Sign in to follow this  
matwithe30

its not a euro but...

has anybody ever owned a suzuki vitara/escudo

looking at picking one up for the missus and just need info on them.

looked at one yesterday, a soft-top one but the zip on it was broken. how much would it be to fix the canopy?

any help will be appreciated

Around $100 at a marine shop for a good one.

IMO, if you love your missus, you wouldn't do it.

Ti's are so affordable now for a good reliable one.

i did suggest the rav but she doesnt like the shape. shes certain on a suzuki escudo/vitara or a swb pajero or something like that. i reconed a mu and she wasnt sure. i only said that coz i used to own one and blew the motor. id love another one but the projects have taken priority over practical cars

Rav 4s are sh*t! Mid 90s vitara are good vehicles mechanically, i've never had too many major things go wrong with them.

yeah we were looking for like 1 92 onwards. on trademe for like 3-4 for a quite nice once

any problems with the swb pajero's?

Their safety is questionable at best. But if looking cool surpasses living :mellow:

316ti compact E36 5 speed manual being heavily bidded on, currently on $1830. Average cond.

she doesnt want a bimmer coz of what shes experienced in mine and the cost to repair / maintain etc. if i had my way shed be driving an e36 but its her car so she can decide. i stole her lastone and whacked a rotor in it hahaha

So if I tell you bad experiences from small 4x4s [and large ones] that will put her off too?

If you're buying it, have your way and get a bimmer... please... just for me haha.

Nah, your cash, do as you will.

Get a Jeep Wrangler.

They win in the cool stakes. You'll get a good one for less than $20k.

You'll struggle to pass a petrol station though.

well were going halves coz i took her last one and said id buy her a new one. then she wanted to pay half so im not gunna stop her!

trust me i want a bimmer too but shes pretty adament.

got a complaint from the landlord bout the tanga lastnight....rocked home at 2am

dahahaha i love how it pisses people off so much!

has anybody ever owned a suzuki vitara/escudo

looking at picking one up for the missus and just need info on them.

looked at one yesterday, a soft-top one but the zip on it was broken. how much would it be to fix the canopy?

any help will be appreciated

My wife was going to buy one of these a few year back , fortunately she took it for a test drive on the motorway which included a roundabout after the exit. After the thing nearly rolling and been extremely gutless she changed her mind and brought an E36 318I , She has since upgraded to a 328i and has never looked back. Make sure your wife give it a good test drive before buying, should be enough to change her mind.

As for bridge ported rotaries at 2 am .......... wait until your 40 + and one turns up outside your place at 2am ........ must be getting old.

just an update all....purchased a 93 esudo 2 door for $3100....absolutley mint condition, 135000 on the clock and 5 spd. your right about the round about...dodgy sh*t but its still good fun. took it onh its first roady up to goat island and found a 4wd track and had a hack. was good fun for a while till the mu had to yank it out. all in good spirt though.

thanks for all the input all!

You will love it if you get more into the offroading. They are one of the most capable and popular 4wd's in New Zeland 4x4 clubs.

They may not be all that safe round town/highway, but if its an offroader you want there is simply NO better bang for buck.

You'd be surprised how many of the competition trucks on extreme 4x4 are chopped up suzukis aswell.

Good price BTW.

Edited by bravo

Hey glad you like it, they are just simply the best 4wd vehicle to have with very little reliability probs :)

Heaps of fun offroad.

As long as she doesn't attach roundabouts at crazy speeds it should be fine on the road.

haha yeah it really is a good little car for what i paid and the manual is better than the auto we tryed out. went to the car fair in ellerslie in auckland. heaps of mean deals there!

i definatley would reccomend these cars to anybody. just watch out for those round abouts haha