Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

Road Legal Track Car on a Budget

Took mine to plimmerton motors, but the owner is a relative :P

Took mine to plimmerton motors, but the owner is a relative :P

My mate got hook ups there I think. Keen to come with when I take it in maybe? Sort me out :D

Edited by Brams

Dunno if i could manage that ae, only time off from uni during business hours is a massive 4 hour gap in the middle of my tuesday... othawise i would be keen... dunno about hook-ups tho... is a relative, but not really close.... like 2nd cousin or something lol

Haha all good bro. I will see if it passes or not first <_< Im only worried about my rear shock mounts (they look like they are splitting but its just the way they were taken out of the moulds) and the wiring chilling all over the cabin, everything else should be sweet.

Not much of an update.

Just mainly, sway bars, wiring and rear seat and belts going in tonight. Then will be ready for a warrant on friday. Various pimp ass stickers have been ordered to raceify my car.

Exhaust is getting fitted on Saturday morning, is 2.5 inch straight through with a flowmaster 'esque' muffler in the middle to a 3.5 inch muffler and tip. Should give a tad more torque and make all that 'power' sound even sweeter. Also mounting my fire extinguisher to drivers side seat rail and getting the dude who is welding my exhaust to reinforce my seat mount welds etc so my body doesn't fold up like origami if I crash on the track.

Wheels will hopefully be sent Saturday/Sunday and here early next week, day or so to paint them and tidy up. Tyres will be in later next week, get them fitted next weekend then just to buy harnesses. Just need some info on mounting them without a cage, JiB, if you read this you will get a pm soon :D

Am tossing up buying a strut brace off ebay, if anyone has one from race series etc, that would fit a 4cyl, let me know, will pay well, exchange rate is way to lame atm to be paying stupid amounts for a bar of metal.

Pics to follow in due course.

Then it will be done :D just in time for the Anzac cruise.

Can't wait.

Nathan

Then it will be done :D just in time for the Anzac cruise.

Isn't that planned for the 25th? The day before the first of the intermarques?

Isn't that planned for the 25th? The day before the first of the intermarques?

Doesn't look like I will do the first one. Dad hasn't got his car sorted and I still have to find money to pay for a authority card, helmet and overalls. I would rather do the cruise atm 2bh anyway :o

Edited by Brams

Doesn't look like I will do the first one. Dad hasn't got his car sorted and I still have to find money to pay for a authority card, helmet and overalls. I would rather do the cruise atm 2bh anyway :o

Gutted... i would be keen on the cruise, but i really wanna race lol, and my car ain't that good for cruising... a bit uncomfortable...

Oh well, there's plenty more sprints before the years out ae :P

Gutted... i would be keen on the cruise, but i really wanna race lol, and my car ain't that good for cruising... a bit uncomfortable...

Oh well, there's plenty more sprints before the years out ae :P

Ya my mind might change, just need to see how things go next few weeks, am having heaps of hold ups. Guess got plenty of time to play with. Really just want to meet some of the guys up north and see some cars. But yeah see how we go, have the v8 supercars the weekend b4 so may be short on cash regardless haha

Tru tru, guttd i cant go to the V8s... work has a no time off near easter policy... and its my birthday that week tooo, gay as... anywayz.. can't have too much left to do on your car ae?

Just go for it without harnesses, then you dont need an authority card :P

And overalls are cheap as from mastertrade, i'm getting proper ones tho...

Getting my helmet off Trademe, found a seller that does some cheap ones to the Aussie standard, which is approved! :D

Helmet Link :P

Wow chur for the helmet link.

Yeah I will get proper ones. Just need to pull my finger outa my ass and sell all this crap I got lying around my house haha

How tall and fat are you?

There is a guy selling all his speedway gear on trademe:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/S...n-208029000.htm

XXL FLAMECRUSHER DOUBLE LAYER SUIT.

has small fray on right knee.

GLOVES SIZE L

NECK BRACE

BOOTS SIZE 9

HELMET SIZE WILL FIT 23INCHES OR 58CMS

BALACLAVA

BOX OF TEAROFFS

CARRY BAG

BELL SPORT 3 RACER SERIES

$400 is starting price and reserve...

The helmet along is worth that...

^ Cheers man but I'm pretty skinny.

Bit of progress tonight, got all my wiring/lighting problems sorted and the rear seat and belts refitted, just need to rebleed the brakes and fit the swaybars and we will be warrantable (I hope).

Nathan

New exhaust fitted today, is loud as I love it and makes it sound more like a race car, and got rid of the dirty singaporean cat too.

Got the seat rail re welded too, make it a bit stronger, is now fitted back to the seat with my fire extinguisher.

Pimp as race stickers arrived in the mail and have been fitted.

Pics to come :)

Edited by Brams

First decent cane (kinda) this morning, after going to see Paul at Interpart, went back through Middleton Rd, car handles about 1000x better than the boat I drove 8 months ago, very happy. The tyres are really letting it down at the moment, so r888's will be put on as soon as my wheels get here.

Can't wait to get a warrant, semi slicks on and take it for a decent run over Paekakariki Hill, should be a bit of fun :ph34r:

- Nathan

Wheels arrive today ^_^ will be painted later this week/weekend.

Tyres arrive early next week more than likely.

Final bits to do before a warrant.

Booking it in for tomorrow/friday. Trying to fit it inbetween doing my assignments :(

Getting there eventually. Love popping down to the shops in it :wub:

Guest Simon*

Awesome, nice work Nath

Got some kind of identity disorder? Who are you today? ;)

Awesome, nice work Nath

Got some kind of identity disorder? Who are you today? ;)

Oh its April Fools Remember...

Nah seriously I have OCD, on the main home page wherei it has your avatar and my messages etc it has my old user name, so had had to change it to match...SAD i knows.

And cheers Si, may hit you up bout that ride to the Anzac Cruise...need to see if I can drive it for 8 hours on the motorway with earplugs lol

Guest Simon*

And cheers Si, may hit you up bout that ride to the Anzac Cruise...need to see if I can drive it for 8 hours on the motorway with earplugs lol

ipod plus earmuffs FTW. The only way to travel in the back of a Hercules :)

If you can handle 3 and half to Napier I'll probably leave Friday afternoon. Need to see some evidence of a cruise actually happening though before I start any serious planning

ipod plus earmuffs FTW. The only way to travel in the back of a Hercules :)

If you can handle 3 and half to Napier I'll probably leave Friday afternoon. Need to see some evidence of a cruise actually happening though before I start any serious planning

Lol I have been talking to Blair, and was gona convoy with him, if He goes or not will decide what I do otherwise may jump in mine to Nap's on those fantastic back roads from Masterton...up to Napier, then jump in your beast.

And yes, someone in Auckland help us out re: cruise.

WARRANT ON MONDAY MORNING YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

Hope it passes..cos that would be embarrasing.

Sick of having a race car with no euro plates, rear seats and belts back in, shitty standard e30 front seats and no pimp red tow hooks :wacko:

Hurry up Monday.

Have also modded my airbox to MK4 spec for 0.1 more HP, pics to come.

Come on, if i can handle my tappets surely you can handle a little exhaust noise :P should be good fun, still havent even seen this running yet!

I have, straight out of the headers. Twas the best 1.6 in the world at that moment.

Ok... maybe not so great on the motorway... but i stand by it, with earmuffs she'd be sweet :P

Hahahaha yeah tis not bad, is plenty loud for a sewing machine.

Can't wait to get it slammed on those wheels and slicks scraping road kill off the backroads.....

At least it sounds like it'll be quicker thaan mine :P