Sign in to follow this  
m325i

bmw 135i vs bmw 335i vs 2002 bmw m3

bmw-135i-vs-bmw-335i-vs-2002-bmw-m3  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hahaha! Nah, not quite yet. Unless your offering good money & a beer?

Im actually having a serious think about a 135i coupe as my next car ... would buy an e92 m3 but I am shy 80k :(

Im actually having a serious think about a 135i coupe as my next car ... would buy an e92 m3 but I am shy 80k :(

Hey 100k is a start. Why not the E46 M3? Going for new?

135i will be a killer especially once modded... it's going to be a fun car.

335i is a seriously cool car, not a fan of the look of the 135i. prices of the 335s seam to be coming down quickly as well (one on trademe with 11k for about 80g)

Yuk a 135i (sorry to any owners!) i really dislike the shape! 335i! in silver or black with motorsport extras :)

Edited by Chris C

Hey 100k is a start. Why not the E46 M3? Going for new?

135i will be a killer especially once modded... it's going to be a fun car.

The e92 m3's ex demo are around 150 now :D

another year and they will be even cheaper.

I own a fairly modded e46 already and I would just buying into much the same thing if I got an m3.

The 135i is a 300bhp e30 essentially with all the moderness of a e90. that and it can accept 335 mods :D. It is I think one of BMW better break threws in recent times.

Everyone hates on it, but the new kits coming out for it seriosuly give it some mean stance.

I like the 135i myself. The 335i is a nicer looking car, but I like the idea of a smaller and lighter car with the same motor :)

Yes the 135i coupes look awsome imo, be bloody fast as well!

I was wanting to get an M3 at the end of next year. But I think I will have to compair the M3 and 135 now. Can imagine the 135 has alot more room for modification though. Being turbo and all. Add a couple of bigger turbos or a big single and see how see boogies.

135i for me, I really like them and am looking forward to a test drive when they are released.

From what I have seen they are just as quick as the new M3 in a straight line and that’s before you open up its intake and exhaust and reflash the ECU.

Just type 135i in on Utube for evidence of its abilities.

Crash Rating tests-

ANCAP crash test results

BMW 1 Series | 2004 -

Front+side+head airbags

Important note: The European model was tested by Euro NCAP. Australasian specifications may vary and therefore models sold in Australasia might provide different levels of protection to those described on this page.

Model history and safety features

The tested model of BMW 1 Series was introduced in Australia during 2004.

Dual front airbags, side airbags and head-protecting inflatable side tubes are standard equipment. ABS brakes and electronic stability control are also standard. Advanced seat belt reminders are fitted to both front seats.

The front seat belt buckles are mounted on the seats and the upper anchorages are adjustable. These features improve the fit of the seat belt. Pre-tensioners are fitted to the front seat belts to reduce slack in the event of a crash. A three point seat belt is fitted to the centre rear seat. This provides better protection than a two point seat belt.

Overall evaluation:

The BMW 1SERIES(E) scored 13.77 out of 16 in the offset crash test. There was a slight risk of serious chest and leg injury for the driver and passenger.

The vehicle scored 15.6 out of 16 in the side impact crash test. There was a slight risk of serious chest injury for the driver. A further 2 points were scored in the optional pole

ANCAP crash test results

BMW 3 Series | 2000

Front+side+head airbags

Summary:

Overall rating:

Overall score: 24.86 out of 37

Variant: Sedan

Airbags: Front+side+head airbags

Engine: 1.8 litres

Kerb weight: 1330 kg

Category: Luxury

Vehicles built: 2001

Test by : Euro NCAP

Model history and safety features

The tested model of BMW 3-SERIES was introduced in Australia in 1998.

Dual front airbags, side airbags (front and rear) and head-protecting inflatable tubes are standard equipment. ABS brakes and electronic stability control are also standard.

The front seat belt buckles are mounted on the seats and the upper anchorages are adjustable. These features improve the fit of the seat belt. Pretensioners are fitted to the front seat belts to reduce slack in the event of a crash. A three point seat belt is fitted to the centre rear seat. This provides better protection than a two point seat belt.

Overall evaluation:

The BMW 3-Series scored 9.87 out of 16 in the offset crash test. The passenger compartment held its shape well. Protection from serious chest and leg injury was marginal for the driver.

The vehicle scored 12.985 out of 16 in the side impact crash test. There was a high risk of serious chest injury for the driver. A further 2 points were scored in the optional pole test and this earned the vehicle a 4 star rating (minimum 24.5 pts).

So overall the 1 series is safer and safer for pedestrians too, but still both are superior in safety to Jap cars....LOL