Sign in to follow this  
OLLIE

Shell V-Power

Mobile is by far the worst!

Me (standing at pump pressing intercom) "please take it off prepay i want to fill up"

Dumb bitch at counter (foreign accent) "pump on prepay"

Me "yes i want to fill up please enable the pump"

Bitch "pump on prepay"

Me "Soo can you please turn off prepay i want to fill up, yes me over here see through the window?"

Bitch "Sorry, Pump on prepay"

Me "f**k You"

I walk inside ....

Another employee in the station says (foreign accent again) "you can leave please, with that language"

Me "What the f**k, you are retarded, I don't have time for retards. What the hell happened to customer service this is terrible, i am never coming back here again! USELESS!"

Employee "just leave"

Me "I'm leaving, cough retard"

So it's BP - for their 98 and AA points (whilst we are at it the AA is f**king terrible now, customer service people are a bunch of retards!!!) BP still has crap customer service and like mobil all the eftpos at pump is broken and the pumps leak but i havent had an incident there yet.

Or shell - because i'm trying something different in the V8. Customer service still sh*t (mostly)

So ... Conclusion is they are all sh*t! they are not service stations because you get no service.

You can't even get an empty jerry can if you have run out of gas down the road.

You can't even borrow a jump starter if your battery has run flat.

You can't even buy a roll of duct tape for gods sake.

You can however choose from a thousand different varieties of chips, drinks, coffees, womens magazines and toiletries products and chocolate and cigarettes and all that bullshit.

Don't even get me started on filling up LPG, what a fricken drama.

Anyway rant over, work to do

WTF. What a childish response to a normal situation. You cant be expected to be given special treatment because you say 'i am going to fill up'. So they let you fill up your car and then you drive off. Just do what it says PREPAY, it is that simple.

After saying that if you were a customer that often filled up at the same station maybe you would expect them to trust you.

Back on topic Shell V-Power, dont know how good it would be but i do like the add. And i dont have a preferred station.

Am running a full tank now, no obvious difference. Forgot to reset my trip timer, so unaware of any economy benefits either.

Meh, ill keep using it because i use shell anyway. And i dont do 91 or diesel so no option for me

I've found that most stations will let you fill up, even with the 'pre-pay' sign on if you just give them your credit card, eftpost or license just to reassure them you won't steal, I think its fair enough.

---

I've religiously been using 98 octane ever since 96 went out of commission, so its either Mobil or BP for me.

Would using 91 octane really hurt an engine? Im considering giving it a try, what do you think?

I am not sure if I have posted our findings about the BioFuel from Gull on this Forum. But ST HiTech who tune my car and run a Dynapack did there own little test.

BP98

Gull Force 10

Elf Race Gas

On their S15 Silvia they got an extra 20RWKW from the BioFuel over the BP98. This was then proven again with a 400RWKW R33 GTR they were tuning. 400 on Biofuel and around 380 on BP98.

The Elf Race gas was only a little bit better than the Force 10.

Will see if I can get him to give me the dyno sheets.

The only sh*t thing is that once tuned to Biofuel on this high powered cars you can only use BioFuel or your knock level gets to high. So pretty much means you have to plan ahead when you travel anywhere.

ok i have done some testing, just using my feel for how the car is behaving and the onboard computer to calculate fuel consumption.

So here is my conclusion (for 95 octane and upwards) for my car

Gull - didn't touch the stuff

Caltex Vortex 95 - the worst of the 95's (sh*t customer service)

Shell V power 95 - the best of the 95's and the best value for money (good customer service & flybuys)

Mobil 98 - 2nd best pump fuel you can buy, you still pay more for it though and the extra mileage does not outweigh the extra cost. (sh*t customer service, good supermarket)

BP 98 - the best pump fuel you can buy performance wise but as above the increased mileage does not outweigh the higher cost - the increased performance does but my daily driver is not for performance - this fuel i use in my race car. (Average customer service & AA rewards)

obviously differently tuned cars will prove different.

So I go to shell mostly, i go to BP when i feel like i need to splash out for some better performance and toput gas in the race car and ... I sometimes go to mobil only because they are in convenient locations.

If they enforce me to pre pay I just drive off and give them the fingers. I always dress cleanly and always look respectable, they have no reason to think I will steal petrol.

I drive either a company car clearly signwritten, or my VR-4 which has a personalised plate. The company car is a 2006 Corolla, hardly likely to steal petrol in that now am I?

True, But you wouldn't expect this either http://www.stuff.co.nz/4588750a11.html

Pre-pay is annoying and it is a minority group ruining it for the majority.

If I come across a pump on prepay I just give them my fuelcard or credit card before filling - never had any worries

Interesting thread.

I've been using Mobil 8000 in my Mini, which is tuned for 99RON. That's on the basis of my UK experience that BP Ultimate is utter crap and there is nothing else available over 95RON but Synergy 8000. I got quite excited when Shell announced V-Power as it's 99RON in Europe and the stuff that everybody into cars uses (well, some people use Tesco 99, but it isn't available everywhere and I'm not sure I'd trust supermarket fuel regardless of the octane) - and what my car was running when it was set up. I was more than a little disappointed to find it was just a rebrand of their 95RON rubbish. In the UK 95 is standard and only for use in dire emergencies; 91 isn't available even for lawnmowers.

So anyway, I'm now wondering why you guys all rate BP above Mobil. I personally couldn't care less about "service" as even when I started driving 23 years ago I had to fill my own car, I don''t especially want anyone smearing dirty water down my paintwork while they clean my windows and I definitely don't want somebody coming at dried-on bird crap on my roof with a damp cloth and scratching the paint. What I do want is the highest octane fuel available to minimise the chances I'll get detonation on full boost.

What do all the imported STIs that are supposed to have 100RON run over here, do just run low octane pump fuel and blow up even more often than they do in the UK? Surely they don't put octane booster in every tank?

Edited by Fen