Sign in to follow this  
jjs

Petrol has now hit $2 per litre...

For what it is, its not bad. Handles well for a shopping basket and is sooo good in Brisbane Traffic - Its a bit slow though and doesn't like hills to much. You really have to thrash the poor thing to maintain a decent speed.

Drove to Sydney in it last week - 980k in one day. Man was my right leg sore from pressing the go pedal :D

Yep - I'm glad its not the 1.3

And the latest....

4:00PM Tuesday April 22, 2008

At least one of the four major fuel companies has today added another 3 cents a litre to the price of petrol and 5 cents to diesel.

BP raised the price of 91 octane to $1.89 a litre and diesel to $1.57, with other companies likely to follow suit.

A spokeswoman for independent fuel company, Gull, said prices remained today at $1.86 a litre for 91 octane and $1.52 for diesel and there were no immediate plans to make adjustments.

- NZPA

Would hate to think what 98 is now...

They either have to remove GST from unprocessed foods or remove GST from fuel. Either of them should keep a few pennies in the purse!! I can see Labour making a last minute decision to do one of these as they are going to need something major to get their asses out of sh*t! But the thing is Labour cant make promises, a promise is not a promise until it has been completed. VOTE NATIONAL

Was in at Gull this morning (not for myself) and 91 was $1.80 and the "force10" (98 octane biofuel) was$ 1.90

98 octane here at the BP is now $1.99.9, hey at least it's not $2.00. :P

Ohhhh so that is why my petrol gage didn't move when I put a lofty $10 into it today.

I don't even look at petrol prices as I drive along. *Rolls eyes*. Stupid females.

Edited by 318mouse

I have no idea how removing GST from anything will help the price of fuel.

Good luck with that crusade though.

we are all now paying the price of depleting oil reserves,and some big players using oil as a currency hedge...instead of buying gold they are buying oil..that is one reason why the prices are rising so much.Get used to it...and if you think things are going to much different under National.....good luck

The fact that the gst is levied on top of a whole bunch of other taxes is crude.Your paying tax on a tax..a bit like the tax you pay on savings when you have already paid tax on that money.And they wonder why we dont save!

The GST component on the 50c or so tax per litre is only about 6c, which is going to make bugger all difference.

Who gives a f**k, if they removed the GST it shows that they have a little tiny slice of a heart in that tin can of theres!!

..a bit like the tax you pay on savings when you have already paid tax on that money.And they wonder why we dont save!

Not really as you only pay tax on the interest you earn which is additional income, but with petrol they add excise tax to the price, then they take the total and add GST so you pay GST on your tax. If they only charged GST on the base price maybe??? I get your point though.

Cigarettes would be a better analogy, but then I don't smoke so I don't care.

Edited by bravo

Not really as you only pay tax on the interest you earn which is additional income, but with petrol they add excise tax to the price, then they take the total and add GST so you pay GST on your tax. If they only charged GST on the base price maybe??? I get your point though.

Cigarettes would be a better analogy, but then I don't smoke so I don't care.

Cigarettes are great to tax

Also theres new legislation that could mean a further 10c per litre being put on the price of petrol by regional councils.

If they removed gst & excise tax from petrol then they wouldn't be able to be as generous with tax cuts etc

On the subject of smoking and tax if anyone here wants anything duty free send me a pm, Smokes are cheap without tax on them. I cross through a duty free somewhere most weeks...

O.k filled up again last night....$2.05 per litre. WTF.

I wouldn't have a clue Yuen? It goes through fuel like nothing else,

i have a cheap run about for work etc Braeden so when the M3 comes out to play i like to go for long pointless drives just cause. But i don't think that will be happening so often now.

Almost time for a cheap daily?

would have to be really cheap tho surely..by the time you buy insure,register wof,maintain a second car is it really any cheaper???If you are buying a "new" car anyway sure make it fuel efficient as possible but i dont see buying another car as a solution

Greg..you must have some idea of how many ks you do to a tank or between fillup???

Wouldn't have the foggyest man, next time i fill up (very shortly) i'll reset my trip meter, don't have the flash on board that tells me.

My cheap daily does the job during the week, isn't insured which is proberly not the best idea, i don't pay for wofs and i only go for the 6 month rego at a time so it does save me a little in the wallet, more than what the M3 would anyway.

i thought every M3 would have the OBC??I dont really trust mine anywy!

Would go with the traditional fillup/reset/fillup method, don't trust the computer to be as accurate. Let us know when you get the figures Greg.

If they removed gst & excise tax from petrol then they wouldn't be able to be as generous with tax cuts etc

Yeah... all $2 of the "large tax cut" we get promised... <_<

My 325i gets 350km to the tank with hard driving, and over 600km when cruising on the highway

The tank is what... 62L?

so between 5.6 and 10ish km/L

my obc says my average is 19.4 mpg(6.9 km/l,14.4 l/100kms) but his includes about three weeks of my being used as the family car,criss srossing town,short runs to supermarket etc,before that my average was 20.4mpg(7.27km/l,13.73l/100k)

but i always get well over 500 k s to the tank and on the open road even more.Mind you my usual fill is 62 litres....sometimes more.so on that basis my average is more like 25mpg(8.87km/l,11.3l/100k)(550 ks 62 litres)

However i get a pretty good run to work,and i mostly accellerate like a nana....

Edited by kiwi535

It has the 11 button OBC, so doesn't have the milage option. Might be a while before i top up again, be living in the shed for a while i think.