Sign in to follow this  
318Touring

Well, more M3 V8s for sale worldwide

Saw this in another forum ...

Apparently also all over the North America's M3 forum.

And no, I don't have all the details.

BTW, anyone still remember The Tricolor?

The Courage tipped today at the port in Jersey City causing major damage to over 300 BMWs not including 70+ BMWs that were total losses.

a majority of the destroyed vehicles were M3s (mostly in dark blue) with a variety of 3ers and 1ers smashed up as well. A small number of the cars destroyed had German Tourist plates on them, those European delivery customers will NOT be getting their cars back.

If you were expecting your M3 or e90/92 in the next month, you're going to be in for a sad surprise.

those cars that were a total loss will be crushed, I asked a BMW rep, he stated that they will not be auctioned as there is a liability for letting those cars on the road. The shipping company's insurance is footing the bill, I do not know how they will handle those cars that are already owned by the European Delivery customers.

Those cars with light damage will be repaired at the Elizabeth Receiving facility and sold through BMW's dealer network as new cars.

post-38-1200182261_thumb.jpg

post-38-1200182346_thumb.jpg

post-38-1200182436_thumb.jpg

post-38-1200182472_thumb.jpg

post-38-1200182531_thumb.jpg

Well thats a damn shame! I believe i saw in the first photo a 135i coupe...sexy.

who went on the rampage, that is some twisted metal one very big insurance bill to boot.

Allan

That’s sad, cant believe they will just crush them! I wonder if they part them first.

So much for recycling! the engines are brand new! Surely they could at least take them out and crush the rest! So wasteful.

I would be pretty pissed if I was waiting for delivery! Wouldn't like to be a BMW salesman trying to calm customers with orders :(

So much for recycling! the engines are brand new! Surely they could at least take them out and crush the rest! So wasteful.

I would be pretty pissed if I was waiting for delivery! Wouldn't like to be a BMW salesman trying to calm customers with orders :(

Yea, I can imagine Mercedes C63, Lexus ISF etc sales will go through the roof in the next few weeks.

thats such a shame! they could use them as parts...

just shows you what cars mean to some people...

absolutely nothing

I could imagine BMW doesn't want alot of damaged M3 parts on the market just yet. You never kno, they'll probably take them back to Munich to do something with them.