Sign in to follow this  
Andre3000

E30 Recaro Seats

Hey guys, my original recaro drivers side seat is about to give up the ghost and im looking for either an identical replacement (like the picture below except drivers side) or a set of black leather recaro seats. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Cheers

post-2821-1213249902_thumb.jpg

Heres some pics of the drivers seat the passenger is in mint condition.

post-2821-1213355960_thumb.jpg

post-2821-1213355987_thumb.jpg

post-2821-1213356004_thumb.jpg

post-2821-1213356012_thumb.jpg

Based on what I've seen, you are unlikely to find someone selling seats in much better condition than that - might have to investigate recovering. BMW should still sell the original cloth, but $$$

Im getting the bad places on mine recovered. How about we both go in on a second hand rear seat and split the fabric.

That’s my picture in the first post. I wonder how we could find out if the shades are different.

Looks like you only need the side bolster re done. I can recommend a place in Papakura.

I can’t help it im Dutch :mellow:

Edited by Apex

Based on what I've seen, you are unlikely to find someone selling seats in much better condition than that - might have to investigate recovering. BMW should still sell the original cloth, but $$$

Its not the upholstery im worried about. I took the drivers seat apart the other nite and found that the right seat back bracket had sheared off, the wire used for foward tilting had snapped, and the right side is mauled badly and the levers cant be pulled. So rather than getting involved in welding and buying all sorts of fiddly bits to get the seat fixed im just looking for another seat.

Im getting the bad places on mine recovered. How about we both go in on a second hand rear seat and split the fabric.

That’s my picture in the first post. I wonder how we could find out if the shades are different.

Looks like you only need the side bolster re done. I can recommend a place in Papakura.

I can’t help it im Dutch :mellow:

thanks for the offer but my back seat is pretty mint. Yours is more stripy and my upholstery is hounds-tooth.

Sweet as, sounds like your seat is beyond repair.

I was meaning get a rear seat that matches and strip it and cut it up to make new panels for the front.

There was a set on TM yesterday. But they have the vinal sides like in my car.