Sign in to follow this  
QuickSilver

A bit of photography.

Hi all, thought I would share some of my recent HDR photos, sorry, no BMW's in these pictures. Slight camera shake on one or two,

Thoughts?

Cheers, Alex.

Note, I've posted before AND after pictures.

Numero Uno.

Before

post-1848-1205222381_thumb.jpg

After

post-1848-1205222423_thumb.jpg

Number two, and my least favorite.

Before

post-1848-1205222507_thumb.jpg

After

post-1848-1205222535_thumb.jpg

Number three, and my favorite, thought I'd add a Black and white.

Before

post-1848-1205222588_thumb.jpg

After.

post-1848-1205222618_thumb.jpg

post-1848-1205222637_thumb.jpg

Edited by QuickSilver

Thanks Drifty,

Cain: HDR stands for (High Dynamic Range), its a series of photo's, taken generally in the RAW format (because it catches the complete tonal range) these photos are shot in burst mode with various exposures, with these photos I just used three exposures, at -2, 0, +2, so that I get all the shadows, and all the light, and everything in between, then its a matter of combining these photos into one HDR image, I use two programs, photomatix and photo shop, this photo gets merged into one 32-bit image, the original photo looks crap because our monitors aren't HDR capable and HDR monitors cost like a gazillion bucks, then you scale it down to 16-bit, edit them to what you want them to look like, and then scale down once more to 8-bit which is the results I posted. It is used alot in movies, and animation to light c.g.i scenes. Using HDRI images allows them to be lit from the natural light sources in the image and so they give a far more realistic result than using c.g. lighting set ups.

Hope that makes sense?

Alex.

Edit: Typos.

Edited by QuickSilver

Nice job. Seems like a whole lot of work but damn thats a clear ass picture.

Hey man, thats some real nice work youve done, wish I had of kept doing photography haha

I like the third one the most. Did you use Photomatix?

Yup, photomatix and then photoshop to edit it after that, third is my fav aswell.

Its a bit time consuming just for 3 photos, but their good at the end.

Thanks for the nice comments guys,

You could send them to Blue Chip investors, (or Progressive Enterprises)

As I already said when you showed me after you did them , they looks mint, esspecially the last one.

Although you really should watermark stamp the ones you put on the net so no one steals them and claim it as thier on or use it etc

As I already said when you showed me after you did them , they looks mint, esspecially the last one.

Although you really should watermark stamp the ones you put on the net so no one steals them and claim it as thier on or use it etc

hmmm thats a good idea, thanks Ryan will do that,

The 3rd is like being in Oblivion with full HDR support on!

Here is some HDR pics my mate took. Sorry about the Honda. He is very good with the camera. When HDR is done right it makes the pics look like they have been drawn.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

They work better when there is more objects in the background. Like the one with the Honda. He uses a program called Photomatrix (can see watermark on pics) to create the pics.

Love to see the starting grid of 40 E30's at Pukekohe this weekend done like this?

There is no "right" way to do HDR its all how you want the image to look, there are many things that can be done with HDRI, he hasnt turned some of the settings up as high as I have and has turned up others, therefore different images, you can get all sorts of results with photomatix, its a great program.

Edited by QuickSilver

good pics of the buildings my work is the site next door to the one with the scaffolding around it

Love to see the starting grid of 40 E30's at Pukekohe this weekend done like this?

Will give it a shot. Since I am not racing. Will take lots of pics this weekend if my SLR will behave. Been playing up since I dropped it in the snow the week I purchased it. haha.