Sign in to follow this  
Yuen

Environmental Responsibility

I spoke to a dealer the other day, who said they had a client who has a new M5 who buys carbon credits of a company in the uk to offset his emissions!

Good on him for having the money to burn, and burn some more to offset the first bunch of money he burnt. Hang on, I'm confused now....

carbon trading is a load of sh*t, another way for people to get rich and governments to be lazy about environmental policies.

I suspect archaeologists 500 years from now will look back at carbon trading and our ranting about global warming in much the same way as we think about the great religious upheavals of the middle ages and think WTF were these people doing?! However whatever the reasons political or otherwise for our current thinking on climate change, it makes sense for the majority of us to be as efficient as possible in terms of energy if for no other reason as to save money!

Edited by ducatiss

I love driving my car, cost me fuel etc etc but i don't feel guilty?

Also i bought a little laser that gets me to work and back, runs on fumes so i think that counts???

Have a section full of mature trees and no lawn ........ops and four cars & two motorbikes in the garage. The good thing is that I can only use one at a time.

We do the recycling stuff and turn stuff off.... but we are not exactly green

What do I do?

Make sure all my emails and forum posts are written using 100% fully recycled electrons

I even save leters every nw n thn when i'm feeling even grener

Just had a random ass thought, what if global warming Is bollocks? Maybe they are just trying to reduce the amount of oil we buy from the eastern countries, try have some control over em monkeys. Just a thought.

Anywho I have a very bad carbon foot print, or should I say the business does. All the vinyl being throughen in the bin, and backing paper that has a gloss on it so neither can be recycled, we go through a hell of a lot too. I always wonder if painting was better then vinyl but I think they are much of a muchness.

I do recycle home waste though, lights and appliances Im very poor with.

Edited by OLLIE
global roaming wtf?

I work from home and use a bike to nip around town so im doing my bit buy only using 20L of 98 a month, I turn all things bar my Computer off at the wall, use a lot of florescent lights, I have a sign on my letter box stating no junk mail, I don’t use a heater I wear a jumper, I don’t wash my clothes unless they stink, I recycle all plastics including bags.

I think as a nation we are quite clean and efficient, I have just returned from Asia and as a kiwi I was disgusted buy the amount of smog and waist there, they over package everything with thick plastics and Styrofoam (2 McDonalds Combo had 3 separate (plastic) bags and meals were packed in Styrofoam) and there was rubbish everywhere and a general lack of care for the environment.