Sign in to follow this  
beeeamer

E36 cupholders

for those interested in cupholders for the center console of your E36, i found this site which sells them. USD63.50 plus shipping for the frame, 2x cupholders, coin box and ashtray.

clicky

dunno if there would be any difference between LHD and RHD?

That's a good price. Once asked Team McMillan about this and quoted around $180 for the set.

Wondering if it still fits if you have an centre arm rest?

I would imagine it's the same for LHD and RHD.

for those interested in cupholders for the center console of your E36, i found this site which sells them. USD63.50 plus shipping for the frame, 2x cupholders, coin box and ashtray.

clicky

dunno if there would be any difference between LHD and RHD?

From memory, Pelican Parts don't ship internationally... only within the "great nation of America".

All good though, no cupholders means no drinks in my car and I like it that way!

From memory, Pelican Parts don't ship internationally... only within the "great nation of America".

All good though, no cupholders means no drinks in my car and I like it that way!

they do now ;)

"What shipping options do you offer?

We offer a wide variety of both domestic and international shipping options to suit just about any need. For more information, please see our table of available shipping options. "

unfortunately cant see a shipping price until the item had been bought. but wouldnt think it would weigh very much

Have been getting Parts off Pelican Parts on and off now for 12 months.Just received some in mid Feb freight was about $47NZ for a box 750x 450 by 150mm deep and weight was 7lb. Hope this is of some help cheers Allan

These would actually come in handy but then again it would temp me to have drinks in the car which is a big no no.

Have been getting Parts off Pelican Parts on and off now for 12 months.Just received some in mid Feb freight was about $47NZ for a box 750x 450 by 150mm deep and weight was 7lb. Hope this is of some help cheers Allan

Useful info... cheers Allan, will have to look into it, prices even with freight could still be cheaper than BMW NZ!!!

MMm!! that seems to be the case with all of the parts I have purchased. Us RealOEM .com to obtain the part number then get a price off the BMW dealer.Obtain a price from my contacts in the states or Germany. The over seas stuff general comes back about 1/3rd cheaper and with the freight still ends up costing me less. Go for it, just do your home work and you shouldn't have any problems with it just my thought for what it's worth.

Shipping info open Pelican web site scroll to the bottom of the first page and along their is a section shipping options click on it and it will open to what is available about 4 or 5 are listed not sure if all are available. The USPS express mail I have used, Pelican give you a tracking number so no big deal to keep tabs on things and if the timing is right the parts turn up in about 4-6 days. cheers Allan

Thanks for the link

Just ordered one of these, so will be able to report back how it goes.

Payed 22USD for shipping so I think all up $108 NZD

Thats a pretty good price. Suppose the exchange rate at the moment is a big factor.

Whats with people going on about no drinks in their cars? What are you? 5 y/o?

Payed 22USD for shipping so I think all up $108 NZD

That's a LOT of money for a piece of plastic that holds drinks (and IIRC, it only fits cans, not fast food drink cups)! Can't you just have a drink once you get where you're going? Or before you leave even? :D

Guest Simon*

What about takeaway coffee? That and pump bottles or the like is all I ever have. Hard to get cupholders that take those

I do drink lots of coffee in the car though :) Have had the odd emergency spillage too

E34 cupholder is wedge it between the handbrake and the centre console - fits like a glove!

You have to have coffee in the car! Especially if it's an early start for a drive to Dunedin! :P

All arrived safe and sound from the US of A took 10 days.

Very easy install.

Just need to find a centre armrest now!

All arrived safe and sound from the US of A took 10 days.

Very easy install.

Just need to find a centre armrest now!

Right, well where's the write-up and pics demonstrating exactly what does and doesn't fit into the cupholders? Also a video of a drive to McDonald's and back would be good. :D

Right, well where's the write-up and pics demonstrating exactly what does and doesn't fit into the cupholders? Also a video of a drive to McDonald's and back would be good. :D

Agreed! Photos and a run down would be good to great

Ok, I've managed to get some pics.

The frame fits in easily, and needs a screw at the rear.

The ashtray at the front takes the light no probs.

Then just mix and match the cupholders and coin holders

A H 2 Go/Pump sits in the holder, but is not secure, the glass bottle is a bit wobbly.

The Starbucks is held in a Gorilla grip and looks like it would withstand a 4G deacceleration - so it does what I want.

It also has coped with the 2 year old walking on it.

post-1717-1206428919_thumb.jpg

post-1717-1206428946_thumb.jpg

post-1717-1206428968_thumb.jpg

post-1717-1206428987_thumb.jpg

if you drink and drive your a bloody idiot :angry: you might spill some. :(

if you drink and drive your a bloody idiot :angry: you might spill some. :(

I like :D

anyone know of a cup holder solution for E34?

In between your legs?

Seems to fit ok,wouldn't bother personally but looks pretty decent.