Sign in to follow this  
jjs

TradeMe - things that aggrivate me!

Haha, I have my mobile # in my profile under "favourite quote". I just point people there!

Mine was too & I did - until they pinged me & removed it, B...tards!

What are you guys take on Pickups?

Personally, I don't like buyer come around to pickup for cheap items, like item sold for $50 or under and the buyer don't want to spend extra $4-6 dollars to have them posted (and they live a good 20 minutes drive away, which one would spend the same amount on petrol anyway).

More.....

Support is sh*t.

Moderators (if there is one) don't come down hard on those that use excessive keywords or list in wrong category

Fees are high (althogh still cheaper than live auctions (which fees are up to 15%))

Too many business traders list identical items for 20 times that ends within an hour.

List of category has not been updated to reflect the market (especially for electronic goods)

These are users fault than TradeMe's fault (this is where moderator will comes in handy)

Every second 3-series BMW is a M3 somehow.

Every second Civic/Integra is a Type-R somehow.

You search for cars under $6000 and you have cars worth $12000 coming up (user selected the wrong value for their car)

People list Tiptronics as Manual, SMG as Auto

Sh*t photos (some are so bad that make my old camera phone's photo looks like a museum masterpiece)

Non-existent description (Car dealers are the worst on this one)

Start prices that are miles away from the reserve.

BTW theyre not autions, theyre competitive tenders.

• Only 1 tosser did it to me but damn I'd like to rip the nasty git a new one! This seems to be how feedback works making it worthless!

I had some fun recently with an absolute tosser I sold something to. Refused to pay, accused me of being misleading in my ad and then proceeded to abuse me.

A mate taught me a great trick to get revenge when all you have is an email address. Google free newsletters and cut and paste the wankers email address as many times as you see fit in the squillions of newsletters that pop. The only practicable solution is to send heaps of emails individually unsubscribing for each mailing list for them to get a new email address :)

Too many business traders list identical items for 20 times that ends within an hour.

Ahhh but this one I like. If there is more than one item ending at the same time if you play the game right you end up spreading everyones interest and you get the item for a much lower price than if you were all bidding on the same one.

As for pickups, if its a small item then I will only meet people in town I dont want them at my house either. Ive only once let someone come to my place and that was for a tv which I wasnt bloody carrying everywhere !

My Personal Hate List

1. People asking for a Buy Now - If I wanted to have one, I would have listed it with one!

See I dont get this one ... you want to sell the item right ? .. well an action can work two ways. If you want to sell it.. it some what becomes the sellers gamble that they wont get much more money. But if you have a willing buyer and you get your thought of price then whats the problem?

9/10 I have purchsed stuff from trade me I have established email contact with the seller and bought it outright .. Its what I wanted and I wanted it bad enough to pay the requesters full price.

Everyones happy ?

not my fault other bidders didnt think of it first ...

People that have their mates bumping up their $1 auctions when there is F all bids. This really gets to me.

This is so obvious in some auctions. e.g Auction is just about to close at $63. Bang someone that bids on all the other users auctions bumps the price to $150 and it doesn't sell.

If you wanted fricken $150 for it, make that its reserve!

This is a free market, I should be able to list what ever price I wanted to list, be it $5 or $100 more than the retail shop, if you are not interested or think the price is too high, simple, just click the Back button and walk away, but no .. you have to say something like " da da da is selling the same item for $xxx" or "I can get this at da da da for $xxx"

If you can get it at what ever price you say you can, go and get it, I don't need to know.

Anyway, anyone who posts similar comments on my auctions will be forwarded to Trademe team, the question gets deleted and the member will be blacklisted.

I've had 3 members blacklisted for this reason already :P

Anyway, anyone who posts similar comments on my auctions will be forwarded to Trademe team, the question gets deleted and the member will be blacklisted.

I've had 3 members blacklisted for this reason already :P

I've thought about this a bit, but not sure if it would work.

TradeMe must get hundreds of complaints (mostly petty) about traders everyday. It must be some poor bastards job to sift through them all.

But, do you think TradeMe really cares?

I note they do pull auctions listing counterfeit items and block traders with really bad feedback, but do you think they can be bothered with complaints about questions that people ask (unless they are offensive or trying to subvert the auction process)?

I note they do pull auctions listing counterfeit items....

Now thats what you'd think, but there isnt a single Arsenal Football shirt on trademe thats genuine but they dont get pulled. Some of them are just the skankiest copies youve ever seen in your life and they still dont get pulled.

Ive complained about one or two of them who have claimed for them to be genuine when they clearly arent (bits missing etc) and nothing has been done about the auction at all.

But then that agrees with your earlier point that some poor sap goes through them all and they are bound to not be bothered by a certain amount.

haha this was a classic!!!

I bought a cheap $49 entertainment unit from the warehouse about three years ago, then $1 reserved it when I didn't need it any more. Went for $78 in the end, and then I saw the EXACT same item in a warehouse flyer a week later for $49. They guy who bought it was stoked!! It's not my problem if you can't be bothered getting off your a$#e and finding the true value of something]

Edited by zenetti

I've thought about this a bit, but not sure if it would work.

TradeMe must get hundreds of complaints (mostly petty) about traders everyday. It must be some poor bastards job to sift through them all.

They do, every time I asked them to remove those questions, they do it within 48 hours. :)

people texting dumb things like . I WANT TO BUY YOUR SPRINGS BRO WHATS THE LOWEST AS IM LIKE BROKE, CAN YOU DROP THEM OFF FOR NO EXTRA CHARGE , CAN PUT THEM IN FOR FREE , WOULD YOU SWAP A TV , WILL IT FIT MY 190E ............................ALL FOR SPRINGS

I had some fun recently with an absolute tosser I sold something to. Refused to pay, accused me of being misleading in my ad and then proceeded to abuse me.

A mate taught me a great trick to get revenge when all you have is an email address. Google free newsletters and cut and paste the wankers email address as many times as you see fit in the squillions of newsletters that pop. The only practicable solution is to send heaps of emails individually unsubscribing for each mailing list for them to get a new email address :)

I had a similar thing happen to me except the guy blamed his younger brother offered to pay but never coughed up the cash and just to add insult to injury he sticks a unhappy face on my site and a whole lot of Bull Sht!

#"":!!!*** Prick!

Guys like this should be taken out of the gene pool! :ph34r:

Cheap arse f**ks that dont know the first thing about the stuff that they are selling.

Eg the guy that I got the pit bike off. After a few days it shits out,so I took it to the local lawnmower man whos fixed our sh*t a million times and he said there was a problem with the throttle and something wasnt sparking or something. My dad also had a fiddle and couldnt really figure it out. So I emailed him and said what had happened and that I wanted a refund or the problem fixed under the 14 day warranty.

This is the reply I got..

Before we give to you we have tested already , also this is brand newitem , there is no refund policy for the PT Bike , some people do nothow to started the motor bike , you need read it manual as well ,alsoif the wrong operating it will be broken the motor bike , if you sayany plug wrong or loose you need check it before read it , This is PTmotor quite different compare normal motor , we only can say this isBig boy Toys . we have sold more than 300 of them , we know what happened and what isthe problem it is factory fault , thanks

1.) when I went to pick the bike up I asked him what the oil:petrol ratio was...he said "same as proffesional one,read the book.And asked him how long it'll take to run in,he said read the manual.So I read the manual and its all in Chin-glish. Nothing made sense and it reffered to diagrams that didnt even exist.

2.)His auction clearly stated a 14 day refund policy on faulty parts.

3.)I do know how to start a bike,I'm not retarded.

4.)All the connections and bolts were crusty so I replaced em with lock nuts/spring washers.

5.) It is NOT a big boys toy!its TINY!

6.) He says clearly "we know what is problem is it factory fault" -No sh*t thats what I've said,SO FIX IT !

I hate the fact that he thinks he knows more than me and calls me a kid when infact he doesn't know sh*t bout anything.Skiny lil pansy couldnt even lift the 25kg box into my car without having to get his mate to grab an end. Meh I know where his warehouse is so will pay him a visit with my father tommorow.

Egg.

Cheap arse f**ks that dont know the first thing about the stuff that they are selling.

Eg the guy that I got the pit bike off. After a few days it shits out,so I took it to the local lawnmower man whos fixed our sh*t a million times and he said there was a problem with the throttle and something wasnt sparking or something. My dad also had a fiddle and couldnt really figure it out. So I emailed him and said what had happened and that I wanted a refund or the problem fixed under the 14 day warranty.

This is the reply I got..

Before we give to you we have tested already , also this is brand newitem , there is no refund policy for the PT Bike , some people do nothow to started the motor bike , you need read it manual as well ,alsoif the wrong operating it will be broken the motor bike , if you sayany plug wrong or loose you need check it before read it , This is PTmotor quite different compare normal motor , we only can say this isBig boy Toys . we have sold more than 300 of them , we know what happened and what isthe problem it is factory fault , thanks

1.) when I went to pick the bike up I asked him what the oil:petrol ratio was...he said "same as proffesional one,read the book.And asked him how long it'll take to run in,he said read the manual.So I read the manual and its all in Chin-glish. Nothing made sense and it reffered to diagrams that didnt even exist.

2.)His auction clearly stated a 14 day refund policy on faulty parts.

3.)I do know how to start a bike,I'm not retarded.

4.)All the connections and bolts were crusty so I replaced em with lock nuts/spring washers.

5.) It is NOT a big boys toy!its TINY!

6.) He says clearly "we know what is problem is it factory fault" -No sh*t thats what I've said,SO FIX IT !

I hate the fact that he thinks he knows more than me and calls me a kid when infact he doesn't know sh*t bout anything.Skiny lil pansy couldnt even lift the 25kg box into my car without having to get his mate to grab an end. Meh I know where his warehouse is so will pay him a visit with my father tommorow.

Egg.

What a complete and utter tosser!I guess they bring them in from china and sell them off cheap.

Exactly. I wasnt expecting much for what I paid,but atlease stick to his word and go through with the warranty.

Pissed me off more saying it was a big boys toy and that some people dont know how to use the bike etc.

Retard

people saying im not a time waster & im really keen,then asks a question or two a day until auction ends and still does not hit the buy now.asks about things not related to that auction and gets upset if you tell them to check my other listings.because they think your wasting their time.could go on for hours about time wasters....

TradeMe Masters of understatement

Wheel is described as having some curbing

Posted Image

Looks farked to me