Sign in to follow this  
steve R

318is with 209kw at the wheels!

18K for an auto 318is! Just about M3 price. Think he's a bit of a dreamer. Should be able to get about 22k for mine :) ha ha

That's a performance exhaust alright! Looks like he took some random information from google. Someone should ask for a dyno chart of his 318.

Guys,

This is one VERY special M Spec car and not just a 318is. 209kw at the wheels, I note the standard BMW Vinyl has been upgraded to leather, straight from the cows ass. The other defining factor for this 'non rip off M sport' is that they came a a factory auto (not SMG that the rip off Msports can have). Only.............only............100,000 made. Somehow this makes it rare??

Someone, quick, buy it!!!

jealousy will get me me nowhere.......sigh. I've asked for the VIN so I can confirm from the build sheet.

Come on guys, give the dude some credit, he's managed to fit 6 cylinder pistons and cams to a four, must be some sort of genius.

Come on guys, give the dude some credit, he's managed to fit 6 cylinder pistons and cams to a four, must be some sort of genius.

Yeah, you're right. Maybe he relocated to into the boot??

I think you forgot to mention hes running 17" tyres on 16" rims too.

Guest Simon*

I'm in the market for one of these for a "friend" of mine

What do you reckon I offer him? $6K? Pretty good miles, maybe $6.5 ;)

What do you reckon I offer him? $6K? Pretty good miles, maybe $6.5 ;)

Bit cheeky considering there's ONLY 100k of them, maybe only 1 actually. IF only it was a normal 318is........

Guest Simon*

Bit cheeky considering there's ONLY 100k of them, maybe only 1 actually. IF only it was a normal 318is........

Hmmm true - I should make him show me the dyno sheet and pay him per kW maybe?

In fact, what am I thinking driving a 540 when I could have got one of those with nearly as much power! Maybe he'll trade ;)

In fact, what am I thinking driving a 540 when I could have got one of those with nearly as much power! Maybe he'll trade ;)

Yeah, he may not go for that.........you know.......considering your is soooooooooooooo common. I think I see a 540iS on every street corner these days!!!

But hey, if he'll trade plus cash his way then yeah, go for it. Bring on that auto! Wonder if it has 'sport' mode.

Guest Simon*

Yeah, he may not go for that.........you know.......considering your is soooooooooooooo common. I think I see a 540iS on every street corner these days!!!

But hey, if he'll trade plus cash his way then yeah, go for it. Bring on that auto! Wonder if it has 'sport' mode.

So true, bloody iS's every-bloody-where!

Oh yeah, SPORT mode would be super-sweet. Did you know that only 377,452 of those 100,000 "real" 318iS's had sport mode? Interesting huh? Makes them even rarer apparently. Soooo much better than a manual for sporty driving

So true, bloody iS's every-bloody-where!

Oh yeah, SPORT mode would be super-sweet. Did you know that only 377,452 of those 100,000 "real" 318iS's had sport mode? Interesting huh? Makes them even rarer apparently. Soooo much better than a manual for sporty driving

I have just been browsing the interwebby thing and it turns out this 318is in racing form was the only car in the series with an automatic sports mode trasmission...............umm............yeah...........it never won a race. Strange for such a super car.

Anyway, that my peice, before I get too sarcastic.

PS: my 535i E39 is also special, it has Leather seats, and auto with tiptronic (not quite as good as auto with Sport mode) and from memory the 535 translates to the HP?? so his is 318HP (237kw) at the fly wheel, give a little loss down the drive train and you get 209kw at wheel.

Now I really want an 850.

What do you reckon I offer him? $6K? Pretty good miles, maybe $6.5

Aside from the crazy description, actually looks like a tidy car, need to check if it's indeed a 96 or a 97, as it's a facelift model. $6.5k-$7.5k sounds good if it's tidy :)

EDIT: Body has way more KMs, $6.5k if it's tidy, need to check up on why it needed a new engine!

Edited by Yuen

I'm trading my crappy 325i with only 192 horsepower at the crank for this bad boy with over 280 horses at the wheels! Can someone lend me 9 grand?

This 318is > EVERYTHING!!!

M44B19 (assuming its this engine) makes stock 103kw at 6000rpm.

Hes got to be dreaming, has anyone asked to see the dyno sheet?

e36 Euro m3 210kw

Edited by jeddy

:P wow does that mean my old IS made that power i sold it way too cheap then !!!!!!!!!!

I just asked to see the dyno sheet, ill post his reply here regardless of what it is

m42b19 was put in

dyno sheet atteched and looks pretty legit

post-2334-1205210524_thumb.jpg

Edited by jeddy

What you just whipped that dyno graph up on Excel?

It could legitimately make 209kW, if it uses a fully worked S14 or S42.

I am a little unsure of how the auto box would get all that to the wheels though.

he just replied with a dyno sheet, I can only just make out that it says bmw 318is at the bottom...

i wonder if its a fake dyno sheet? maybe he knows someone with a dyno or something...

EDIT: Oh ok, i didnt realise someone already posted it. haha sorry

EDIT AGAIN: Oh I see what cain means by did you just whip that up in excel. yeah it does look very excel, I havent seen many dyno sheets but that really doesnt look anything like the ones ive seen before...

post-2681-1205211225_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ven

Someone from Auckland please go take it for a drive! It looks like a tidy car but 18k......

If it's got 209kW. I'll take it for a spin. I'm with Simon. If it can put out more than the 540iS. I consider a trade. I wonder if he'll give me the cash difference?