Sign in to follow this  
OLLIE

Shell V-Power

Drove into shell this morning to see all the red banners etc all about shell v-power, ferrari bla bla bla = crap.

anyway the brochure told me nothing (would have sounded convincing to your mum)

Does anyone have some more info about it, for all i know it has detergent in it or monkey piss, how do i know what it will do to my engine?

It is Shells version of that Caltex cleaning gas.

Just another bullshit marketing thing.

The TV Ferrari add is pretty sweet though. Full length one anyway.

I got the big sales pitch from a lady at shell last night.

Blah blah Better Acceleration & Cleaning burning & More power.

Umm Yeah..... so how does that work ?

Well they could only tell me what the results are and nothing about it ( as expected )

And its 95... for now I'm sticking to BP's 98.

Reading through the website I still have no better idea as to how the fuel works to clean the deposits (apart from the fact that the videos show that it does compared to a "typical market fuel").

I guess they don't want to reveal their secret recipe.

The TV advert with the Ferrari F1 cars for it (the full length one) is brilliant.

Cheers

Grant

This campaign is stupid. If they are so confident why don’t they fill the F1 car up with it and see how it goes. I was speaking with a Ferrari salesman on Monday and he said they use 98 from BP.

I do like the add though. B)

This campaign is stupid. If they are so confident why don’t they fill the F1 car up with it and see how it goes. I was speaking with a Ferrari salesman on Monday and he said they use 98 from BP.

I do like the add though. B)

In the awesome episode of Top Gear where Hammond drives the Renault F1 car, they mention that F1 engines are strung to such high tolerances that all the parts have to be warmed up to operating temp with a heating system before starting the engine otherwise it would seize on ignition! So, I highly doubt they run pump gas in their cars! :D

people actually shop at shell?!!?!!?!?!

have done since i was 15. its the 11 herbs and spices that clean the engine.. and yes theyre secret

For gas I go to

1. BP

2. Mobil

3. Shell

4. Caltex

5. All the others

For service I go to

1. Shell

2. BP

3. Mobil

4. All the others

5. Caltex (I hate the wankers at my local one)

Shell in Pakuranga is the only gas station in the whole Eastern area that still has guys helping you pump your gas! Most of the time they are helping the little old ladies which is great for my Nana who lives close by.

For service I go to

1. Shell

Shell in Pakuranga is the only gas station in the whole Eastern area that still has guys helping you pump your gas! Most of the time they are helping the little old ladies which is great for my Nana who lives close by.

Same as shell Lincoln Road. Helps check oil, water, tyre pressures.. everything. My experience with shell is they always been a service station, with older employees, that dont mind helping out. Just friendly people really. I do get my gas bottles filled at BP though.

I dont understand the whole BP hype? Could someone explain it to me?

For Coffee & Pies I go to

1. BP

2. Mobil

3. Shell

4. Caltex

5. All the others

If its name and shame I nominate Mobil as having the worst service in the Papakura area, not only do they not help anyone at the pumps but they often only have one person working in the whole place and at night don’t let me pump my gas until I have pre paid. When I say I want to fill it they give me a strange look as if this is abnormal thing to do at a gas station.

Thank god our new car takes 95 so I no longer have to go to Mobil.

My brother was running mobils race gas in his rally car for a season after being recommended it, when they pulled the engine apart at the end of the season it was f**ked, they went to mobile to get answers, not completely sure what the outcome was but they did pay up a bit. No more Mobil for our cars!!

BP is just too expensive so Shell is my next best option with 500km/50L tank (95), sometimes further.

I filled up with V Power this morning, i'm not sure if it was on special but it worked out cheaper then the 91 elsewhere. Will soon find out what its like.

Only reason I can think of to go to BP is a reasonable pie :)

For gas, I have mostly used Shell as my last cars all seemed to run better on their 95 (odd I know). That and they take Countdown vouchers...

Wouldn't go to Mobil unless it was a life or death emergency.

If its name and shame I nominate Mobil as having the worst service in the Papakura area, not only do they not help anyone at the pumps but they often only have one person working in the whole place and at night don’t let me pump my gas until I have pre paid. When I say I want to fill it they give me a strange look as if this is abnormal thing to do at a gas station.

Dude, I feel you. They are completely useless. Actually had my entire Credit card put on hold by the stupid swipe'n'pay thing they have there. The manager had no idea how to fix the problem and wasn't concerned enough to help translate the Asian call centre they had me call. Took about 3 weeks to release the funds. Have also been given Vodafone top up instead of Telecom on more that one occasion etc etc. Just really sh*t service.

I go to BP in Takanini.

P.S Read todays sideswipe, has a rant by some anti car groupie complaining about how can Shell justify advertising 'More efficient' Fuel in a 300hp supercar.

I love the ad. One of the best.

Edited by ED1RTY

Only reason I can think of to go to BP is a reasonable pie :)

There is another reason why BP is best ....

The Caramel Slice they sell in the Wild Bean Cafes thru out NZ and why would I say this ??? .....

Cause I made it :P

(Sorry, couldn't resist the commerical plug)

Is this V-power thing similar to gull's 98 stuff? I believe M325is said it turned out cheaper than 91 for her? Do they use ethanol as some sort of octane booster as well or something?

Not too sure of the NZ variant but appears to be higher octane with ethanol and detergent amongst other things

Wiki V-Power

NZ composition

Edited by jeddy

Mobile is by far the worst!

Me (standing at pump pressing intercom) "please take it off prepay i want to fill up"

Dumb bitch at counter (foreign accent) "pump on prepay"

Me "yes i want to fill up please enable the pump"

Bitch "pump on prepay"

Me "Soo can you please turn off prepay i want to fill up, yes me over here see through the window?"

Bitch "Sorry, Pump on prepay"

Me "f**k You"

I walk inside ....

Another employee in the station says (foreign accent again) "you can leave please, with that language"

Me "What the f**k, you are retarded, I don't have time for retards. What the hell happened to customer service this is terrible, i am never coming back here again! USELESS!"

Employee "just leave"

Me "I'm leaving, cough retard"

So it's BP - for their 98 and AA points (whilst we are at it the AA is f**king terrible now, customer service people are a bunch of retards!!!) BP still has crap customer service and like mobil all the eftpos at pump is broken and the pumps leak but i havent had an incident there yet.

Or shell - because i'm trying something different in the V8. Customer service still sh*t (mostly)

So ... Conclusion is they are all sh*t! they are not service stations because you get no service.

You can't even get an empty jerry can if you have run out of gas down the road.

You can't even borrow a jump starter if your battery has run flat.

You can't even buy a roll of duct tape for gods sake.

You can however choose from a thousand different varieties of chips, drinks, coffees, womens magazines and toiletries products and chocolate and cigarettes and all that bullshit.

Don't even get me started on filling up LPG, what a fricken drama.

Anyway rant over, work to do

Guest Simon*

Mate I feel your pain - but that's f**kin' funny reading :D

I hate that pump prepay bullshit - what a crock! If they went out and filled your car they wouldn't have to worry about clowns doing a runner

And yeah, is it a supermarket or a petrol station?

Don't even get me started on filling up LPG, what a fricken drama.

ooooooooo I'm second on that!! Could have kicked somebody the other day! Drove to 3 different service stations! We should be able to do this ourselves, only the monkeys will probably blow the place up.

i go to shell fly buys plus fluy buys on visa card,local dsupermarket discount,good service plus they seem to run the most specials....Bp would be my next choice but they often seem to lead the price rises.

I only ever buy petrol at petrol stations,except the occasional ice cream or drink at holiday times

Edited by kiwi535

i go to shell fly buys plus fluy buys on visa card,local dsupermarket discount,good service plus they seem to run the most specials....Bp would be my next choice but they often seem to lead the price rises.

haha! Thats pretty much exactly what I was going to say. BP always lead price rises