Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

Road Legal Track Car on a Budget

Have you left the sound deadening in? Depending on your tolerance of NVH, I'd suggest taking it out. I filled a 20pack beer box with deadening when I stripped mine - hella noisey though.

At this stage I have left it in, did think about leaving it out. But will be the last job if i do do it, really need to get it road legal first. Mainly took the carpet out cos it was rotting :ph34r:

Edited by Forrest

At this stage I have left it in, did think about leaving it out. But will be the last job if i do do it, really need to get it road legal first

Good plan....much better than my plan. My car's currently a wof'less garage queen.

Btw, where did you get your gearknob from?

Good plan....much better than my plan. My car's currently a wof'less garage queen.

Btw, where did you get your gearknob from?

Tardme. Its badass ay, ill just find the name of the seller

- littlered999

Edited by Forrest

May take a leaf out of Mattzy's book and go multicoloured till I can afford a respray :P

Chicks dig scars.. ;)

Build is looking good though mate, keep the updates coming!

Tardme. Its badass ay, ill just find the name of the seller

- littlered999

Dam straight its badass! looks better in a white e30 sorry! hahaha

coming along nicely nathan!

Chicks dig scars.. ;)

Build is looking good though mate, keep the updates coming!

Haha I know they do, have to see whether any chicks are gona see this in daylight first ;) Cheers, Matt

Dam straight its badass! looks better in a white e30 sorry! hahaha

coming along nicely nathan!

Haha well you know I really want a white e30...so it probably does haha. Bare metal respray in Alpine White when I put the m50 in maybe???

Haha, Cheers Blair

Edited by Forrest

Been busy as of late working on the car, but not alot of physical progress has happened.

Have been busy fitting a urethane diff mount (thanks Paul #14) and refitting the diff to the subframe (Help me I can't get the bolts to line up with the subfame now :( (do I take the propeller shaft off? to make it easier?)

Before the weekend I plan to have the car virtually road legal I am expecting to fit to my car:

Sway bar mounts, inner arch guards, the rest of my exhaust, a painted bootlid, my rebuilt front Konis, my new Trusting Brake Pads (thanks Paul #14 again), bleed with Motul 5.1 Brake Fluid, Get round to repainting my A pillar, Refill the diff, sort out a brass fitting for my oil pressure sender, order a water temperature gauge sender and change the oil and filter, then it is pretty much drivable again so it can get a warrant.

After that all I have to do is sort some semi slicks for my bottles or upgrade to 15's (if anyone wants to sell me any) and put r888's on. Get a half cage sorted, a cert for my bucket seat, some harnesses and a front strut brace and it is pretty much doneskis until I blow the motor up and put a m50 in....:D

Pics to follow accordingly with progress.

Thanks everyone, Nathan

Edited by Brams

Um, I'm sure you've already considered this - but an authority card should cover FIA harnesses and FIA seat (not sure what the deal is with half cage/rollbar) So might save you $400+ on just certing a bucket seat? That said FIA seats are expensive but I'd rather spend $400 more on a nice seat than a cheap one + cert?

Save the cert for when you have an M50 ;)

My 2c.

Thanks Jon, btw I see you got new wheels for your weapon, are you looking at selling any sets?

Update:

Got some pictures of my new flash as diff mount

Posted Image

Am waiting for my Koni's to arrive, soooooo got bored took a leaf out of JiB's book started doing this: :ph34r:

Should keep me occupied all weekend.

Posted Image

And gave my A pillar an ol' respray of sexy Calypso Rot (Not bad for a can job)

Posted Image

Twidling my thumbs till Monday when front suspension will be done, brakes done and I will have a semi mobile Maroon Missile.

Edited by Brams

Looks like fun stuff, that sound deadening is a mission when its been soaked(my roof leaked :()

That diff mount looks pretty snazzy, i myt have to get myself one of them, my current one is completely shot...

Hurry up and get it legal! lol

Looks like fun stuff, that sound deadening is a mission when its been soaked(my roof leaked :()

That diff mount looks pretty snazzy, i myt have to get myself one of them, my current one is completely shot...

Hurry up and get it legal! lol

Haha once the Konis arrive on Monday it will be nearly.

Yeah apparently the diff mount was around $300 to get cast. I got it for $xxxxxxxx LOL

Sound deadening = already got 3rd degree burns from the 600 deg heat gun lol

Should come show me your car bruv ;)

I will, when? now?

haven't driven it for a while, gettn used to my new car :P

Lucky the heatgun works, once the sound deadenings been soaked the heat gun makes it stick worse... :(

Mine took three of us a couple of hours with chisels and scrapers..

Edited by HUFF3R

I will, when? now?

haven't driven it for a while, gettn used to my new car :P

Lucky the heatgun works, once the sound deadenings been soaked the heat gun makes it stick worse... :(

Mine took three of us a couple of hours with chisels and scrapers..

Will hit you a text tmoro man

Yeah Im hoping it wont be too bad, touchwood

sweet as... think iv got work all weekend tho... othawise i'd offer to help

True that bro, not alot to do without the car mobile, just rebolt the diff to the subframe and start making up a exhaust if your any good at welding??? lol

I'm alright ae... kinda got someone else to do most the stuff on my cage, when u see it you'll see why lol... i welded up my exhaust patchn a hole, but its pretty damn rough...

I'm alright ae... kinda got someone else to do most the stuff on my cage, when u see it you'll see why lol... i welded up my exhaust patchn a hole, but its pretty damn rough...

Haha sick backyard as. Yeah my one is gona take alot of welding, and praying and hoping it fits lol, cos the first time it didnt

Well the car is alive, got the diff mounted back to the subframe, refilled and sorted, my a pillar is finished, am stoked with the results from a can job, the pads replaced with new trusting hi performance pads, got a standard exhaust mounted for the time being, oil flushed and refilled with new filter, had it idling and reving a bit smooth as for about 30 min in the garage, tryna avoid polluting myself to death, just need my front shocks and the bootlid repainted, brakes bled and it is alive...for the time being haha

Edited by Brams

Good stuff dude, feels good when hard work pays off huh.

Good stuff dude, feels good when hard work pays off huh.

Thanks man, yeah all the blood sweat and tears does pay off, but its not over yet, the jury is still out on how much fun it will be :D hasn't moved since August so I have forgotten what driving a e30 feels like.

I would say i'll let you drive mine, but i doubt that would ever happen :P

It's gonna be a completely different car man! If you put the heatgun on the sound deadening for a short amount of time it just pisses off, too long and sticks like sh*t to paper=not fun haha. You get that clip for the calliper diggity?