Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

Top Gear review of the M3, CLK63 AMG and the RS4

Has anybody had a watch of this episode. Its the last of the 10th Season (Not out in NZ yet). Season 10 Episode 10.

Its quite a good laugh. They are testing the three cars on a private track. Give them a good working over. The BMW is the fastest around the track by quite a bit. The Stig seems to love the control of the car. The Merc wants to commit Murder/Suicides on every corner. But is the fastest in a straight line by quite a bit and is just awesome sounding.

Oh I forgot to add that Jeremy thinks M3 drivers are all tossers. He explains why though. Quite funny.

Posted Image

Edited by driftit

Guest Simon*

Has anybody had a watch of this episode. Its the last of the 10th Season (Not out in NZ yet). Season 10 Episode 10.

Its quite a good laugh. They are testing the three cars on a private track. Give them a good working over. The BMW is the fastest around the track by quite a bit. The Stig seems to love the control of the car. The Merc wants to commit Murder/Suicides on every corner. But is the fastest in a straight line by quite a bit and is just awesome sounding.

Oh I forgot to add that Jeremy thinks M3 drivers are all tossers. He explains why though. Quite funny.

Yeah I've seen it too - a real crackup. The M3 comes through as the obvious best car but his impersonation of an M3 driver is funny.

That Merc is ridiculous in a way as the traction control has to work constantly - and why is it called a 63 if it's a 6.2?

Amazing how the stig can control the M3 so well. So precise. Merc has always done that with their badging. Not sure why.

I would love to drive all three. Of course I would like to have all 3. They are all in the same class but all have a different purpose.

Yup, on the whole one of the best episodes of TG, in fact the whole of Season 10 was bloody good, barely a dud amongst it.

Cheers

Grant

It was the test I was waiting to see seeming so many journalists had given the M3 such mediocre reviews! The lap times say it all.

I have to agree, M3’s don’t normally make it to the write person.. well when they are new at least, I talked my old man out of one years ago simply because he had no appreciation for what the car was designed for.

Haha M3 drivers are tossers, where does he come up with these lame attempts to like himself more??? I think Top gears quite a good show and try not to miss it when it's on but i just don't have the time for clarkson, goes on on about all sorts of cars that he proberly hasent driven and just rubbishes them?

Guest Simon*

Haha M3 drivers are tossers, where does he come up with these lame attempts to like himself more??? I think Top gears quite a good show and try not to miss it when it's on but i just don't have the time for clarkson, goes on on about all sorts of cars that he proberly hasent driven and just rubbishes them?

:) I like the show and find him quite funny but he does his best not to like German cars - even when he has to admit they're awesome. He wanks on a lot about Porsches too, probably even more than Beemers.

Just because he doesn't like the current M cars wouldn't put me off buying one - he's just a technophobe and afraid of buttons! I mean could you really take his advice after he bought a Ford GT? I couldn't.

I couldn't believe he didn't like the new M5, especially how when you hit the big M button it does from a 400HP "family saloon" to 507HP beast - his only faults were small picky ones so they don't count IMO.

But I'll watch him nonetheless, he's the most opinionated bloke on TV and I like that - they don't seem to censor him or try and make the show PC

rant rant etc ;)

:) I like the show and find him quite funny but he does his best not to like German cars - even when he has to admit they're awesome. He wanks on a lot about Porsches too, probably even more than Beemers.

Just because he doesn't like the current M cars wouldn't put me off buying one - he's just a technophobe and afraid of buttons! I mean could you really take his advice after he bought a Ford GT? I couldn't.

I couldn't believe he didn't like the new M5, especially how when you hit the big M button it does from a 400HP "family saloon" to 507HP beast - his only faults were small picky ones so they don't count IMO.

But I'll watch him nonetheless, he's the most opinionated bloke on TV and I like that - they don't seem to censor him or try and make the show PC

rant rant etc ;)

Haha fair enough, was gonna bring up the ford GT thing but wasnt too sure how some people on this site would take it. I wouldnt take his advice on what to buy and not to buy either, that cool wall hes got going is a load of sh*t as well, but oh well i've had my bitch, someone elses turn lol.

What about how much he talks up shitty British cars (except rover lol)

Still good entertainment, and entertainment it is because what can 99% of his audience get from seeing a $300k car sideways, or a 2 million dollar car racing a plane. (I believe this is the criticism he's been getting in the UK to)

But if I wanted to know real specs of cars I'd look on the net (or watch AA torque lmao).

Shesh, take it personally will ya! He was meaning newish M3 drivers, im sure he could care less about who’s driving some old dunger.

I did like Clarksons reason for calling them tossers though. Thought it was a bit of a laugh. I agree with Simon though. I really love it how they dont censor him and try to make him PC. The show is by far the most entertaining car show because of the personalities on it. Its one of about 4 shows currently on TV that I bother to watch (although I download them as NZ TV is over a season behind)

Amazing how the stig could hit that apple at that speed though. And the Merc couldn't come close. It must have been busy planning how to kill them.

That Merc is ridiculous in a way as the traction control has to work constantly - and why is it called a 63 if it's a 6.2?

Quite likely trying to forge a link to the original super saloon - the 300SEL 6.3

Besides, BMW are worse - 323i/523i from the mid 90's springs to mind. 320 was a 2.2 at one point also. 540/740 was 4.4 litres... trainspotter mode off.

If you can, watch the episode where they go to Africa for a "buy a car for under 1500 quid" challenge. Absolutely hilarious!!!

I love Top Gear so much, just wish Prime would put the new season on so I can stop wasting my bandwidth downloading episodes!

Guest Simon*

Quite likely trying to forge a link to the original super saloon - the 300SEL 6.3

Besides, BMW are worse - 323i/523i from the mid 90's springs to mind. 320 was a 2.2 at one point also. 540/740 was 4.4 litres... trainspotter mode off.

Ah ok that's a really good point :) I'll shut up now!!