Sign in to follow this  
Greg111

M3 without M3 seats??

Was just checking on trademe for the latest M3 listings (as you do) and found this one?http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/BMW/photos/a-130104429/p-55644360/k-319617.htm

Wheres the M3 seats????

Don't no about the seats but that is not a genuine "M3" badge.

Thats an "M" Badge as seen on "M-Optioned" Cars such as mine with a single 3 put next to it.But could well have been in an accident given the K's its done and a dodgy badge used.

Other than that tho it looks like a tidy car to me.

post-2185-1196643040_thumb.jpg

Looks like an M3 to me.... it's got the engine/18 button OBC/logo on the instrument panel etc.

You could option M3's with different spec seats etc. The original owner may have chosen sports seats over the more popular "Vader" style seats.

Also, looks like a Jap car too, so they may have different options to the European versions.

Guest Rick James

Interesting...

The speedo says jpn, but thats clearly a SA spec M3 (SA E36 M3's rarely had vaders)

Don't no about the seats but that is not a genuine "M3" badge.

Thats an "M" Badge as seen on "M-Optioned" Cars such as mine with a single 3 put next to it.But could well have been in an accident given the K's its done and a dodgy badge used.

Other than that tho it looks like a tidy car to me.

Thats what i thought when i saw the badge too, the 3 is too far apart from the M.

its an M3 (engine photos) could be SA built as allready stated, they rearly came with vaders. or mayb owner didnt option them, or they have been sold possibly?

its an M3 (engine photos) could be SA built as allready stated, they rearly came with vaders. or mayb owner didnt option them, or they have been sold possibly?

Why can't the engine of been retro-fitted?

Also the boot could of had P&P and they simply put the badge back on incorrectly.

Can't really tell without the VIN?

Just have a look at the VIN to determine if it's a real M3, other things are iffy and you can't really draw a conclusion.

Wow that's cheap, does LOOK genuine though. I'm guessing someone stole the badge or a previous owner took it off and they put a new one on and stuffed it up...

yeah, few things a miss on it .. but it may have just been a stolen recovery vehicle .. certainly had a repaint at some point shock tower stamp is missing.

Guest Rick James

If the vin starts with WBS, you're golden.

Edit: well spotted on the respray Josh - that means engine out... so who knows?

Edit 2: It has the oil pressure gauge too, so if it's a wringer, its a good one.

Edited by Rick James

Edit 2: It has the oil pressure gauge too, so if it's a wringer, its a good one.

It's an oil temp gauge I think. Also the red needle are M3 exclusive I think.

Second about the re-spray. There's a difference in the gap on both sides of the bonnect.

Was just checking on trademe for the latest M3 listings (as you do) and found this one?http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/BMW/photos/a-130104429/p-55644360/k-319617.htm

Wheres the M3 seats????

As far as I know SA built/specd E36 M3s dont have the "real" M3 seats. Im guessing this car came from SA?

So what we've gathered so far is that this is a genuine M3 that has either been in an accident or had an engine out respray. (No strut tower stamp, incorrect bootlid badge)

I don't think it is a SA car as it has JPN written on the speedo which means it's a Japanese car. So I still think it is simply a case of the original owner specifying sports seats over vaders.

Its probably not a lemon mechanical wise, but it would be interesting the readings on a chassis jig. would make an ok race car project ...

Nice analysis boys :). I also was a bit confused when I saw the interior, personally I think Vader seats are some of the sexiest seats I have ever seen so no idea why someone would chose normal sports seats over them.

awesome website!

Wow yeah. Just tried it.