Sign in to follow this  
KEYMAN

need help for a comfuse thing ????

hi , i would like to ask anyone in here about bmw model e46 320i . I just comfuse about da pedal acceleration on my car is so heavy and it's connection to the valve on da back of my muffer ???? I had try on e46 318i is very light and dont need you to pushing hard on da pedal like 320i ......

English language pwns you

But try spray some Dry-Glide into the accelerator cable near the pivot ( sorry don't really know the right word) and if not,maybe a small bit of lube behind the pivot on the acc pedal itself? Have no idea what the Muffer part is...

get professional advice before you do anything to your car.

I think the factory may have made it stiff for a reason. Not everyone can handle the brutal thrust of a 320i at kickdown...

I think the factory may have made it stiff for a reason. Not everyone can handle the brutal thrust of a 320i at kickdown...

Haha, mines also heavy, better that way imo.

English language pwns you

But try spray some Dry-Glide into the accelerator cable near the pivot ( sorry don't really know the right word) and if not,maybe a small bit of lube behind the pivot on the acc pedal itself? Have no idea what the Muffer part is...

yeah what he said, just lube up the outer lip a bit and slide it in, slide it in and out a few times though to be sure.

yeah what he said, just lube up the outer lip a bit and slide it in, slide it in and out a few times though to be sure.

:blink:

make sure you use water based lube though, oil based can cause irritation and also cause the rubber to break

make sure you use water based lube though, oil based can cause irritation and also cause the rubber to break

HaHa... you had lots of experience there Ollie ??? B)

get professional advice before you do anything to your car.

Would a "shrink" be appropriate ???

I JUST SOLVE OUT A PROBLEM ON YESTERDAY. I HAD TO CHANGE A NEW CABLE TO REPLACE THE OLD ONE AND IT'S SO REALLY BETTER NOW... HAHAHHA..... I WILL POST A PICTURE OF OLD CABLE LATER...IT'S LOOK SO BAD INSIDE ....MANY THANK FOR YOU GUY .....

Not a problem, pleased we could be of some assistance :)

Edit: grammer. Don't want to be caught out on this thread.

Edited by 3 SERIES