desirable classic worth lots of money"...

Yeah it never ceases to amaze me.

I met a dipshit last year who bought a new HSV GTO Monaro in 2006 and has locked it up in a shed, as one day it is going to be a "very desirable classic worth lots of money"...

Hes got another thing coming

Here's a story.

My old man had a good eye for cars when he was alive. In 1973 he bought Jim Richards ex 1972 XY Ph3 GTHO for $4000 (a sh*t load of money back then, I think he mortgaged us kids to do it!). He was constantly hounded by a guy in Invercargill to sell it to him so did in 1981 for $29,000. With the proceeds he bought a 1966 330GT Ferrari for $32,000. That car got sold back to the UK 5 years ago for $100,000.

The irony is that the GTHO would now be worth over $500,000 if the buyer back in 1981 didn't turn it into a ball within a month of taking ownership. Dipshit!

Cant believe this noob painted his alpina's black! trademe

BMW Alpina 520i? I never knew such thing existed.

The original importer probably swapped the compliance officer a cheeky doz to have Alpina on the reg sticker...

the dash still looks like a commydoor..90 000 sheesh could have a e 60 550 for that,or imaculate e 39 M5 for less

the dash still looks like a commydoor..90 000 sheesh could have a e 60 550 for that,or imaculate e 39 M5 for less

You could have 2 E39 M5's for that money

There are a few copies around ... with wooden spoilers .. (yes wood)

A person I use to know had one .. and would stop preaching it ... I just couldn't understand.

Mind you I have only just got the missus to understand the difference between an e30 m3 and a m325.

each to their own