Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

2000 E39 528 Touring

Next step....the rear suspension. Its taken a while since I got the front springs in but good things come to those that wait :)

After a fair amount of research and trying various things I finally found out that all I needed to do for the rear was to get it to someone with the Modic software and have the computer lower the rear !

Unfortunately the only place in Wellington was Jeff Gray. Anyway thats another story that Ill explain later. So it went in yesterday and here are the first shots. When it was hooked up to the computer it immediately said it was too high and it adjusted itself automatically but I still wasnt happy with the height so I got them to take another 10mm off.

When I get to work Ill take some more shots at the car park to compare with the others on this thread but I got these two for now. Im pretty pleased with the difference I have to say.

Overall its come down around 30-35mm and Im well happy with the difference.

post-116-1234992310_thumb.jpg post-116-1234992322_thumb.jpg

here's what it used to look like

post-116-1234992514_thumb.jpg

and a final one of it to match the others

post-116-1235431203_thumb.jpg

Edited by Penry

Guest Simon*

Nice Martyn - I like the height. Does it handle ok? Hope you haven't gone pure aesthetics and sacrificed ride

sh*t my wheels look good on your car too :)

The ride is much stiffer in the rear now and although I was really interested in the aesthetics of the drop I didnt want to sacrifice the handling or ride at all. Lets not forget its a touring not a race car !

I can really feel the size of the rear tyres now too, it really sticks when you give it some around the corners ;)

I spoke with Keith for a long time about it months ago and the Vogtland springs are only a subtle drop to the front. Everything Ive read about the rear has said I can get away with a 30mm drop with no problems for the original shocks so Im happy.

Oh and thanks need to Gavin at Euro Italian for getting me the lock covers. Ive had little success getting them from anyone else but he said he had a contact overseas and true enough they arrived six weeks later.

It makes all the difference having the ugly locks covered up.

Perfect height Martyn. Good stuff.

Perfect height Martyn. Good stuff.

was about to say that