Sign in to follow this  
mr E34

Awesome E30's, 2.7ltr Alpina, Sth.African 325is!!!

Stop trying to hide your boner sam.

For those of you that don't know there is at least one of each of those cars owned by members of the forum.

Nathan aka Zeitgeist used to own the Alpina till he sold it to one of the forum sponsors, and I'll let the 325is Evo owner show himself if he wants.

Nathan was almost giving the Alpina away at one stage - he tried to sell it to me, but it needed some money spent on it and at the time I'd just thrown some money at some property and so let it go. from what I can tell its been improved no end now, and I doubt I'll ever get a chance to own one again, sadly. BTW he paid next to nothing for it back then either (due to its needed maintenance one or two missing bits and at first some doubt as to its authenticity - all of which I believe have ben sorted). I've paid more for an auto 320i. I understand the new owner has taken excellent care of it and has turned/is turning it back into the gem it once was.

There's at least one other 325is Evo in Auckland as well in diamantschwarz if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by bravo

There was that white 325is Evo on here before as well (I think it was owned by a guy in Otago at some stage).

Cheers

Grant

Awesome cars.

I had no idea there were any 325is's in NZ, I always suspected Nathans ex-car was a genuine one but never quite knew.

We need the owners to ID themselves and post some pics!

Is the NZ Alpina E30 an auto like the one in the article?

Guest SamSpargo

as if the "I've already got a 5 lug E30" post wasn't hint enough.

I'm totally getting a clue over here.

Mine:

Posted Image

Not such a fan of the Alpina, but that 325is really floats my boat....mmm M3 suspension.

Any more info on this diffuser on the bottom of the TechII front? Very very interested in it.

Guest SamSpargo

Totally NLA, they only built 1000 of them in two runs of 500, so any chance of getting one is, nil.

Totally NLA, they only built 1000 of them in two runs of 500, so any chance of getting one is, nil.

Not wanting to get one. No time/money/interest. Would be terrified of stacking a rare car like that.

Just wanting to see how the front splitter/diffuser is designed. And how it attaches.

Guest SamSpargo

That's what I meant. You can't buy them and most have been ripped off over the passage of time.

Only 3 (4?) iS down here that we know of, and none of them had it anymore.

There was that white 325is Evo on here before as well (I think it was owned by a guy in Otago at some stage).

Cheers

Grant

Yup That's a mate of mine - Awesome car!

Stop trying to hide your boner sam.

For those of you that don't know there is at least one of each of those cars owned by members of the forum.

Nathan aka Zeitgeist used to own the Alpina till he sold it to one of the forum sponsors, and I'll let the 325is Evo owner show himself if he wants.

Nathan was almost giving the Alpina away at one stage - he tried to sell it to me, but it needed some money spent on it and at the time I'd just thrown some money at some property and so let it go. from what I can tell its been improved no end now, and I doubt I'll ever get a chance to own one again, sadly. BTW he paid next to nothing for it back then either (due to its needed maintenance one or two missing bits and at first some doubt as to its authenticity - all of which I believe have ben sorted). I've paid more for an auto 320i. I understand the new owner has taken excellent care of it and has turned/is turning it back into the gem it once was.

There's at least one other 325is Evo in Auckland as well in diamantschwarz if I'm not mistaken.

Car 67 running in the Castrol BMW open class is a genuine 325is - it is awesome

Awesome cars.

I had no idea there were any 325is's in NZ, I always suspected Nathans ex-car was a genuine one but never quite knew.

We need the owners to ID themselves and post some pics!

Is the NZ Alpina E30 an auto like the one in the article?

Who are you? you seem to know who I am. That car was a dog(english obviously), but a really cool dog with great bones and provenance, sort of like a doberman.. had the bark even! its in this sig... no doubt looks a totally different car now though!

Car 67 running in the Castrol BMW open class is a genuine 325is - it is awesome

Peter's? (Sorry, don't know his car number but he's been racing his 325is for years.)

Peter's? (Sorry, don't know his car number but he's been racing his 325is for years.)

Yeah, it is his.

I have a mint 1991 325is which had a C2 Alpina Sports package added to it as a new vehicle. This was done by Sytners the Alpina agent in the UK. It consisted of an Alpina Cam,16 inch Alpina wheels, Full Alpina Exhaust system by Boysen, Gear lever & Alpina Chip. The engine remained unchanged apart from the Cam & Chip. It bought the HP up to 190. I have had it on the dyno so was able to confirm this

The car is Hell Red & is fantastic to drive even though not technically a full Alpina. The car was bought into NZ in 1994 & I bought it 5 years ago off the chap who bought it in.

Thought some of you 325is & Alpina fans may be interested in my cars history

Cheers

Kento

Cheers

Kento

We need to see lots and lots of pictures.....of the whole stable mind you....not just the 'C2' :)

Who are you? you seem to know who I am.

Sorry, I don't know who you are.

Guest SamSpargo

I have a mint 1991 325is which had a C2 Alpina Sports package added to it as a new vehicle. This was done by Sytners the Alpina agent in the UK. It consisted of an Alpina Cam,16 inch Alpina wheels, Full Alpina Exhaust system by Boysen, Gear lever & Alpina Chip. The engine remained unchanged apart from the Cam & Chip. It bought the HP up to 190. I have had it on the dyno so was able to confirm this

The car is Hell Red & is fantastic to drive even though not technically a full Alpina. The car was bought into NZ in 1994 & I bought it 5 years ago off the chap who bought it in.

Cheers

Kento

Uk 325i Sport? Badass. Would love some pics!